Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3470

Nitrogen poker "random" investigation

19 days ago, my Nitrogen poker account was temporarily disabled. At the time, their security team told me that this was a random security check and that it shouldn't take longer than 1 day to complete. Since then, I've checked in every few days and have received the same basically canned response that the security team is working on this and they could not provide an estimated date of completion. Today, I receive a response of:
    Our team is performing an investigation on general poker behavior which my be affecting a large portion of the user base. As stated, unfortunately I cannot provide a timeline as this is being handled within our security department, however, your cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated regarding this matter.
    Have any other Nitrogen poker players on here been affected by this? Has the volume on tables/freerolls for the past 2+ weeks been that same as it was prior to then?
    Last edited by Colonist; 05-24-21 at 08:11 AM.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

I can not speak to this specific as I have not used Nitro much at all since they changed their software and increased juice BUT when I was using heavy this happened to me it took about 3 days only though and then I was credited funds due to other players fraud IE collusion. Nitro IMO has really gone down hill and seems to have no interest in getting back to level they where 3-5 years ago. File a compliant with SBR as 19 days is way to long esp with bitcoin so volitale of late

Add on: Also the sister site may have something to do with the increase in fraud at the poker tables do you have account with them too?

Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I can not speak to this specific as I have not used Nitro much at all since they changed their software and increased juice BUT when I was using heavy this happened to me it took about 3 days only though and then I was credited funds due to other players fraud IE collusion. Nitro IMO has really gone down hill and seems to have no interest in getting back to level they where 3-5 years ago. File a compliant with SBR as 19 days is way to long esp with bitcoin so volitale of late

Add on: Also the sister site may have something to do with the increase in fraud at the poker tables do you have account with them too?
    Hey Kona, no, I don't have an account with their sister site. I've had my one and only Nitro account practically since they began business many years ago. I know that I've never done anything wrong in terms of violating any of their or anyone's poker rules. I just hope that this isn't a witch hunt on their part that will result in them inventing a reason to take funds from me.

I've already lost a ton of money due to BTC volatility but I can't hold them responsible for that. Everyone tells me to trust their process but 19 days is way too long for an innocent person to have to wait for something like this. Perhaps Optional can comment if this is worthy of a complaint?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9237

Quote Originally Posted by Colonist View Post

Hey Kona, no, I don't have an account with their sister site. I've had my one and only Nitro account practically since they began business many years ago. I know that I've never done anything wrong in terms of violating any of their or anyone's poker rules. I just hope that this isn't a witch hunt on their part that will result in them inventing a reason to take funds from me.

I've already lost a ton of money due to BTC volatility but I can't hold them responsible for that. Everyone tells me to trust their process but 19 days is way too long for an innocent person to have to wait for something like this. Perhaps Optional can comment if this is worthy of a complaint?
    You're welcome to submit a complaint and we can ask. But if Nitro are telling you to keep waiting for an investigation, 99% sure they will just say the same to us. There may be a lot of people who need to be looked at, or a key person they need ID from is dragging feet maybe. They won't just "forget" about you.

Most of the time we have seen threads like this in the past, the experience is like Kona described.

snider
    snider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just don't play poker there. They obviously know cheating is rampant

Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're welcome to submit a complaint and we can ask. But if Nitro are telling you to keep waiting for an investigation, 99% sure they will just say the same to us. There may be a lot of people who need to be looked at, or a key person they need ID from is dragging feet maybe. They won't just "forget" about you.

Most of the time we have seen threads like this in the past, the experience is like Kona described.

Ok. I guess I have no choice but to sit tight and wait this out. Thanks.

Optional

Ok. I guess I have no choice but to sit tight and wait this out. Thanks.
    PM me your account ID there and I can send a quick message asking why it's taking so long if you like.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3503

This happened to me a few years ago but the "investigation" only lasted a day. I played mostly tourneys and nosebleed heads up PLO.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Here is an old example of the poker collusion @ Nitrogen

https://nitrogensports.eu/hand-repla...rna66dQYJgf0SY

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

All the sites collude. Well, it's complicated. If you pay attention though, yes, a lot of it is orchestrated.

Colonist

That's pretty bad

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

There's collusion in every online poker room. It's nice that some sites try to curb the collusion.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its why you never play online poker

70'sMan
    70'sMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6722

Its not just online. A bit harder but collusion at the poker table takes place everywhere.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Quote Originally Posted by 70'sMan View Post
    Its not just online. A bit harder but collusion at the poker table takes place everywhere.
    Reminds me when I faced this "ringer" once. I was about to leave, put I played 1 last hand (player just joined the table). I knew my AKo was good on this dead board, but I gave him the $75-$150 pot or whatever it was and left a winner. We kinda smiled/chuckled, knowing my time was up and now it was "his turn" to be the shepard lol.

Such a small world it's scary. I love moments like that though, where you can analyze the situation forever, and come up with more scenarios and possibilities; despite knowing/realizing more than you care to understand.

Colonist

I wanted to come back to this thread to update that today, Nitrogen wrote me a detailed letter explaining the long review and also to confirm that they cleared me of any wrongdoing. They had noticed that an unusually large number of poker players had returned after a long absence from the site. I had taken an absence from the site for about a year, so I fell under that umbrella of players. They feared that accounts had been compromised and security protocols were triggered. They apologized to me and showed appreciation for my business going back many years.

Thanks to Optional and all of the posters who helped with information that they provided about Nitro. Most of your posts confirmed that Nitrogen will do the right thing in the end and they have.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Nitro a legit book it happened to me too before. I'd rather have them do that than nothing at all.

Optional

I wanted to come back to this thread to update that today, Nitrogen wrote me a detailed letter explaining the long review and also to confirm that they cleared me of any wrongdoing. They had noticed that an unusually large number of poker players had returned after a long absence from the site. I had taken an absence from the site for about a year, so I fell under that umbrella of players. They feared that accounts had been compromised and security protocols were triggered. They apologized to me and showed appreciation for my business going back many years.

Thanks to Optional and all of the posters who helped with information that they provided about Nitro. Most of your posts confirmed that Nitrogen will do the right thing in the end and they have.
    Good to hear. and thanks for updating the thread