Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Anybody here make a living playing Online Poker (hold'em/ Omaha) ?

I think it is possible... I used to hate it (due to a lot of bad beats in Omaha)...but now I seriously think it is possible to make a living playing Online poker for hours....and sometimes you do not even need to risk money...
    Any thoughts/negative/positive?
    #

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

yes if u can wake up and its 2010

all pros now online your all transferring your money back and forth and paying rake while doing so. Whoever has the biggest RB kickback will make a bit of profit. Poker is dead mate.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post

all pros now online your all transferring your money back and forth and paying rake while doing so. Whoever has the biggest RB kickback will make a bit of profit. Poker is dead mate.
    I mean it's not dead, but it's not worthwhile.

I could probably still make $30-$40 an hour grinding cash all day but that's miserable.

Moved on to way better things several years ago and never looked back. I play for fun now.

Back in the day you barely needed to study. Now you need to put in a lot of work to even be profitable. Just not worth it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nope

It basically comes to eight dollars an hour if you’re really really good

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

I used to grind mtts for hard for a couple years after Black Friday already happened and while you can definitely make money it’s simply not fun. You got to be willing to play 5 to 6 days a week and play 8 to 12 hours a day at your computer. Still bad players around but not as many as there used to be. I recommend playing on Global Poker and Bovada. Players on there are the easiest for any US player and most non US players can’t play there so there’s not as many grinders and sharks.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I mean it's not dead, but it's not worthwhile.

I could probably still make $30-$40 an hour grinding cash all day but that's miserable.

Moved on to way better things several years ago and never looked back. I play for fun now.

Back in the day you barely needed to study. Now you need to put in a lot of work to even be profitable. Just not worth it.
    is there anywhere to find 10/20 PLO Omaha anymore?. I've tried nitrogen a couple times but not enough action on there.

jjgold

Better off dealing

Approx $80 per hr low level
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

I play on Pokerstars i get 2x rakeback in the form of Sports Bets also theres a lot of tournaments that have 1-2k layovers during big tournament series. I would look to play these for max EV. A decent player will make about %10-%20 ROI per $1 in buyin so to make a $100 per day youd have to play about $1000 in buyins just a general calculation.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

is there anywhere to find 10/20 PLO Omaha anymore?. I've tried nitrogen a couple times but not enough action on there.
    The best games for cash are mostly on the apps nowadays. Although those have died out in 2021 quite a bit. 2020 you could find some AMAZING 4/8 NL+ and 10/20 PLO+ with rakeback deals upwards of 70%+. The reason the games were so great was because they were Min/ VPIP tables with antes. I've played 35%+ NL games and 45%+ PLO games although in some instances you'd find PLO games with higher VPIP requirements.

If you didn't meet the hand requirements you were booted from the table for a period of time. Apps like Pokerbros were fun, interactive, and lots of action. While the 70% RB sounds great, unfortunately the rake was up to $20. Some unions even had it uncapped rake I believe.

Depending on the club/union you were in they'd take no rake and winners would pay fees upon cash out. There were lots of differences in the clubs so you could find one that fit your needs and roll with it. I was involved with backing a few players but never really played much.

I've mostly been out of the game now for a while and will just fire a few WSOP events each year and be happy. Even if my state were to launch online I still probably wouldn't play much because it's just not worth my time nowadays. I'd be a fish in just about any mid/high stake game online now as I'm out of practice with all the software, solvers, etc that players use.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Better off dealing

Dealers don't make that much money, big guy

Lowly Oaftard
    Lowly Oaftard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

I've played over 80 million hands of poker online. It's definitely possible - if you can beat THE RIG.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Oaftard View Post
    I've played over 80 million hands of poker online. It's definitely possible - if you can beat THE RIG.
    WOW

DO TELL

shift alt space space esc

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

Dealers don't make that much money, big guy
    Maybe not that much but low limit games are where the most money is

Recreational players tip much more than professionals

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Better off dealing

dealing what???

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

oafer give us the cheat codes

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

back then multi tabling 20 low level sng's was very profitable. I had it down to a science

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

It is easier to invest in shitcoins.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    It is easier to invest in shitcoins.
    If you say so you-lying-batter...

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Better chance at sports

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Saw an episode of “Almost Got Away With It” a long time ago and the dude bounced down to Mexico and was killing it from online poker. Dumb ass ended up doing something else though and got popped. That opened y eyes though. If that murderous fukk could smash on some online poker I could make some $ doing sports betting.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

The online climate hasn't been the same since the infamous "Black Friday" and Corona made it even worse.

Very difficult. Live games still best option, though many places are 6-7 handed as opposed to 9 handed because of the virus.

Poker keeps getting fukked in the butt.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Better chance at sports
    for 95% yes

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Maybe not that much but low limit games are where the most money is

Recreational players tip much more than professionals
    Tip.... Don't eat yellow snow.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Better chance at sports
    Let me speak Morino for you: "less variance"

mem5757
    mem5757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

back in the day they used to say poker was a hard way to make an easy living, its even more true now.

if you are good looking and can talk in front of a camera you can parlay poker into a social media career, supplementing income by selling merch, doing meetup games etc. but if youre just a fat slob playing in your basement youre gonna be doing a lotta work for not a lot of money.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    I play on Pokerstars i get 2x rakeback in the form of Sports Bets also theres a lot of tournaments that have 1-2k layovers during big tournament series. I would look to play these for max EV. A decent player will make about %10-%20 ROI per $1 in buyin so to make a $100 per day youd have to play about $1000 in buyins just a general calculation.
    PokerStars Stinks! Smells Rotten!

PartyPoker