datek23
    datek23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any poker sites that are free?

I was wondering if there are poker sites just to play and learn and not complete for money. Is there any Poker sites out there?

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Almost every poker site has a "play money" section. It's a great way to learn how the software works. But be careful about taking your "play money" game to the real tables. People don't place value on their chips at the play tables.

You'll find that if you try to play correctly at the play tables, which means folding most hands, you'll find yourself the only one not in the hand. So, to have some fun, you'll start playing that way yourself. Remember that you're not playing real poker when you play every hand for a raise.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

some places like royalvegas.com will give you $10 free ...that would be the next step up from free,before risking any of your own money. They play a little better than play money but not much.....but quicklearner gives good adive regarding play money ...I should say they will make you deposit $10 if your lucky to run it up to 1k or something but i had no problems cashing out...good no risk way

gl

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

There are also tons of freerolls tournaments, which means you play for free, but there are cash prizes for the top finishers. I used to play these a lot before I started playing for real money. Great way to learn at no cost.

PokerRoomReview.com
    PokerRoomReview.com's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by datek23
    I was wondering if there are poker sites just to play and learn and not complete for money. Is there any Poker sites out there?
    Like QL was saying about the play on free money tables, it’s not a very good place to test your skills as people play very differently on free money tables than they do with their own money at risk.

Your best bet for testing your skills would probably be free rolls like slacker mentioned; the free rolls are free and have real money prizes.

Best of luck!

PokerRoomReview.com

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRoomReview.com
    Like QL was saying about the play on free money tables, it’s not a very good place to test your skills as people play very differently on free money tables than they do with their own money at risk.

Your best bet for testing your skills would probably be free rolls like slacker mentioned; the free rolls are free and have real money prizes.

Best of luck!

PokerRoomReview.com

poker stars would be a great place to start for touneys

GL

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by QuickLearner
    Almost every poker site has a "play money" section. It's a great way to learn how the software works. But be careful about taking your "play money" game to the real tables. People don't place value on their chips at the play tables.

You'll find that if you try to play correctly at the play tables, which means folding most hands, you'll find yourself the only one not in the hand. So, to have some fun, you'll start playing that way yourself. Remember that you're not playing real poker when you play every hand for a raise.
    This so true... you are better off putting (or taking, as alot of sites give you a little cash to start with) $10 bucks in an account and play .01/.02 to get the hang of it and without risking much... as someone else mentioned freerolls are another good option but take forever to win very little...

PokerRoomReview.com
    PokerRoomReview.com's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie
    This so true... you are better off putting (or taking, as alot of sites give you a little cash to start with) $10 bucks in an account and play .01/.02 to get the hang of it and without risking much... as someone else mentioned freerolls are another good option but take forever to win very little...
    That’s great advice.

Good Luck everyone.

rnc123
    rnc123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Free Poker sites!

Yes, there quite a few...Caribs ports, WWTS, Love My Poker, Pokeroom.com, all have free and real tables. You just have to open an account by signing up and you can play with play money until you're ready to graduate to the real thing. Take a look it's free!
    Last edited by rnc123; 03-18-06 at 12:26 AM.

bostonceltics13
    bostonceltics13's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had always played poker live at the tables in Vegas. When I moved from Vegas, I started online. I wasn't sure how it would be since I couldn't read a bluff without seeing their tells. I started at 888.com to get a hang of it. Free download and fun to play. Shop around before you pick a place to play for cash. I'm into tournaments, cash play is a different game. Hope this helps and good luck.