bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

DoylesRoom is accepting U.S. players again

In case anyone hasn't heard yet, I thought I'd let you know that DoylesRoom is once again accepting U.S. players.

Heres a live chat I just had with them moments ago:

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'JasonE'

JasonE: Hi, welcome to our poker room. How may I help you?

you: Hi, I was wondering if the rumors are true or not in regards to your company accetping U.S. players once again?

JasonE: started last night

you: do you offer Echecks as a funding option for U.S. players?

JasonE: nope

JasonE: epassporte

JasonE: **

JasonE: and soon **** and **

you: thanks for your help. cya

JasonE: my pleasure

bigboydan

Heres the report from pokerroomreview on this one:

Doyles Room Reopens to US Players 10/18/2007 07:16 AM
    DoylesRoom.com, the online poker site endorsed by ten-time World Series of Poker champion Doyle Brunson, announced today its return to the US market, beginning tomorrow. Being on the Microgaming network, all players are welcome except for residents of the 11 restricted states: Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, and Wisconsin. Players whose accounts were transferred to Full Tilt will once again have full access to their old accounts.

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

I am glad to hear this. Doyle's Room was one of my preferred poker sites!

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17891

Does anyone know if they have any bonuses or promotions for coming back with them?

bigboydan

I got the runaround at first, but apparently you have to send an Email to: VIP@dbpn.com to inquire for the re-up bonus offers. I'll shoot them an Email right now and see what they have to say fellas.

Anyways, heres a copy of the latest live chat transcript I had with them moments ago:

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Trish'

Trish: Hi

Trish: How may Ihelp?

you: Hi, I was wondering if you might have any re-up bonuses for U.S. considering coming back to play at your pokersite?

Trish: What is your user name please?

you: I don't have it handy right now, but why should that matter. Either you do or you don't.

Trish: It matters because if you are from one of the 12 states we are not taking players from, it won't do any good

Trish: and yes we will have special deals for our USA players who are not in those 12 states

you: Ok then I'm from California, so I can play at your site. So What are the bonuses

Trish: i don't have any specific bonuses right now

Trish: our VIP department is handling that

Trish: if you would like to send an email to VIP@dbpn.com and ask them, that's good

you: OK, That will work. Thank you for your time. cya

Trish: you're welcome

jolub
    jolub's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** 'em. They didn't want US players. Now, they can't survive without them. Them bastards can go to hell.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by jolub View Post
    **** 'em. They didn't want US players. Now, they can't survive without them. Them bastards can go to hell.
    I don't think that actually is the case at all. I feel it was more of a legal issue when they stepped out of the U.S. market. My guess is that they restructured there legality issues and stepped back into the U.S. market.

bigboydan

Ok fellas, Here is the Email I received back from this this morning in regards to the reup bonuses.

I'm not much for online poker myself, but thats a pretty nice bonus offer IMO.

To: BBD@SBRFORUM.COM
    Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 11:42 AM
    Subject: RE: Bonus offers for U.S. players

Hi Dan:

As we are just getting going again, we haven't established any actual reup bonuses, but if you are not from one of the 12 states we can not take players from, I will give you a match bonus up to $200 with a 2 times rollover manually.

Please let me know if you have an account with us already so I can confirm you are not in that group of states.

Kind regards,
    Trish Salaxton
    Director of Player Services
    The Doyle Brunson Poker Network
    UK: 08000-51-6737
    Intl: +506 253 3984
    USA: 888 762 4192 x 2052

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

When Doyles room closed,we couldnt get our money. It ended up being transferred to somewhere, I forget. But their customer service suked. They won't get any of my money back.

bigboydan

I can totally sympathize with your frustration bigdog3580, but again with what the DOJ was doing at the time I can completely understand why they left the U.S. at the time.