BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Fulltilt Rakeback - Deductions

Hi,

This is just an FYI for all Fulltilt players that are in a Rakeback program.

I was trying to verify the amount of rake I generated versus what I was paid (by Rakefreeze).

What was interesting is what is deducted, a couple of them I knew but the others I did not.

____
    Full Tilt deduct for a number of things from a player's rake before they calculate rakeback.

1) Bonus
    2) Deposit transaction fees (you should not withdraw and re-deposit unnecessarily)
    3) Some withdrawal fees ($11.75 for Cheques, $25-$28 for Cash PickUp)
    4) Items bought in the FT store (at $0.005 per point from your rake - or $0.00135 from your rakeback 27%)
    5) Any tournaments you enter where there is a guaranteed prize and there is a shortfall in players.
    ____

#4 and #5 are especially surprising to me.

Cheers.

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Yeah I can see 1-3, and MAYBE 4, but 5 is a little bit shifty when you think about the whole concept of a guaranteed tourney is an advertising or promotional technique to bring in more players, but them including it in the deductions seems to indicate they portray the guaranteed prizes as "doing the players a favor."

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Yep, they sure don't advertise that nor do they highlight how rake is affected when they have the 2xFTP "Happy Hours". What I am thinking is that they also deduct the promotional cash prizes like the take two and rush weeks.

Very cheap especially considering they just changed their rakeback calculation methods.