sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

I m trying to play smart

after a few weeks with tremendus swings in my br, i did quit to play the cash tables at bodog.
    it was an endles bad beats sequences that took me nowhere but down the hills.
    the problem was that i need to make the points in order to someday cash out the frerrolls earned of februrary,
    i finnally did reach the number, and from now on i will only play the sng and the tournaments where i m doing quite well
    i have some points to make about the cash tables, that there are always the same players day in and day out.
    many of them apparently work in team. but, is my suspicion, and i can only especulate about it, also the case of the bots keep me away.
    in the sng the situation is very different, i cash out 12 out of the 17 that i had participated last week , and 3 out of 3 so far today, also earning a 10 + 1 ticket for any tournament of thae same value and qualifie to king of the felt freroll plus i earned a ticket to the 100 000 on sunday finishing 3ds on the lucky draw ticket that i participated on saturday on a 250 player field.
    so, in conclusion, with very litle money , if you play smart, you can get to the big money from those tournaments , where last nigt i cash out in a 7th position on the 3000 guaranty and 12 position on the 1000 gauranty, that also had Roxxyfish there and i think he made the final table.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Congrats bud!

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Are you in a hurry to hit your rollover?

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Very good keep it up!!

apkboston
    apkboston's Avatar Become A Pro!

you need to read a LOT more about variance my friend. no skill level can be determined without hundreds of thousands of hands.

sinmiedo

yes and no
    but i did in fact make a lot of gains in the first 2 weeks, substancial i may said. but as another poster said, variance took the besto of me.
    fortunatly my original br still almost intact perhaps down 10% when it was 75% up.

Phats1313
    Phats1313's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5059

Quote Originally Posted by RPP View Post
    Very good keep it up!!

Ditto

sunkite24
    sunkite24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poker is a luck game in my apinion. depends on the cards that comes along.. and well.. gotta play em right yeah... my luck in poker is kinda bad., or im just a bad player D

apkboston

the thing you people arent getting is that, you have to make a ton of correct decisions, just like in sports betting, if you have a 51% equity edge you have to push it, which means you will lose 49% of the time! get it? not to mention its pretty hard for an average player to beat the rake...

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

I am a HUSNG player only now. I rarely play anything else. I love it. Full tilt

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by RANDAZZO View Post
    I am a HUSNG player only now. I rarely play anything else. I love it. Full tilt
    ya, its the best. Time for sbr to bring it back too.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You need to use the onetrickpony strategy. Call every hand while being behind preflop and pray for a good flop. Then knock out the other 9 guys on the table one by one. Works all the time...lol

sinmiedo

last night i try again the cash table
    got raped again 3 times............3 buy ins........3 loses

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

What stakes cash game you playing. I usually play .25/.50 but have dropped down to .10/.25 this week after consistently losing as a 90% favorite. Not sure how but it happens to me a lot lately.

scarface2738
    scarface2738's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

sinmiedo

i play with you a lot keelo. i also play those takes and the downhill is very pronounced the bad beats never stops. and when i have something decent i have no callers or the call with something inferior and they hit big time.
    hiting the bords has become a challange, i can recall 3 sesions that i never hit the board, and if hiting was a second pair with 3 callers, so most of the time i have to lay down.
    it was a buy in of 30 dollars that it went all in calls and blinds never hiting anything.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Hang in there man. It's possible to have downswings of 10-15+ buy-ins even playing your "A" game due to variance. I think a lot of people's problems is their variance downswings are compounded by going on tilt when they lose 2 or 3 buy-ins and start playing their B, C and F game, so you lose 2 buy-ins due to bad beats and then a player loses an additional 3 buy-ins due to tilting. A bad session has turned into a money hemorrhaging session.

Sinmiedo, how would you assess your game when you are on a downswing, do you stay pretty cool or are you prone to tilt? This was a big leak in my game which I've focused on and gotten better but there are still times as no-one is tilt-proof.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    Hang in there man. It's possible to have downswings of 10-15+ buy-ins even playing your "A" game due to variance. I think a lot of people's problems is their variance downswings are compounded by going on tilt when they lose 2 or 3 buy-ins and start playing their B, C and F game, so you lose 2 buy-ins due to bad beats and then a player loses an additional 3 buy-ins due to tilting. A bad session has turned into a money hemorrhaging session.

Sinmiedo, how would you assess your game when you are on a downswing, do you stay pretty cool or are you prone to tilt? This was a big leak in my game which I've focused on and gotten better but there are still times as no-one is tilt-proof.
    i tend to tilt a bit like everyone, this game is get to people whoe are very emotional like me.
    last night i decided to play more sng and tournaments, on fridays i finish 3rd cashing in 124 dollars on a 1000 guarantee, and the majority of my winnings are coming from there.
    i won 6 out of 11 sng and i moved again to play .10 .25 buying in for very litle, and lost the 2, then move down to .o2 .05 and did well and slowlwy move to .06 and .10 and made some dollars, and decided to play tag on .25 .50
    i did it for about 1hour just holding my buy in and wating for a big hand concntrating in 1 table only
    i got JJ on the bb ; there were 3 raisers to 1.50 so i was prudent and call, flop came 565 rainbow, i chequed my over pair waiting for the 3 raisers they cheque raise 2 and i reraise to 8 and 2 of them fold, the buttom call
    J on the tourn give me the nuts fullhouse jjj66 i push all in and the buttom call showing 66655, and the river gives him the last 6 for quads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    last week i floped 999jj and i played to the river and lost a 400 dollars pot to a player who call all the way with j10 to get runner runner 10 and made 10's full of jj
    well, this has been happening to me and that is the way i have been loosing big time, it is not the first time the every session is tha same, so i made a withraw for my last dollars, since i belive that i will never be able to beat Bodog soft,
    on the tournaments was the same thing , AA KK QQ all beat by random cards, and inferior players, playing like it was free money.
    today i will play the 100 000 sunday a ticket that i won over 300 players, and i will comment tomorrow, but i made up my mind, take money of bodog and play someware else.I m tire of the 99% bad beats.
    i do not consider myself a bad player, but this bad beats looks very suspicius to me specially when i made some gains all of the suden the money vanished.

best regards

alex

RANDAZZO
    RANDAZZO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

You should try out heads up sng's. That's all I play now.

Richards

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    today i will play the 100 000 sunday a ticket that i won over 300 players, and i will comment tomorrow, but i made up my mind, take money of bodog and play someware else.I m tire of the 99% bad beats.
    i do not consider myself a bad player, but this bad beats looks very suspicius to me specially when i made some gains all of the suden the money vanished.

best regards

alex

Good luck in the tourney. Mop up some cash man! I can't really comment on bots and collusion at Bodog but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the games at Bodog (and elsewhere) have players playing angles and working together, and there are days when it seems like two pair on an unpaired board is never good.

However I think the other factor is if Bodog has softer competition, you will have more players going all in with absolute junk hands and they will have many more opportunities to deal out bad beats.

It would be interesting to have a thread here on SBR on spotting some of the signs that you are playing with colluding players. There's been a few times I've been playing, not specifically at bodog, where a few factors going on at the table smelled a bit funny. These were in cash games and in most cases I just quit the table luckily before getting taken for any large amount.

I had heard that SnGo's on some larger sites have in the past been the target of colluders. I wonder how hard Bodog tries to police this. ANyone have any examples?

cc440unn
    191-217-8 +54.40u
    cc440unn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sunkite24 View Post
    Poker is a luck game in my apinion. depends on the cards that comes along.. and well.. gotta play em right yeah... my luck in poker is kinda bad., or im just a bad player D
    wow... nothing to say except your probably a bad player....poker is not only a luck game. more skill than anything else.. just have to read and play more seriously to understand that.

sinmiedo

the caracteristics of some player at Bodog are so bad that the day that i get some positive varience probably i will recoup all my money plus.in the mid time i still loosing against morons that the only thing they know is to play all in with any 2 cards and get reworded by the program. as sick as it sounds it is a fact.
    i only have a few dollars left just to play sng and i will star playing hu . i did it today with good results. then again i join the .10 .25 tables and this morons play ak like the nuts and they call all the way to the rive no matter what the board looks like, the trublesome thing is that they hit the miracle time after time after time.

scarface2738

grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apkboston

normal variance in sit n gos says that you need about 100 buyins for your stake, i would say if you are in the micro levels have at least 30-50 buy ins

Richards

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    the caracteristics of some player at Bodog are so bad that the day that i get some positive varience probably i will recoup all my money plus.in the mid time i still loosing against morons that the only thing they know is to play all in with any 2 cards and get reworded by the program. as sick as it sounds it is a fact.
    i only have a few dollars left just to play sng and i will star playing hu . i did it today with good results. then again i join the .10 .25 tables and this morons play ak like the nuts and they call all the way to the rive no matter what the board looks like, the trublesome thing is that they hit the miracle time after time after time.

Hang in there man. I don't think Bodog's "program" is fixed. Someone with enough hand histories (100K+?) could detect this, for example by looking at what percentage a player who is both a favorite to win the hand, and ahead in the hand DOES win, vs. the underdog getting the card he needs, and compare this to the expected value.

On the other hand if you have tons of players going all in with JUNK you'll have a much larger percentage of players WINNING with JUNK, as you are never THAT big of an underdog with any two cards pre-flop.

Runner-runner wins and multiple two-outers, they do sting. I think this was suggested before, but watch any tuff fish video for great THERAPY!

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

12/17 is nice, but a very small sample size.

Your terrible luck on bodog is balancing out your insane MTT luck, obv. The statement "I just got in the top 12 of two huge MTTs because of my smart play and dropped a few hundo on bodog because it's rigged." is a great example of self serving bias. Congrats on the rungood, but you gotta take some hard licks in this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-serving_bias

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post

Your terrible luck on bodog is balancing out your insane MTT luck, obv. The statement "I just got in the top 12 of two huge MTTs because of my smart play and dropped a few hundo on bodog because it's rigged." is a great example of self serving bias. Congrats on the rungood, but you gotta take some hard licks in this game.

in mmy personal opinion i belive that after examining where i had earned the money is clear that torunaments and sng are all cash flow possitive however, the in the cash games i have lost all those winnings.
    thereofre, i maight be a better tournamnet player than a cash player.
    I have arrived to this conclusion after examining 1 year of earnings from cash ( negative right now) and tournaments and sng.
    in contrast my live cash games winning are substancially cash possitive.
    thanks for your observation about self-serving, but i was refering to my tournaments vs cash games earning that i explain here.
    best regards
    sinmiedo

jeff1973
    jeff1973's Avatar Become A Pro!

that's great, congradulations, sinmiedo!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The MTT and SNG scene on Bodog is awfully weak. Most SNG grinders aren't going to sit around and wait for a room to fill up and even if they do, they can only play 4 sngs at a time. Most of the tournament players there don't understand ICM, M, playing the bubble, or anything else tournament related. Some of the moves you'll see when the blinds go up are mind boggling. It's a little painful to put in volume there, but if you do and you know your stuff you can put up a pretty high ROI there.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The MTT and SNG scene on Bodog is awfully weak. Most SNG grinders aren't going to sit around and wait for a room to fill up and even if they do, they can only play 4 sngs at a time. Most of the tournament players there don't understand ICM, M, playing the bubble, or anything else tournament related. Some of the moves you'll see when the blinds go up are mind boggling. It's a little painful to put in volume there, but if you do and you know your stuff you can put up a pretty high ROI there.

You hit the point.
    in poker is about ROI, and if mine is comeing form SNG and MTT is there where i should be.
    Best regards
    Alex

cc440unn
    191-217-8 +54.40u
    cc440unn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post

True.

Cant say your good a good sng player with a so little sample...

Any donks who played more than 1k sng already have some good cash streak.

Its also depends the site where youre playing and the STAKES

12/17 at 5.00+50$ sng and 12/17 at 100+9$ sng...this is not same thing

This is one ht e most beautifull thing with the sports betting. This is not mroe difficult to play more hhigher stakes. at poker if youre playing on 1-2 cash table. the players will be more poor than on a 5-10 table (generally). So it will be more hard to build your bankroll from 1000$ to 10,000$ than if yur starting with 100$ and trying to build it to 1,000$. at sports betting this is the same thing.....you just only had a 0 to each bet.

Wish you good luck

gheira
    gheira's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really agree, this game is not necessary a luck game but also in some other way's commands to have your mental capability. This is a serious game and exciting at the same time.
    Points Awarded:

Pirozzi gave gheira 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Agreed and congratulations bud.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post

Yeah your right about the tilt thing as i used to have issues with that a while back when i would get sucked out but now i might get mad when it happens at wrong times but i have trained myself to not let that justify any bad plays on my part, i have it implanted in my head that it is only 1 hand out of the thousands of hands i play. I honestly just look at the big picture and try and put in my 40hours a week and assess it from there.

scarface2738

grats!!!!!!!

12 Last