mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

She has a history of bad behavior in poker in regards to etiquette and angle shooting. Part of the reason Daniel dislikes her is because of this. Some examples include picking up someones mucked cards to see their hand, placing her bare feet on the table during play and treating anyone new to the tournament circuit before she was known extremely badly for no reason.

There is also the case of her defaming the winner of the Ante Up for Africa tournament saying that he was a f-u-c-k-i-n-g stiff (among other things) for not donating money to her charity. The player who won's wife had a miscarriage during that time so was delayed but demonstratively did donate the money (he provided proof). He did not however donate to Annie's Charity because he found out that it took 50%+ of the proceeds of every donation for the running of the charity itself. Of course Annie is conveniently involved in the process as a spokesperson so she wouldn't be getting as large a kickback. And anyone that knows a little bit about charitable foundations realizes that taking 50%+ of contributions for overhead is a warning sign for such a small organization and the behavior says a lot about the quality of the Charity itself. Considering all the facts she nor the organization she represents apologized for their behavior in the matter.

Then of course there is the UB cheating scandal and her constant minimization, blatant coercive behavior and all around we did nothing wrong/it's all in the past attitude even after new proof surfaced that this was not the case.

I never feel the need to call a woman a c-u-n-t because it is very derogatory but I would have no problem unleashing this explicative on Annie. She's trash plain and simple.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

negreanu is the best player on the planet.

beach nut
    beach nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Annie Duke is a oyster. Props to Daniel for speaking his mind.

andrew5
    andrew5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i heard that daniel caught her looking at another players cards

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i think daniel is a dick. they are all so obsessed with being on the camera.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

her nickname is annie puke for a reason

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Agree with all the anti-Anne comments. It takes balls to insist at the World Series of Poker that a player take off his vest because it bothers you. What makes me sick is they actually made him take it off!!? Others may be more familiar with the story but pretty sure the gist is correct. Anyway I knew a guy that dealt poker a few years ago, he said she is an absolute See ya next Tuesday if there ever was one. I agree.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

she has like 5 kids from 4 different guys

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

if she saw someone elses cards, that person was an amature and she would of probably beat them anyway. anyone who has played poker at a real table before knows its not easy seeing someone elses hand unless they make it obvious and practically flip the cards over

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    She has a history of bad behavior in poker in regards to etiquette and angle shooting. Part of the reason Daniel dislikes her is because of this. Some examples include picking up someones mucked cards to see their hand, placing her bare feet on the table during play and treating anyone new to the tournament circuit before she was known extremely badly for no reason.

There is also the case of her defaming the winner of the Ante Up for Africa tournament saying that he was a f-u-c-k-i-n-g stiff (among other things) for not donating money to her charity. The player who won's wife had a miscarriage during that time so was delayed but demonstratively did donate the money (he provided proof). He did not however donate to Annie's Charity because he found out that it took 50%+ of the proceeds of every donation for the running of the charity itself. Of course Annie is conveniently involved in the process as a spokesperson so she wouldn't be getting as large a kickback. And anyone that knows a little bit about charitable foundations realizes that taking 50%+ of contributions for overhead is a warning sign for such a small organization and the behavior says a lot about the quality of the Charity itself. Considering all the facts she nor the organization she represents apologized for their behavior in the matter.

Then of course there is the UB cheating scandal and her constant minimization, blatant coercive behavior and all around we did nothing wrong/it's all in the past attitude even after new proof surfaced that this was not the case.

I never feel the need to call a woman a c-u-n-t because it is very derogatory but I would have no problem unleashing this explicative on Annie. She's trash plain and simple.
    i think all this is the truth = 100%

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

haha. Annie Duke deserved it. GG Daniel!

FazzersGirl
    FazzersGirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    You only say that because of your vast experience in massage parlous.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

no clue what ur talking about

robert_wrath
    Update your status
    robert_wrath's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1359

Annie musta really got under Daniel's skin for outright calling her a oyster.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

$&^
    Last edited by daneblazer; 08-29-10 at 10:33 PM. Reason: blah

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

More importantly, did I read he was now dating Evelyn Ng? Very nice...........

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Danny is a nobody now
    Guy should shut the fuk up and try to win a poker tourney.

IrishTim
    IrishTim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

All of the TV players are overrated.

Congruency
    Congruency's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Danny is a nobody now Guy should shut the fuk up and try to win a poker tourney.
    he has, albeit in a small sample, been beating the high stakes cash games on Stars, considered to be one of the toughest games on the internet (just behind Full Tilt nosebleed games)

beating cash games is a better indication of skill than winning a tournament

not saying hes a favourite in those games (he probably isnt over the long term), but he has won i think over 200,000 in those games

what he said about annie is spot on...annie used to be a dick to him when DN was a nobody, and when he started winning everything in 2004 she wanted to be his friend lololol

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Daniel is on drugs and keeps dating/marrying Asian women cause his dick is so small those are the only oysters that make him feel like a man. The guy is/has always been a joke ... he takes so much pride in his "reading ability" but its worthless; not just on TV but its 400x worse outside of it. Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari (and Jen Tilly) play at my local poker room all the time and they say Daniel is nothing but a pompous prick who always goes bust in cash games and asks for loans from Hellmuth or one of the other big players.

I'm no Annie Duke fan but Daniel should realize that if he wasn't Canadian (with his own TV show and all this bullshit) he is nothing more than an average tournament player that is outstaying his welcome.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Annie Duke, I've never met her but she seems like a total bitch on tv. She's definitely not the best female poker player out there.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    All of the TV players are overrated.
    Not true imo. The players on High Stakes Poker, with the exception of morons like Jamie Gold and a few others, are excellent players.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No such thing as the best poker players

Throw approx 5000 players in the mix and pick any of the 5000

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

She reads FBI logs for reads on players. True Story. she is cool as heck and should have won Celebrity Apprentice but Rivers got the sympathy vote and I haven't watched it since.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Annie has never impressed me as a poker player. But I bet she's real good at washing dishes and ironing shirts.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Meh, all these guys are degenerates. I have played with all of them at one time or another either in L.A. or in Vegas. And trust me, dont believe the hype about any of them.

I remember Negraneau back when the Plaza first had its poker room when he was really young and he couldnt stack a hundred bux worth of chips. he was drunk all the time and basically a dick head to anyone and everyone. Then he got some connections somehow and steve wynn started bankrolling him, and that just made him a bigger ashole. Then poker stared to take off, and all the marketing geniuses reinvented all these guys. Irony is Phil helmuth used to be one of the nicer guys, but his image consultant or whatever told him the thing was poker needed a bad boy, and that is what you see now a days. So these guys are basically bad actors.

But honestly back before poker took off most of these guys were playing with 10-20K max in front of them. None of this made for TV bullshit where they are supposedly playing with 500K to 1 mil. The guys who sat down with that kind of cash before the poker boom were the legitimate rich guys that all these losers used to soak to try and make a living gambling.

Pretty amazing how poker players became almost over night icons when they used to be seen for exactly what they were, total lazy degenerates that couldnt hold a real job because they were either drug addicts, felons, or couldnt stay sober enough to put in a 5 day work week. Now they have book deals, TV spots, internet sites, sponsorships by some legitimate companies, and plastered all over TV on a half dozen channels.

In truth a vast majority of their income comes from sponsors and people paying them to do whatever sell out thing they want them to do. The money actually won playing poker, especially in live events is still next to nothing for most of these guys, and even the tourney innings, what little bit they actually get to keep after they pay their sponsors and fees and traveling expenses goes up in smoke pretty fast.

But as with everything else, if it is called 'reality' or deemed reality and its on TV is has to be exactly like it is on TV.

But all you need to know about these guys 'wealth' and ability' can easilly be put to the test when you sit down at a 3/5 no limit game in LA and you see half a dozen of these guys sitting around with some of the smallest stacks on the table taking shots at the rich guys, just like they always did. The lose their initial buy in and they jut leave. Seen that for the past 8-10 years out here and other than a little bit in 05 and 06 it never changed.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

thanks, that was a very interesting read. i never thought of it that way.

hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i used to think annie duke was hot when she first came on tv. i was way off.

PokerQ
    PokerQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1311

Daniel kidpoker Negreanu needs to learn to keep his obscene remarks to himself while Annie Duke herself should have talked it out with Daniel instead of trying to get Daniel fired at Pokerstars. Obscene remarks is just plain mean and cowardly, no respect at all.

PokerQ

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Meh, all these guys are degenerates. I have played with all of them at one time or another either in L.A. or in Vegas. And trust me, dont believe the hype about any of them.

I remember Negraneau back when the Plaza first had its poker room when he was really young and he couldnt stack a hundred bux worth of chips. he was drunk all the time and basically a dick head to anyone and everyone. Then he got some connections somehow and steve wynn started bankrolling him, and that just made him a bigger ashole. Then poker stared to take off, and all the marketing geniuses reinvented all these guys. Irony is Phil helmuth used to be one of the nicer guys, but his image consultant or whatever told him the thing was poker needed a bad boy, and that is what you see now a days. So these guys are basically bad actors.

But honestly back before poker took off most of these guys were playing with 10-20K max in front of them. None of this made for TV bullshit where they are supposedly playing with 500K to 1 mil. The guys who sat down with that kind of cash before the poker boom were the legitimate rich guys that all these losers used to soak to try and make a living gambling.

Pretty amazing how poker players became almost over night icons when they used to be seen for exactly what they were, total lazy degenerates that couldnt hold a real job because they were either drug addicts, felons, or couldnt stay sober enough to put in a 5 day work week. Now they have book deals, TV spots, internet sites, sponsorships by some legitimate companies, and plastered all over TV on a half dozen channels.

In truth a vast majority of their income comes from sponsors and people paying them to do whatever sell out thing they want them to do. The money actually won playing poker, especially in live events is still next to nothing for most of these guys, and even the tourney innings, what little bit they actually get to keep after they pay their sponsors and fees and traveling expenses goes up in smoke pretty fast.

But as with everything else, if it is called 'reality' or deemed reality and its on TV is has to be exactly like it is on TV.

But all you need to know about these guys 'wealth' and ability' can easilly be put to the test when you sit down at a 3/5 no limit game in LA and you see half a dozen of these guys sitting around with some of the smallest stacks on the table taking shots at the rich guys, just like they always did. The lose their initial buy in and they jut leave. Seen that for the past 8-10 years out here and other than a little bit in 05 and 06 it never changed.

An exact well-written statement. Nicely put.

PokerQ

Nicely put. However, obscene remarks are just plain mean and a cowardly way of act to follow. This still makes Daniel and all look like assholes for calling people bad words.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Wow, ty. That was

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well said, croupier.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If your not Asian or Indian decent (women) your a miserable moody bitch period I would only marry Asian or Indian, best women in world
    then then

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Congruency View Post
    annie used to be a dick to him when DN was a nobody, and when he started winning everything in 2004 she wanted to be his friend lololol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3sAFe1FCM

First 123 Last