wiffle
    wiffle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

in a satellite or double or nothing
    obviously not pre in a tourney except maybe on the bubble with less than a bb

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Epic thread .. I love this!

--- I am not a cheater! But now I will cheat. --

You go one with your bad self

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    The reasons that they have are borderline questionable at best.
    They basically gave me a bunch of hand histories and said explain why you did this... and then they give you an example.
    One was when I folded pocket aces. and they asked why i would fold the best hand in poker. The answer was that i was on the bubble so i folded. The scenarios are mostly me folding when my friend was in BB or him folding when i was in BB. that is hardly colaborating. its not like i was dumping chips or doing squeeze plays or anything. anyways, pokerstars is bullshit.
    Lol this post makes me so mad. That is collaborating you dumbass.

If you are soft playing your buddy on the bubble you are letting him keep his chips when it is your duty to play aggro.

Unless of course you really do suck and were just playing $1 tourneys. Still, good job pokerstars support

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Collusion...cheating...same thing. I know someone who used to work at Full Tilt, you get banned for colluding with friends on the spot if they have proof.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

There's WAY too much table talk in some of these poker rooms - SBR freerolls for example. I'm not talking about "gl" or "nice hand" eaither. I've seen players discuss the hand in play and tell each other what they are going to play.

MJ_6rings
    I'm the GOAT!
    MJ_6rings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why cheat.. cheating brings you no good..

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

its near impossible to prove cheating or collusion... this whole thread is BS..

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Im going to cheat for sure now, and create a ton of accounts and use every IP address I can to get back at Stars.

Good to see you're advertising to everyone....I'm sure they don't monitor this forum You may want to stick to your MENSA society meetings

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Good to see you're advertising to everyone....I'm sure they don't monitor this forum You may want to stick to your MENSA society meetings
    Look at all these idiots so who are so angry. Maybe Ive seen the light and u are so dillusional that you dont see the big picture here.

If they have kicked me off for soft play against my friends just imagine what is really going on. I read there was a 100 player chinese collusion ring on PS. Plus, the whole absolute poker cheating thing.

OMG, if all this has been exposed this problem is much bigger than any of us know. As long as there has been poker there has been cheating at poker, and there always will be. Get mad about it, but thats the way it is, and thats how it always will be. Those who are playing straight up are getting mad cuase they are getting beat by angle shooters and advantage bettors (people much smarter than the other players).

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been colluded against many times on sitngos, 3 times in one day by the same 2 people (who were dumb enough to put the same hometown and sit next to each other).. I got them once and they got me twice.. I sent a message to PS, they said 'we take these very seriously, we'll investigate, blah blah'.. nothing happened

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Ban for "cheating" okay but really taking his money? they will end up in some court doing that.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Ban for "cheating" okay but really taking his money? they will end up in some court doing that.
    not likely if there is any proof of cheating or as the lawers will call it fraud just my guess

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

AFAIK, it would not go to court, because there is no jurisdiction.

Also, he broke their terms of service and they reserve the right to ban and seize the $$ in the account.

Everybody agrees to the terms when they create the accounts.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

it was stated in an earlier thread thatthisbozo robzilla played in the 1pm tourny here today and the late one tonite so i say ban this fck fortrying to get over on sbr

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    People you know? Like a 6 man SitnGo with Robzilla, Bobzilla, Mobzilla, Gobzilla, Lobzilla, and JoeMark?

bondi_slacker
    bondi_slacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

sorry dude, life sucks

AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

1. This guy cheated for sure and got caught. Tough luck

2. Are you guys serious about NEVER folding AA on the bubble? Obviously there's not an overwhelming number of situations where it is +ev to do so but for example....

Lets say there are 3 guys left in a $100 6 person sit and go. 1st place pays out $420 and 2nd place pays out $180. Button has 5000 in chips, SB has 3980 in chips, and YOU the BB have 20 in chips. You are dealt AA and BOTH the Button and SB have gone all in. It is your turn to act, what do you do???

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by AmpleGamble View Post
    what do you do???
    Buy the other two guys a drink for gifting me $180.

Hawkeye2009
    Hawkeye2009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Nobody folds pocket aces!
    mate, i know somebody who does !!!!

Insane but... he does , coz once he lost with aces 10000 leva (7000$) vs 1 outer !!!!

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

you cheated, they caught you, end of story!

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

And now he is cheating us! He played in 2 SBR poker tourneys on the same day when everyone is only supposed to play 1. He finished 49th in the 1:00pm tourney and 2nd in the 10:00pm. He was paid the 300 points prize. He can't deny this one.

levski2006
    levski2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmeister View Post
    And now he is cheating us! He played in 2 SBR poker tourneys on the same day when everyone is only supposed to play 1. He finished 49th in the 1:00pm tourney and 2nd in the 10:00pm. He was paid the 300 points prize. He can't deny this one.
    lol is that true?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuts View Post
    Yeah maybe after the flop, but never pre flop
    yes pre flop, in satties only.

fishblood
    fishblood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pok aces always win.LOL

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im going to cheat for sure now, and create a ton of accounts and use every IP address I can to get back at Stars.
    to innocent onlooker this sounds like you were already doing it before you got caught

EZMARVIN
    EZMARVIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you given the thought that if you do that you would be cheating other players and not PokerStars ????

Mylak
    Mylak's Avatar Become A Pro!

The scenarios are mostly me folding when my friend was in BB or him folding when i was in BB. that is hardly colaborating.
    You're not serious. Folding to your "friend" in the BB and him folding to you is practically the definition of open collaboration in a SnG. On top of that 1 or 2 SnG's would not be nearly enough for them to even think about banning you. So this must have happened numerous times.

Just because you don't think "soft playing" your friend is not cheating doesn't make it true. It's cheating. It's collaboration and collusion. It is the exact "scenario" that people will report you for, and for the average clueless online player to notice it, it must have happened quite a lot.

I understand that you would be upset, especialy if you didn't realize what you were doing was technically cheating. Now you know. Don't do it anymore.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Props to pokerstars, they did gooood job!!!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

everyone cheats on pokerstars, no big deal

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheatin...oker#Collusion

Poker cheats have a reputation for believing they would win anyway if they didn't cheat, and when that fails, claiming that their behavior is justified because "it's immoral to let a sucker keep their money" or that winning consistently playing it straight is impossible.

I've also read that with rare exceptions, we don't have to worry much about you, or the hundreds of cheats like you, because people smart enough to win rarely collude, and people that resort to cheating are normally dumb enough to get caught.

Apparently it's all true.

kaschmunnie
    kaschmunnie's Avatar Become A Pro!

you obv cheated if they had overwhelming evidence...you deserve to be banned

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by Mylak View Post
    You're not serious. Folding to your "friend" in the BB and him folding to you is practically the definition of open collaboration in a SnG. On top of that 1 or 2 SnG's would not be nearly enough for them to even think about banning you. So this must have happened numerous times.

Just because you don't think "soft playing" your friend is not cheating doesn't make it true. It's cheating. It's collaboration and collusion. It is the exact "scenario" that people will report you for, and for the average clueless online player to notice it, it must have happened quite a lot.

I understand that you would be upset, especialy if you didn't realize what you were doing was technically cheating. Now you know. Don't do it anymore.
    For a total newbie, how does folding to your friend help you so much it's called cheating?

What's the strategy? To have one less player to compete against when you are the BB?

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a hypothetical situation, I didn't take the time to work out an exact situation like this.

Set up: A is the original poster of this thread, B is butt pirate buddy (they are BFFs) and C is you. You guys have been playing a grueling tournament for hours and are the final 3. The stack sizes look like this:

A = 5000
    B = 550
    C = 500

The blinds are 250/500 and B is in the small blind, A is the big blind. B goes all in. Right now there are now 1050 chips in the middle, with A to call 50.

So the current stack sizes: C = 500, A = 4500 (50 to call) , B = 0 (ALL IN)
    POT = 1050

A can not fold here regardless of whatever cards he has. If he does this on a routine basis to player B but not to player C, that is collusion. There is no hand (in my contrived scenario) where calling the additional 50 chips is -EV for a pot of 1100. Even if B showed up with AA and A had 27o everytime the EV is still positive (and yes that is an 11% chance to win hand)

Mylak
    Mylak's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is termed "soft playing" and it is a form of collusion. By not playing against your friend you are preserving your chip stack and his. The whole point of collusion in an SnG being to get the people who are cheating into the money. As the poster stated, both he and his friend were folding to each other. That is open cooperation and in poker that is cheating.

azgrabi1
    azgrabi1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

thats playing with fire from the get go. sorry, sucks

First 1234 Last