jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog Poker has got to be the worst poker site ever

How many bad beats can happen in an hour to one person. Bodog has got to be the worst poker site out there. I mean I hate that WWTS went out of business and sent me over to this spyware place that even Mcafee Security says you shouldnt download their poker software. What a bunch of jokers. You think with their bad lines, the poker would be the best thing they got for them. So many better places to play. Time to move on from these jokers.

UsUschi
    UsUschi's Avatar Become A Pro!

it was a class poker room but bodog turned into shit in no time

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad things. I generally tend to avoid listening to bad beat stories, because it's usually drivel spewed by crappy poker players. However, Bodog seems to rise above the rest in bad beats. That being said I've never really played there, and I would advise people to avoid it if it's a matter of simple choice.

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

I have to disagree, yes there software is faulty but the money to be made in their poker room is phenomenal for low stakes players. I only play their occasionally now as I've moved to almost exclusively live play, but when ever my online cash balance is low, I always turn to Bodog. It has the most fish.

Good luck on the felt...

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Bad beats aren't valid arguments, but their tourney schedule is terrible!

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor80 View Post
    Bad beats aren't valid arguments, but their tourney schedule is terrible!
    for me I like their schedule. I in the evenings they have the $10,000, $4000, $3000, $2000 all within an hour of each other, and if I bust in one of them (4 table max), they have the $5000 a hour later. However, Im on the west coast putting these between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. It probably does suck if your outside this timezone

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Quote Originally Posted by El Sol View Post
    I have to disagree, yes there software is faulty but the money to be made in their poker room is phenomenal for low stakes players. I only play their occasionally now as I've moved to almost exclusively live play, but when ever my online cash balance is low, I always turn to Bodog. It has the most fish.

Good luck on the felt...
    you are right lots of fish there

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

yes I agree. I vowed to never play there again. glitchy software that cost me real $

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Bad beats mean you got your money in good and somebody sucked out on you. That means a bad player made a mistake and called with a worse hand and got lucky. So a site with more bad players is going to have more bad beats. You make money from bad players that make mistakes, gotta take the good with the bad. If you can handle the bad beats you will make more money against the bad players. It's always the fish tanks that everyone complains about bad beats on. Those are the most profitable sites.

If I could get rakeback I'd be at Bodog.

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

How come at every other poker site I play at including Greek and Intertops, Mcafee security doesnt consider this spyware?

PP
    PP's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is playing poker at the greek? How many players roughly? Also is there heads up play?

hitthew8room
    hitthew8room's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

bodog has been cheating people for years in both poker and sportsbetting. stop playing there

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Before people start thinking I'm a bad player I would like to state that I am up close to 1700 on Pokerstars in the past year. This was from grinding it out at low stake tables.

I have played at Pokerstars, Fulltilt, Ultimate bet, and Bodog.

Bodog is by far the worst. It has horrible beats and shitty software. Sometimes is freezes or disconnects when I'm way ahead and by the time I get connected again, I has been blinded out a ton of chips.

I forgot to add that I mainly play heads up games so getting disconnected when you have 2300 chips and the other person has 700 chips kind of sucks. I have a good connection too. I think it's just the shitty poker software Bodog has.

Anyway, after tonight I will never play at Bodog again. I lost 5 straight $22 heads up games in horrendous fashion. Two of them were two outer on the river.

My aces lost to pocket 5s all in pre-flop. I raised and the other guy goes all in. I call with aces and he hits a river 5....Ok, that happens once in a while. Horrible play by the other guy but on to the next game.

I flop a straight. Guy bets and I raise because the other guy raised pre-flop and I think he might shove if I raise. Guy goes all-in with top pair ace kicker. I call. He turns two pair and then rivers a boat. Runner Runner beat me after I flop a straight!!!! Ok.......just running bad now.

I have ace queen. I raise and of course some idiot calls me with trash. Flop comes ace, queen, king. I bet guy calls. Turn is a 2. The other guy bets. At this time I go all in fearing a BS straight on the river. The guy calls me with KING 8!!!! The next card, you guess it. A King!

Next hand I get Queens. I raise and then the other guy re-raises preflop. I call. Flop comes 9,10, 6. He best I raise. Next card is a queen. I check he blast the pot, I go all in. I have trip queens and he has pocket kings. Final card, King!!!!!!

You get the idea. I get my chips in with far and away the best hand and still lose to horrible plays. The sad thing is, I had been winning money from betting on sports before I started playing poker. It's almost like Bodog is programmed to take it back anyway they can.

I never believer online poker was rigged. I just thought people saw more bad beats because there were a lot more hands dealt online. Now I'm starting to think it's really shady......

I sharkscoped a lot of theses players and they were all down money. It's almost like the software is giving bad players and advantage for some reason.

Pokerstars seems the most legit to me. I've seen crazy stuff at Fulltilt as well. I've played 9 person sit'n'go tourneys there and it's not uncommon to see three people have Aces, Kings, and Queens pre-flop. Then they go all in and the Queens win.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-19-11 at 12:17 PM.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

they 'random' is just not random

BodogBecky
    BodogBecky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hitthew8room View Post
    bodog has been cheating people for years in both poker and sportsbetting.
    This is just not true. Can you please provide me with a specific example of how you've been cheated or someone else has been cheated?

Thanks,
    Becky

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

i would hace to agree abiut the bad beats
    but i stongly desagree about the cheating
    bodog has never mist a payment and thir tech support is fantastic
    now, remember , they are there to make money so their soft is writing in a way to generate the maximun raking

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Can somebody enlighten me why would poker room cheat their own players ?

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

maybe a player lose, gets angry about bad beat and than redeposit?

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Pajda View Post
    yeahh people.... random cards makes people crazy but poker rooms are not cheating..... run better next time...

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Pajda View Post
    +1

random cards make people crazy... but poker rooms are not cheating...

run better next time

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i stop playing there beacuse i have to wait 10-15 minutes for one sit n go to start trafic is very low besides that they r ok they r faster with withdraw than fultilt

kaschmunnie
    kaschmunnie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog is no worse than anywhere else, the amount of hands you play online is much greater than that in live games. Thus, you tend to see more bad beats and big hands than you think is usual when it really just deceiving. everyone gives and takes bad beats, it happens. if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen.

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by BodogBecky View Post
    This is just not true. Can you please provide me with a specific example of how you've been cheated or someone else has been cheated?

Thanks,
    Becky

bodog software is setup to reward the fishers thats why the software pays off the fishers so much bodog knows that the fishers will continue to geberate them a rake if the software continues to reward the players ....so the software is just setup to reward the players who are fishers and push constantly and yes the poker site is just absolutely horrible

William_Brasky
    William_Brasky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kidk View Post
    bodog software is setup to reward the fishers thats why the software pays off the fishers so much bodog knows that the fishers will continue to geberate them a rake if the software continues to reward the players ....so the software is just setup to reward the players who are fishers and push constantly and yes the poker site is just absolutely horrible
    I have a higher win rate on Bodog than any other site (Stars, Tilt, UB, etc...). The software is clunky but worth putting up with to get at all the bad players...

My only problem with Bodog is that the players are SO bad that it's hard to make $ off them before they go broke to other regs...

count da money
    count da money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

Quote Originally Posted by kaschmunnie View Post
    Bodog is no worse than anywhere else, the amount of hands you play online is much greater than that in live games. Thus, you tend to see more bad beats and big hands than you think is usual when it really just deceiving. everyone gives and takes bad beats, it happens. if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen.
    i'm getting sick of pokerstars and the Q3 donks that win on the river

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

UGH, another bodog update and bugs galore. This time it's screwed up huds again along with deleting player notes. With every passing update, it just becomes tougher and tougher to play poker here no matter how soft it is. Nobody cares about flames when you have a flush, lightning bolts when you have quads, or playing in some far away galaxy on the final table. The hand histories are still unreadable and the points program is a joke. I've been playing off and on here for around 7 years, and it's the same crap screwing up over and over again.