biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much time per week is too much

how many hours a week is too many to be playing poker online

i average 25-40 per week.........is that too many?

what do other people average?

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biggs when I play at Foxwoods I average around 12-15 hour sessions.

When I play online maybe about 6 hours on two computers at 2 different sites.

I might have a problem.
    As long as you are making money and/or atleast having fun, it's all good.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I was in school, I played hours comparable to what you do now. I play about 5-10 now, but should play more, as it is so profitable.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I average two 8 hours sessions on weekends, but I usually don't play during the week. BTW, these are live sessions not online.

biggs

does anyone do or know someone who does as much as 60 hours a week online? thats 10 hrs a day X 6 days a week...i could see myself doing that with the right setup

what sort of setup does one need to do this? any ideas?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can think of three offhand. That's all they do from the time they wake up until they go to bed.

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by biggs
    does anyone do or know someone who does as much as 60 hours a week online? thats 10 hrs a day X 6 days a week...i could see myself doing that with the right setup

what sort of setup does one need to do this? any ideas?
    I could do it for a week, but not week-after-week. I average 5-6 hours a day totalling 30-or-so hours a week when I'm actually playing. I also work on my game away from the tables at least 15-20 hours a week. I multi-table, so 10 hours a day would leave me drooling in my oatmeal.

As far as setup, A good computer with two 20" flat panels, and a really good quality office chair will work fine. If you have to scrimp, don't cheat on the chair.

biggs

Quote Originally Posted by QuickLearner
    I could do it for a week, but not week-after-week. I average 5-6 hours a day totalling 30-or-so hours a week when I'm actually playing. I also work on my game away from the tables at least 15-20 hours a week. I multi-table, so 10 hours a day would leave me drooling in my oatmeal.

As far as setup, A good computer with two 20" flat panels, and a really good quality office chair will work fine. If you have to scrimp, don't cheat on the chair.
    this sounds most realistic, 10 hrs a day wont last long or at least not for most

what do other full time playes average?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I did 40+ hour weeks for a while. But it's just insane for me to do that. I hate being glued to a computer like that. It was a phase, I guess. Lately, 1 minute per week of poker is too much.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

not poker but horses. do probably 6-7 hours a day betting and another 2-3 handicapping. Burns me out sometimes though- like um now.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'd like to know how much all of you guys are making? If you are
    afraid to mention dollar amounts, mention units or something.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Am I the only one with a real job? ... Sometimes it gets in the way ... hehe

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

I'm a full time student and I've played 60+ a week, I now average over 40 a week... just too many bonuses and too little time ;-) I also played in the 2-5 NL game at the MGM for like 2 months straight 8-10 hours a day, six days a week when I lived in Vegas....

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I'd like to know how much all of you guys are making? If you are
    afraid to mention dollar amounts, mention units or something.
    In limit games I average a profit of 2-3 big bets per 100 hands. In nl games I average 5-7 big blinds per 100 hands. In sit-and-go tourneys (all nl) I have a return on investment of about 18%. In multi-table tourneys I am a long term loser because I suck. I don't play them now because, as Bob Dylan said, "You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Quote Originally Posted by QuickLearner
    In limit games I average a profit of 2-3 big bets per 100 hands. In nl games I average 5-7 big blinds per 100 hands. In sit-and-go tourneys (all nl) I have a return on investment of about 18%. In multi-table tourneys I am a long term loser because I suck. I don't play them now because, as Bob Dylan said, "You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

MTT are also where you going to experience the highest variance in poker....