msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 368

Global Poker confiscates funds due to 90 day inactivity

I knew this was a joke site.... Logged in for the first time in a while to see my balance at zero. Only had $50 in my balance, but it appears I could have had $1,000,000 and they still would have confiscated everything. Here's their reply to my inquiry over my missing balance:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting the Global Poker Support Team.

We understand that you are concerned about the Sweeps Coins that have recently been cleared from your account.

Please refer to our Sweeps Rules in regard to the expiration of unused Sweeps Coins from customer accounts:

"3.8 Sweeps Coins are only valid for ninety (90) days from the date a Participant last logged on to their Customer Account and will then automatically expire."

You can still receive free Sweeps Coins through any of our existing promotional Gold Coins offerings or by claiming your daily bonus from the "Get Coins" button in the game lobby.
    Kind regards,
    Phoebe
    Customer Support Team

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

That is an absolute joke. 90 fuggin days? Unreal

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

Try politely contacting support and ask if there's anything they can do. I swear I've seen this happen to someone on Reddit or Twitter or Twoplustwo. They asked nicely and support gave them the Sweeps Coins back as a 1 time courtesy

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

I caught wind of this little bit of their terms early on, probably from a forum, because who thoroughly reads all the terms? I know it's been there for years, but it's some shady bullshit. 90 freakin' days. As if they could have a practical reason beyond trying to rake up some extra cash

I agree with pokerdevil that you should at least take a shot at contacting support. They might give you the money back just to avoid a bit of negative PR and to keep you as a customer. But I'm betting any rich sucker who leaves 50k on Global for 3 months is shit out of luck

It's actually a small part of why I cashed out of Global myself. Had a pretty small balance, but I go long bouts without wanting to play poker and didn't want the obligation of keeping up with it and being forced to play once in a while. The policy being that you couldn't go 90 days without playing or they'd confiscate always left a bad taste in my mouth

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

Before you all criticize them. This isn't a traditional poker site. You didn't have $50 on the site, whether you like to think you did or not. Sweeps Coins don't have cash value until you redeem them. This is a sweepstakes site.

If you email them- they will re-instate your balance. They send emails letting you know you need to log in before the sweeps coins "expire".
    Points Awarded:

chico2663 gave Crusherrr 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

But isn't it sorta understood that the whole "sweeps coins" angle is just a legal work-around and nothing more? If you deposit $50 you can then withdraw $50, assuming they don't take it from you. That sure sounds like cash to me

I hope they reinstate his balance, but I just don't really see why you're defending a policy that seems pretty shady and meant to capitalize on everyone who doesn't closely read the terms. I've had money that I didn't check on for 90 days in tons of different areas, whether it was poker or crypto/investing or whatever, I never feared it would be stolen from me. If it was a year it'd be more understandable, 3 months just strikes me as unreasonable

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

I been collecting my $0.25-$1 everyday for the past two years from them with no issues at all for withdrawals. The site is awesome.
    Points Awarded:

fried cheese gave eddycash 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17128

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    I been collecting my $0.25-$1 everyday for the past two years from them with no issues at all for withdrawals. The site is awesome.
    ah didnt know they gave away free money on there without postcards. you can get 1 buck a day for signing into chumba too. it was the good old days when you could get 300 free at chumba for 5 postcards each month.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13767

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    But isn't it sorta understood that the whole "sweeps coins" angle is just a legal work-around and nothing more? If you deposit $50 you can then withdraw $50, assuming they don't take it from you. That sure sounds like cash to me

I hope they reinstate his balance, but I just don't really see why you're defending a policy that seems pretty shady and meant to capitalize on everyone who doesn't closely read the terms. I've had money that I didn't check on for 90 days in tons of different areas, whether it was poker or crypto/investing or whatever, I never feared it would be stolen from me. If it was a year it'd be more understandable, 3 months just strikes me as unreasonable
    Well, sure. But the whole work-around with it being a sweepstakes also requires that the money expire after a certain period of time. So it's less them being shady, and more them having to follow the sweepstakes guidelines/law in our country.

But once again, you don't deposit $50 like you're saying. There is no "deposit" button. You are buying gold coins. "Arcade Tokens" if you may, and with it, you are provided Sweeps Coins, which have value only when you redeem them.

Yes, they will re-instate his balance. But it may only be a one time goodwill gesture from them.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    ah didnt know they gave away free money on there without postcards. you can get 1 buck a day for signing into chumba too. it was the good old days when you could get 300 free at chumba for 5 postcards each month.
    wow chumba gives $1 everyday? thats really good. ill check them out thanks.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Wait. Sending a postcard? lol. I have young newphews that might be into this. Is sending the postcard the same as loggin in daily or extra "points"?