mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any Poker Players?

Thinking of checking out Bodog Poker, anyone with any info and/or experiences? Gonna give it a try for fun and see.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry mad, i only play in live games.

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bodog has some very loose players. I at first thought this was good figuring I could make money off them but for some reason its not that easy. My experience was a ton of suck outs and just crazy play that annoyed the shit out of me.

Plus when you make a withdraw they do not take the money out of your account while the withdraw is being processed. So its hard not to be temped to play when the money sits 4 a few days.

This is just my experiences. For me i play alot now @ FullTilt the cash games are very slow and very tight players but i love the sit and go's and big tournys. Plus they have a nice bonus set up. I also ultimate bet for cash games but bonus is released slower then dirt.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    sorry mad, i only play in live games.
    Same here, I only play live games now.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have a couple friends who play a lot of online poker and they love Bodog. I have played a couple sessions and thought it was decent software and beatable players (lot of action).

Games are pretty loose, so be read for some big swings. Try to play in games were you have at least 100 big bets so you can ride them out a bit.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
    Bodog has some very loose players.
    what type of stakes do you feel the players are the loosest at though pete ? 1-2, 2-4,5-10 ?

Dave
    Dave's Avatar Become A Pro!

TruePoker.com has a lot of square poker players. The software is really made for a slower game and IMO the sharper players dont really care for it. But if you are a fish like me you have a fighting chance.
    Last edited by Dave; 03-03-06 at 02:35 PM.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The cheaper the limits the more loose, just like women in my opinion.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah it's a double edged sword playing loose players sometimes. On the one hand they will call over cards (pocket K's or better) with 9-4 o/s, no matter what the raise (within reason). On the other hand they can and will stick it in your ass when they flop/river three of a kind (4's).

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

I never played poker at bodog but my girlfriend plays the micro no limit games there (.1/.25) and loves it... I saw her get two all ins calls with AA preflop (against AJ and QQ) and saw her get paid off by pocket sevens after crippling the deck with quad aces on the flop last night... but she also just told me that she also got rivered with trips last night after getting called all in when a guy called with an under pocket pair (he had JJ with a Q on the board) and hit a inside straight on the river... so yea there are going to be huge swings against loose/fish players but if you can get your money in when you're the favorite your going to win at poker in the long run.... The important thing is you got to realize that no limit is a game about flops... trips, straights, and flushes are where you're going to make your money... thus, personally, I'll take loose games over tight games any day...

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

big boy what is funny is they are the most loose at the 5-10 nl which is their highest limit. The 2-4 was not too bad like the other guy said if u have enough to ride out the ups and downs. It was just to much up and down for me i would play for hours be up and down, never actually making money just getting back to even after one bad beat you know what i mean?

Like you said big boy i thought it was great at first to be called by shit cards with my big pocket pairs but too often they busted me. Plus when players are that loose it eliminates your chaces of bluffing either so you better bet with something good. That was another thing i hated was i bet with good high cards they call I dont pair and they bet like crazy cause they stayed in with crap and caught it.

QuickLearner
    QuickLearner's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had success at Bodog, but to tell you the truth I've cut my play there way back since their software upgrade. Multi-tabling is now almost impossible. That actually increases the amount you suffer from variance. Fewer hands per hour means you never get beyond the short-term. It can get ugly.

On the other hand, you can clear their bonuses by playing in sit-and-goes. I wish you could at Party.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for sharing and welcome to SBR QuickLearner.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bodog is about average as far as online pokerrooms go. There's plenty of fish, and the software is ok. If you're looking at Bodog, it's about as good as anywhere else, IMO. One nice thing about Bodog is you get double utility from your bankroll, if you bet sports on there at all.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like Paradise Poker. Bodog sucks to me. I don't like there
    software at all.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I like Paradise Poker. Bodog sucks to me. I don't like there
    software at all.
    Actually, I just checked out Bodog just now. I forgot that they changed their software. I've heard nothing but complaints. I hadn't played over there in 6 months. Now I see what all of the complaining is about. The new software is clunking and buggy. I tried to browse around, and see what tournaments were available, and the software kept refreshing, switching the order of the tables, so I couldn't even keep track of anything. I tried to join a table, and I kept getting kicked out for no apparent reason. I don't know what the problem is, but with so many other places to play poker, I won't be bothering with Bodog any time soon.

I don't get much poker playing in anymore, but Paradise is always a reliable option. They've had the same software interface for years, and I always know what to expect. The games flow nice, and I don't get funky wierd glitches like I always seem to get everywhere else.

If in doubt, just play at Paradise Poker.

biggs
    biggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

bodog is a good poker room. different strokes for different folks.

what sort of limits do you guys play?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

whatever.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    whatever.
    Uh, WTF Stevay... bumping 9 yr old poker threads?

Alissa must have shut you down, apparently, and you're goin a lil cray cray

Why not cash in some of your pts so you can go shopping and get a lil relief
    https://www.realdoll.com/
    pssst: Gummo swears the Asa Akira one is DA BOMB.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

More of a Bridget Powers fan myself

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    More of a Bridget Powers fan myself
    I happened to wander in to a Mass club on my way back from Foxwoods once and ran into one of her feature dancing gigs!

Personally, I wasn't all that impressed but dif'rent strokes and all!

Ya shoulda told me, I woulda got you her number! (Maybe you coulda took her bowling?)

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

They made me remove the blow up doll dom dungeon from the back yard. It upset an old person.

Whatever.