ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its most misused phrase in the world

When a guy that plays 10 hands of poker in his life and can win a tourney with 100 so called pros it kills the PRO theory
    Other forms of poker than large MTTs with very big variance. Get a clue JJ.

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    She had a kidney transplant or something like that a few years ago, she almost died.
    That's what it was, I knew she had something serious medically. Tough break.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

dukes is hot...stop lying you'd all hit it and titty **** it. fool trolls

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There is no such thing as a pro poker player

It is silliest misuse of a word I have ever heard

games of chance are not professional occupations
    , yup guys like Phil Ivey, Dwan, and the thousands of other pro poker players that make a good living playing poker all have just been getting lucky.......

OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1464

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    , yup guys like Phil Ivey, Dwan, and the thousands of other pro poker players that make a good living playing poker all have just been getting lucky.......
    I have heard they make the majority of there money from Appearances and advertisements

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everytime Im in AC I win more money in a session than she does on national tv. This bitch is the worst. I would fuckin eat Leann Tweedans ass out with a fork. She is hot.

MortalLock
    MortalLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2654

Dude shes really smart. She is very good at poker shes best in cash game along with mixed games. Dude she plays and wins in the biggest cash games in vegas dude. Shes frekin good and sexy

OnlyMayo
    OnlyMayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

She is "grandfathered" in the pros from back in the day when not many women were in poker...

btw...I would do her again...

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Selbst got owned by ruffin in HSP 2 weeks ago
    Attached Images  

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

based on ur type i doubt u know much about her... second of all female players gets attention, especially one who plays for high stakes, and considering the fact that most say she used to be "hot" and the bracelets, its a good promo

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20709

she got in the game the old fashioned way, slept her way to the top

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

She plays in the biggest cash games in the world and has decent tournament success. I'd imagine that is why.

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Ya... she's kinda retired. She has not made past day 1 in wsop main event for quite some time lols and ya, she can still live pretty darn lavishly with all dem winnings and sponsors behind her. Im jealous

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I don't know how many threads I'm going to post this in, but is jjgold right about anything? There's loads of consistent winners on all levels, from people who do it for extra income at the micros to your nosebleed guys like Patrik Antonius and durrrrr.

When I was injured on the job and my workman's comp wasn't cutting it, I was in a situation where I HAD to win or borrow money. I held it together playing 1-2 FL Omaha hi-lo for about six months before I got back on my feet (literally) playing hundreds of thousands of hands. Of course, for every winner there's about 2 guys losing "for fun" and 5 guys losing who think they're winners.

Jennifer Harmon is sharp as hell. She's kind of packed it in to raise her family, but I've seen so many good decisions from her. You can create a reel of brilliant or terrible decisions for anyone who's played enough TV hands, but she's made it in the long haul. Plus being involved with Full Tilt means consistent income.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how these guys who are playing $.50/$1 blinds against a bunch of donk guppies (probably still losing $$$) are saying that someone who plays high stakes poker against some of the sharpest players in the game and is profitable doing so is a bad poker player.

"Moooom!! bring me some soda I'm 3 hours into a freeroll tournament first place pays $100, geez!!" "man that Jen Harmon really sucks at poker."

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Jen Harman , played in the big mixed game at Bobby's room at Bellagio, and holds her own. She plays all of the poker games, Stud, Omaha, Draw, etc.... She now plays the big mixed game at Aria on occasion. I played at her table in a $2000 WSOP stud/8 event , and she played great. She also donates alot of time and money to charities as well...

Vanessa Selbtst , the other girl pictured, is probably the best female poker player in the world currently. Lots of tourney winnings in the last year.

That being said, continue with the hate...

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    dukes is hot...stop lying you'd all hit it and titty **** it. fool trolls
    Hopefully this is a joke because she's one butt ugly woman.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by beermankirk View Post
    Jen Harman , played in the big mixed game at Bobby's room at Bellagio, and holds her own. She plays all of the poker games, Stud, Omaha, Draw, etc.... She now plays the big mixed game at Aria on occasion. I played at her table in a $2000 WSOP stud/8 event , and she played great. She also donates alot of time and money to charities as well...

Vanessa Selbtst , the other girl pictured, is probably the best female poker player in the world currently. Lots of tourney winnings in the last year.

That being said, continue with the hate...
    pretty much this

shes known as one of the best limit holdem players in the world, and plays at the highest live stakes

selbst is hands down the best woman in poker today, i doubt its close

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

So much idiocy in this thread...

Jennifer Harman was a winner in games that could have 7 figure swings. She hardly ever plays anymore because she doesn't have to. And who the **** cares if a woman who's pushing 50 and came very close to death recently is hot. I don't know her personally, but I know people that do and they all say she's a fantastic person.

I'm not even going to address the moronic comments about professional poker players from JJ Troll because that would require taking his posts seriously.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So much idiocy in this thread...

Jennifer Harman was a winner in games that could have 7 figure swings. She hardly ever plays anymore because she doesn't have to. And who the **** cares if a woman who's pushing 50 and came very close to death recently is hot. I don't know her personally, but I know people that do and they all say she's a fantastic person.

I'm not even going to address the moronic comments about professional poker players from JJ Troll because that would require taking his posts seriously.
    you already did..

BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You make money throwing crap?
    I did have a summer job in college working as a honey dipper (driving a truck with a pump and tank full of turds). I emptied outdoor toilets all day. It was a shitty job but paid great! So yes, I made money hurdling turds. I know my shit.

Gio21
    Gio21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yeah jen always looked a bit off to me every time ive see her on tv

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are we sure that one player is a girl? Can we give her that test they gave that South African runner? Until that is done, I am not sure we can label her as the best female. We must be fair at SBR.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

This thread is funny.

All of the sane responses are true. All of the crazy responses are false. You determine which is which.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Harman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_Selbst

Cheers.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

sucking and fvckind does wonders for career

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    I held it together playing 1-2 FL Omaha hi-lo for about six months before I got back on my feet (literally) playing hundreds of thousands of hands. Of course, for every winner there's about 2 guys losing "for fun" and 5 guys losing who think they're winners.
    With the exception of MTT hold 'em tourney's Omaha is all I play now.
    Easy money, lots of fish out there think 2 pair is the nuts in Omaha.

First 12