bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UltimateBet Spreads the Wealth with Bad Beat Jackpot Launch

How many of you guys are even playing at UltimateBet these days anyways?

UltimateBet Spreads the Wealth with Bad Beat Jackpot Launch

UltimateBet today announced the launch of The Ultimate Bad Beat Jackpot, a popular jackpot-based Texas Hold’em Poker game that turns losing hands into gold.

“We’ve taken the Bad Beat Jackpot concept and revolutionized it to spread the wealth to more poker players,” stated UltimateBet spokesperson George MacLean.

In a nutshell, Bad Beat Jackpot is just like traditional Texas Hold’em Poker with an added jackpot component. In addition to rake, $0.50 is collected from qualifying hands and placed into a constantly growing pot until someone hits the jackpot.

While Bad Beat Jackpot isn’t new to the online poker community, UltimateBet’s version promises to spread the wealth among more than just a single table of players.

Now, online poker players don’t have to be sitting at the table where the bad beat occurred to share in the prize money. That’s because all poker players seated at a Bad Beat table featuring the same limit and game type as where the bad beat occurred will walk away from their table with cash. For example, if the jackpot was hit at a 2/4 No Limit Hold’em poker table, all players playing 2/4 No Limit Hold’em Bad Beat Jackpot will share in the prize money.

When a poker player loses a hand with four 8s or anything better, 65% of the jackpot will be divided between Bad Beat Jackpot players (25% remains in the pot for the next jackpot and 10% is dedicated towards administrative fees).

Of the new value, the poker player who hit the Bad Beat Jackpot will immediately claim 50%. 25% will go to the winner of the hand and $1,000 will go to each poker player in the hand at the table where the bad beat occurred (if the amount is less than $1,000, the value will be divided evenly). The remaining money will be divided among the poker players seated at Bad Beat Jackpot tables with the same limit and game type.

UltimateBet’s Bad Beat Jackpot tables are categorized in red text in the game lobby. Full details on UltimateBet’s new Bad Beat Jackpot game can be found at ultimatebet.com.

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

I know there fun to have around, i know people like them, i know when jackpots get high it brings fish to the pond, i know its good for cardrooms in general.

The truth be told there not player friendly.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

another form of hidden rake (I think they left out of the article that they take a good percentage as admin fees when it gets hit) ... I doubt most players even realize how much an additional 50 cents per hand cost them in the long run... good for the house, bad for the players...

jolub
    jolub's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have given me a free $10.00 twice saying that I haven't been playing there much and they want me back and I must play to get to keep the ten bucks. So I did and lose the money both times. I just can't seem to win there. I've tried fixed limit, no limit, and pot limit. Next time I'm going with Sit&Goes.