yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

agree turbo it the way to go,, goin to take to long,,,especialy players who take the full 20 second to fold

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If everyone who likes the SBR poker promos here could ask someone who does not play to give this promotion a try, it would really help in getting prizes to keep increasing. We really need to at least double regular player numbers before the end of this year when the 2022 poker budget is decided, if possible.
    Maybe instead of everyone can play 3 times a day make it so only ones playing on this promo for the first time can play 3 times a day. Give them some incentive. All old players can only play once.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Maybe instead of everyone can play 3 times a day make it so only ones playing on this promo for the first time can play 3 times a day. Give them some incentive. All old players can only play once.
    worst idea ive ever seen

i just wanted to quote this so i have reference as to how stupid you are

and no, i dont play 3x a day

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    The 3x a day kills it for most. I won't even bother playing (again) because I can't compete playing 1x a day.

If SBR wants more players, make them super turbo or super shallow stack. People just don't want to commit the time to play for a long time in a freeroll.
    yea 3x rewards those guys leading sbr poker leaderboard

how is this an incentive to get new people??????

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    yea 3x rewards those guys leading sbr poker leaderboard

how is this an incentive to get new people??????
    "hey come try this once or twice"

that guy will have no chance of qualifying due to the parameters because we have about 30 guys that will play every single tourney

how is this good to bring new people in?

you are offering a "rake race" instead of a "bad beat jackpot"

no new guy just signs up and starts grinding every single goddamn tourney

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26107

I agree with Rudy here, letting people play 3x per day isn't gonna encourage new players.

I think a Sunday Major tourney will attract new players, most people don't play everyday, maybe once or twice a week.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eSTOXX

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Interesting.
    I've got to make a mental note to get in a few of these.

Thanks SBR

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

I believe the new venue of tourneys is making it very interesting and shows SBR is shaking it up. I hope this generates more interest. The shorter tourneys certainly bring excitement to the tables. Being able to play numerous events daily should spark the poker engine for those able to participate in them. Great stuff SBR and thanks for keeping us interested.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Why was the triathlon for only 1 year?

Seemed like a great idea to get sports bettors here to play poker

maybe the pick6 contest can include poker

Genie is looking in to how to revive that sort of promo.

Tri-athlon and World Cup are both possibilities for the next one

The 3x a day kills it for most. I won't even bother playing (again) because I can't compete playing 1x a day.

If SBR wants more players, make them super turbo or super shallow stack. People just don't want to commit the time to play for a long time in a freeroll.
    The "Win & In" promo was hoping to attract more SBR members to download poker and give it a try, as they did not have to play a lot. Plus the series was more turbo as well. But it did not work at all in terms of doing that.

So we are trying the opposite this series and maybe more people will be interested without the 1 a day restriction.

Plus adding in the Deepstack that should address the concerns of those saying it is luck and not real poker with turbo settings.

Making it 60 qualifiers for the final is designed to appeal to people with your objection, there is going to be less than 30 people who will play all 3 tournies on any day right now. Leaving 30 spots for the rest of us. Plus the main increase in points prizes actually comes from the daily and round prize winners. The main final is mostly a way to give 30 people a nice chunk of poker points at the same time and having a busy day or two in ring games.

What we really need next is a better plan to get ring game activity moving. I will put a rake leaderboard suggestion to Genie but it will take more than just that I think.

Anyway, please help by trying to bring one new person this series. If we can achieve a noticeable increase in use, the next promo will be more generous, and next years plan will be a lot better than it might be otherwise.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16693

Anyway, please help by trying to bring one new person this series. If we can achieve a noticeable increase in use, the next promo will be more generous, and next years plan will be a lot better than it might be otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I brought someone in but almost got in trouble!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Anyway, please help by trying to bring one new person this series. If we can achieve a noticeable increase in use, the next promo will be more generous, and next years plan will be a lot better than it might be otherwise.

I brought someone in but almost got in trouble!
    "almost"

You're right though. That is a disincentive. I will bring up that angle next mod chat and make sure we all know to be very careful imagining friends are more than just friends too quickly.

Be like Frank. Bring a friend, or encourage another SBR member who doesn't play to give it a try this series.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Can I invite Boobywaves?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Can I invite Boobywaves?
    I would not mind if he was let back.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13510

So we are trying the opposite this series and maybe more people will be interested without the 1 a day restriction.

Plus adding in the Deepstack that should address the concerns of those saying it is luck and not real poker with turbo settings.
    More people will not be interested if it's deepstack. The initial interest may be there, but it will quickly fizzle out when people realize the time it takes. Rec players are more likely to try something if they have a better chance at winning. Shallower stacks, turbo structure, shorter play time/fewer hands makes it more likely they win than in a deeper format. More players would be willing to try if it was more luck based.

Rec players also would prefer 1 a day restriction versus unlimited. Look at the old WPT/WSOP events where pros could play one entry. You had lots of recreationals competing and winning because they were allowed 1 buy in. In today's online and live formats you get pros rebuying/re-entering infinite bullets. You get Final Tables that are all professional players.

Obviously we are talking about SBR freerolls here, but the point remains. If you want to appeal to more players, luck based, shorter stacks, one entry a day, is almost certainly more appealing.

I think even many of the good players would prefer a faster structure (in regards to SBR freerolls) just because it's less time they have to dedicate to playing.
    Last edited by Crusherrr; 07-09-21 at 08:54 AM.

RudyRuetigger

as they did not have to play a lot. Plus the series was more turbo as well. But it did not work at all in terms of doing that.
    Could be the time of year it was offered and that international posters are playing less

I think at the start of football season would be the best to have something like win and in since thats when more people are here?

also someone to promote it on free websites and forums

i agree that during summer is best to let everyone enter every tourney though but this lasts a bit into football so noone coming here for football will sign up to play

these tourneys should have like 200 signups per tourney....i remember playing in a few back in the day when i was broke on various poker sites

RudyRuetigger

if you are on the computer anyway, it is excellent value just to put a mini sbr table in the corner of the screen

Optional

More people will not be interested if it's deepstack. The initial interest may be there, but it will quickly fizzle out when people realize the time it takes. Rec players are more likely to try something if they have a better chance at winning. Shallower stacks, turbo structure, shorter play time/fewer hands makes it more likely they win than in a deeper format. More players would be willing to try if it was more luck based.

Rec players also would prefer 1 a day restriction versus unlimited. Look at the old WPT/WSOP events where pros could play one entry. You had lots of recreationals competing and winning because they were allowed 1 buy in. In today's online and live formats you get pros rebuying/re-entering infinite bullets. You get Final Tables that are all professional players.

Obviously we are talking about SBR freerolls here, but the point remains. If you want to appeal to more players, luck based, shorter stacks, one entry a day, is almost certainly more appealing.

I think even many of the good players would prefer a faster structure (in regards to SBR freerolls) just because it's less time they have to dedicate to playing.
    I was a bit worried about the finish time for the Deepstack round. But the test tourney I watched yesterday worked pretty well. Obv slower but it was into the 100+ point prizes before 1hr20min and over after 1hr50min.

Couple of people said that the 10 handed tables made it was easier for people who are doing something else at the same time. So they will play more this series.

Seemed to work better than hoped I thought.

Have a practice round today, I don't think the DS needs to be changed, but it if it did, it has to happen before Monday.

RudyRuetigger

not that it matters, but in my opinion id cut one of the three series but leave max entries per day

then you are finished when football starts to create a new tourney with sports and poker combo...(best chance at new signups)

obviously prizes would have to be cut as well

RudyRuetigger

In the past, BTP had a tourney once per week on the weekend but was just extra

Id say just include that poker once a week in the contest

plus, you will also get to weed out alot of ghosts EASILY

while i trust sbr's ghost detection....anyone can still play at their house, go visit grandma and enter more picks there

if there was a poker tourney included....you can only be at one place

then it will be easier to catch someone multi-accounting when their first and second accounts arent doing well so they start playing poker at the other house

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You need to change the time limits for the 3,000 deepstack. The first 45 minutes nothing happens as the blinds are so small.

RudyRuetigger

You need to change the time limits for the 3,000 deepstack. The first 45 minutes nothing happens as the blinds are so small.
    thats when 5 guys around here think "poker" is being played

the time limits should go up as blinds go up

only bad beats and losers get knocked out early

RudyRuetigger

hey opti, hire me as the promo guy and the ghost hunter for poker

i will increase play there 100% minimum

you cant just go to a community and spam sbrpoker........ill need to form bonds/attention with people at these other sites

I CAN DO IT

Optional

In the past, BTP had a tourney once per week on the weekend but was just extra

Id say just include that poker once a week in the contest

plus, you will also get to weed out alot of ghosts EASILY

while i trust sbr's ghost detection....anyone can still play at their house, go visit grandma and enter more picks there

if there was a poker tourney included....you can only be at one place

then it will be easier to catch someone multi-accounting when their first and second accounts arent doing well so they start playing poker at the other house

We can't have it both ways, if the benefits are good, someone will try to take advantage.

Let's focus on getting more people before we get too sus of everyone.

Want to be welcoming and not drive people away. It's fine to shame a cheater, but the problem is all the other potential new players see the negativity and are less inclined to join.

Isn't that how it is with every real Deep Stack tourney?

But what would you suggest exactly?

hey opti, hire me as the promo guy and the ghost hunter for poker

i will increase play there 100% minimum

you cant just go to a community and spam sbrpoker........ill need to form bonds/attention with people at these other sites

I CAN DO IT
    I would get laughed at suggesting hires

But I'd second the idea of paying you for some promotion help around forumville or social media if you can get Genie to put it forward to management.

BTW, Genie has a really really cool weekend promo already approved. Once she has the weird config needed all worked out she will announce it.

Should make the weekends way more interesting and get a lot of new downloads to try it I think. And would be a handy thing to be able to promote for you. So prob a good time to be asking this. She is away on leave for a few days btw.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

For the deepstack either start with less chips or reduce the time intervals for the blinds. Current format is around 90 minutes to get to the final table and then another 30 min to finish.

RudyRuetigger

For the deepstack either start with less chips or reduce the time intervals for the blinds. Current format is around 90 minutes to get to the final table and then another 30 min to finish.
    anyone that wants to play deepstack already plays every single possible tourney

that should be their advantage

RudyRuetigger

like trivia, there should be a popup saying poker tourney starts in 30minutes

thatll get these lazy asses to sign up

hell i was here the whole damn day from 2pm and didnt signup for the 2pm

RudyRuetigger

I would get laughed at suggesting hires

But I'd second the idea of paying you for some promotion help around forumville or social media if you can get Genie to put it forward to management.

Id do it

with money earned per new signups

not on august 25th and the tourney starts sept 1

id need to join forums and create a REPERTIORE''

August 1st start..........tell me previous analytics, let me help poker this time with new signups....i get paid based on that IN POINTS

RudyRuetigger

guys are playing as if it is life or death and there is no big tourney to qualify for

might as well just cancel final tourneys and leave only daily payouts

save the big prizes for sbr christmas party

RudyRuetigger

I made a thread on this

deepstack doesnt mean there is more play at the end of the tourney

there is only more time wasted til it gets to push/fold

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26107

I think you should just forget about the final tourney (which is a crap shoot anyway) and have a Sunday guaranteed tournament with a prize pool of 10K points (every Sunday, SBR's version of Pokerstar Sunday million) with 100 point buy in for non pros and free entry for SBR pros, with single re-entry for 100 points. The actual cost for SBR will be less than 10K because some non pros will enter and lot of pros knocked out early will re-enter. I think this will attract new players.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Enkhbat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional

like trivia, there should be a popup saying poker tourney starts in 30minutes

thatll get these lazy asses to sign up

hell i was here the whole damn day from 2pm and didnt signup for the 2pm
    I'll bring this idea up

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    I think you should just forget about the final tourney (which is a crap shoot anyway) and have a Sunday guaranteed tournament with a prize pool of 10K points (every Sunday, SBR's version of Pokerstar Sunday million) with 100 point buy in for non pros and free entry for SBR pros, with single re-entry for 100 points. The actual cost for SBR will be less than 10K because some non pros will enter and lot of pros knocked out early will re-enter. I think this will attract new players.
    Not a bad idea.
    But during NFL games?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

too long played last night for 15 mins was brutal at least the no shows were kicked out

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    I like the idea.
    Not a bad idea.
    But during NFL games?
    Most of us are watching games all day on an NFL Sunday anyhow.

The BTP poker tournaments used to be on NCAA Football Saturday mornings and attracted big fields week in and week out.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

how does sbr make any money off poker anyways, giving away daily 12 points and giving away poker points that turn into betpoints, how does sbr make money in general giving it all away in contest and stuff

not that i care

First 1234 Last