bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tropical Poker Down for Maintenance

Just a heads up for those who play at Tropical Poker.

Tropical Poker Down for Maintenance

Players have reported the TropicalPoker website has been down for a while and wondered if it had gone offline. Tropical Poker management informed PokerRoomReview they are doing maintenance and data migration as the final stages of their upgrade and it has taken longer than anticipated. They expect to be back online soon, though no specific time frame was given.
    Here is the message I'm seeing on their website when typed it in:

Thank you for visiting our site. Our online services are currently unavailable as we are undergoing maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need immediate assistance, please contact support@tropicalpoker.com

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bigboydan

Heres an update on this story:

Tropical Poker Down for Maintenance Update

The TropicalPoker.com website is still down, so PokerRoomReview contacted management for an update. Here is what Tropical Poker had to say, “We have already addressed this issue, we are doing maintenance, which is the only logical step after such a big upgrade as we recently did. We are not out of business and if this indeed is taking longer than we expected, that I leave up to our ITs since experience tells me that they really know what they're doing, so rushing them would only have bad results. We appreciate our player´s patience and understanding an my initial words still stand, we will be back better than ever.”

bigboydan

The Tropical Poker website is still down, and here is one player’s comments regarding the situation:

“Just a little extra to add to the Tropical Poker discussion, it appears they are not allowing people to withdraw. I requested a $450 withdrawal on Sept 21 well before they went down for maintenance and they stated their processors were down and it would be a week but it never came. Then they went down and now they won't answer any of my emails about my withdrawal. I read on some other forums that others had withdrawals pending also. I don't see how they expect any of their regular players to come back when they won’t let them withdraw.”

Pokeraddict
    Pokeraddict's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I don't see how they expect any of their regular players to come back when they won’t let them withdraw.
    It's simple, they aren't coming back.

Tcob_crew1
    Tcob_crew1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tropical Poker

As you all are aware that Tropical poker is down. Its been down for over 2 months when the project was suppose to take 2-3 days. I requested a withdraw over 3 months ago now and still to this day they have my money. This has to be the worst site I ever been apart of. I am throughly disgusted how the lack of notice they gave us and not informing the players of this upgrade and maintenance work.
    Here is my thoughts. They put everyones money in the bank and collecting interest until the site is not broke anymore. I can't imagine this site ever coming back. If they can do this once, what makes you think they won't do this again. They have back up servers where they can still pay the players there money thats RIGHTFULLY theres but the site is broke. As a loyal player there, if the site comes back, I will take my money and NEVER EVER play on the site again. They have to be out of there minds to think people will come back to that site after not informing anyone of whats going on and basically stealing everyones money for months now. When you email them, there typical response was no the site isn't and will be back in a couple days. 5 times there kept saying it until I called there bluff and they simply said they have no idea. Now they dont even respond to any emails. This site is a complete joke that steals people money!!!!

bigboydan

Welcome to the SBR forum Tcob

Yes, This place has been an absolute nightmare as of late. My advice would be to write Mike at PRR an email in regards to your current situation.

Tcob_crew1
    Tcob_crew1's Avatar Become A Pro!

TP

notify mike from where? I am just speaking the truth they owe me over 1k and not a word on when or and never i will recieve it. They never notified anyone regarding this if they want to pull money out. This site is a con artist stealing peoples money. Plain and simply and its unfortunate we cant do anything about. If anyone believes they are coming back then smoke somemore crack. That is not happening

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Tcob_crew1 View Post
    notify mike from where?
    Mike from Pokerroomreview and share your story with him. Maybe he can call/write them to inquire on your behalf.

bigboydan

Tropical Poker has updated the message on their site, stating that they will be reopening in January 2008.

bigboydan

Tropical Poker Missing in Action and Presumed Asleep

In Costa Rica, where [iSBRFORUM]TropicalPoker.com[/iSBRFORUM] is located, ‘Tico Time’ is a popular expression. It simply means that if a Costa Rican makes an appointment, they may not show up when you expect them to. It could be tomorrow or the next day. Or it could be in two weeks. Maybe even a month. It is now apparent that Tropical Poker must be operating on ‘Tico Time.’ Around the end of October 2007 when they first went offline, they claimed they were doing maintenance and data migration, were in the final stages of their upgrade, and expected to be back online soon. Then in the beginning of December, a message appeared on their website informing players they would be re-opening in January 2008. Well, January has come and gone and not only are they still offline, they still have the January notice up on their site.

It would be nobody’s business but their own if the management of Tropical Poker chose to operate on ‘Tico Time’ or any other time of their choosing, except for one fact: They still owe players money. This is shameful, unfair, and inexcusable. Players who deposited on this site in good faith deserve far better treatment than this. PokerRoomReview urges the management of TP to come clean and open an honest dialogue with your depositors. If your intentions are honorable, let them be known. The players are entitled to know if you intend to live up to your obligations. Anything else is unacceptable.

bigboydan

I just read this updated report on Tropical Poker over at PokerRoomReview, and thought I'd update this thread in case anyone was curious about their current status.

Stick a Fork in Tropical Poker

When TropicalPoker.com went down in late October, 2007, management informed PokerRoomReview they were doing maintenance and data migration as the final stages of their upgrade and that it had taken longer than anticipated. Then in early December, they updated the message on their site, stating that they would be reopening in January 2008. January came and went and in early February, they posted another notice, this time saying they would be opening February 20th. Now that notice has disappeared and has been replaced by “We are currently offline for system upgrades. Please check back soon.”

All along, a number of industry insiders had told us that Tropical Poker had every intention of reopening, but at this point, it looks like this is another failed room that will leave without paying any player balances. They have not given anyone any indication to believe otherwise. It’s organizations like this that give the entire industry a black eye.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17651

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I just read this updated report on Tropical Poker over at PokerRoomReview, and thought I'd update this thread in case anyone was curious about their current status.
    Such bullshit. This occurence is way to often lately.

dough_monkey
    dough_monkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I guess it's official ... the Tropical Poker website is gone. Another unfortunate lesson I have learned, along with others. I guess I am fortunate that I only lost a little over $1,500 when the site closed down. Someone needs to track the owners down and keelhaul them. It may not get my money back, but I would love to watch them being waterboarded.