swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Omaha H/L R& Free Roll

HI all,

Not really upto date on this game how it play out. I kow you can win with any good hands, But the Low is ( Ace, one,three, Four,seven.) if that is the lower of the hands showing. is that right? Need some feed back....

Thanks

Chris

swifty

I notice You cant use A,A for low only one you can use. I know the game now. just new to me...

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Not sure i understand your question.

The low hand is determined by the board. the board MUST contain minimum 3 cards under eight, hense the name 8 or better. heres an example, the board reads .................

A-9-5-Q-7... BEST LOW... 2-3 IN HAND
    10-Q-3-8-J..... THERE IS NO LOW HAND
    2-K-4-6-8......BEST LOW HAND A-3 IN HAND

A is used high& low....board.....2-3-10-9-8.YOUR HAND.....A-A-K-4..YOU GOT THE NUT LOW....YOU USE YOUR A-4 AS YOUR LOW AND AA IS YOUR HIGH HAND.UNLESS OF COURSE YOU HAVE A FLUSH.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 11-26-07 at 11:48 PM.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yup Al nailed it, basically you must have 5 cards under 8 including the board to make a low hand. So 3 low cards must be on the board. The Wheel(A,2,3,4,5) is the nut low.

The best starting hand statiscally in O8 is AA23 double suited.

If you are serious about learning split games I suggest reading Dave Sklansky's articles on scooping pots in split games. You can also buy a book on PokerStars by Ray Zee with your Fpp's.

swifty

Thanks for the info, here are some hands I had:

AA478K no low in this hand You need 5 cards to have a good low hand under 8

A2483 I might have the best low hand on the table by lucky.

If you have AA and now one bet you and no one has a low hand you win all the pot. I got how the game plays now.,

thank You

Chris

swifty

I play the freeroll on beted.com every hour. only one time I made the final table. the hourly game are only $25.00 top 18 tp 36 wins money. then I play the bogdog at 2:40 and 9:40 games. they pay out alot more then beted does.