McFly
    McFly's Avatar Become A Pro!

sit n gos

I"m looking for the most profitable sit n go site. I'm in the $10-$30 buy in range. Looking for 6 man tables and full tables. In your opinion, where should I play to get the most out of my money?

Also, are there any of you that find sit n gos more profitable than cash games?

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had more success at Pokerstars SnGs that at the others, but I believe that it's all style-related. I like to play post-flop, so I seem to do better at places that have structures which reward skill in that area. I expect the Party structure to more closely fit me now. The old Party was a pushbot donkfest and I hated the variance. I'll be giving them a try again soon. You'll find the most profit where you fit most comfortably. For me it goes like this:

Stars
    UltimateBet (when they get the software fixed)
    Party (maybe...)
    Full Tilt
    Everywhere else is tied for last.

I don't find SnGs more profitable, but I really like playing in them. I should probably commit the time to becoming an expert. If I did I could see them becoming more profitable.

McFly
    McFly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quick - do you like full tables or short handed better? I agree on your list. The more starting chips the better and you need good blind structure too. That way you can "play" a little before it becomes an all in fest. Thanks for the response.

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the full tables. But then again, they all get down to 6 before too long...

I like the bigger prize pool.