• shorter than 8 mins 5-6 mins

21 63.64%
  • Longer than 8 mins 10-12 mins.

3 9.09%
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by silvap View Post
    Probably unpopular opinion but having played all five tournaments today the level change to 6 mins is a disaster. This is the best poker promo sbr has had in years, why take away so much playability in the last week? It becomes an all in fest with 30 players left
    Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Its better because it's over within 75 minutes. Tournaments are too long as it is because of the greater turnout due to this promotion. However this could be the beginning of "Slot Tournament" approach taken by the players. Additional changes may be needed to address that issue.
    I agree that it made it a bit more of a shove fest, all the way through to the end, than I had expected.

Any more feedback?

Maybe try 7 minutes.

Daniel Espinosa
    Daniel Espinosa's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 34193

I played yesterday and didnt even notice the change until I just saw this. I like it.

CantFeelMyFace
    CantFeelMyFace's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I agree that it made it a bit more of a shove fest, all the way through to the end, than I had expected.

I've played thousands of hours of poker in my time live and online. It's much better to keep it at 8. I already knew it would be a disaster to change it to 6. 8 was still short but it's at least playable. I don't get why you changed it because one guy who really doesn't even understand poker theory or structures of a tournament and the effects of short blind levels asked you to change it. Change it back to 8.

Any more feedback?

Maybe try 7 minutes.

I've played thousands of hours of poker in my time live and online. It's much better to keep it at 8. I already knew it would be a disaster to change it to 6. 8 was still short but it's at least playable. I don't get why you changed it because one guy who really doesn't even understand poker theory or structures of a tournament and the effects of short blind levels asked you to change it. The final table becomes a joke. It's literally shove or fold. There is no other correct option. Change it back to 8.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: silvap, and boscokid

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    I've played thousands of hours of poker in my time live and online. It's much better to keep it at 8. I already knew it would be a disaster to change it to 6. 8 was still short but it's at least playable. I don't get why you changed it because one guy who really doesn't even understand poker theory or structures of a tournament and the effects of short blind levels asked you to change it. The final table becomes a joke. It's literally shove or fold. There is no other correct option. Change it back to 8.
    Its still playable. If it wasn't why would you even bother to play? Most people on here don't offer suggestions. I offered a suggestion and more people than not voted to change it. You just don't want it change because the other structure favors better players where there is less risk involved. The final table was already basically a shove or fold situation anyway unless you were one of the bigger stacks.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

This new format is kicking my butt. I don't think Ive lasted longer than 30 minutes yet.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Laughable structure; not surprising the lesser skilled players want a push/fold fest.

Why not just let SBR Genie pick 5 random players from each tourney. That would really save time!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: silvap

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Guys retired under 30 years of age. Why even play sbr poker?

Gotta be better options cash wise to play

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Guys retired under 30 years of age. Why even play sbr poker?

Gotta be better options cash wise to play
    I'm bored and don't do a whole lot outside of playing poker and watching sports. All my money is invested still basically so I rather keep it like that with higher gains than use some of it to play for real money on a site. I used to play for real money as a pretty hardcore mtt grinder but got burned out so I only play for fun now.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    I'm bored and don't do a whole lot outside of playing poker and watching sports. All my money is invested still basically so I rather keep it like that with higher gains than use some of it to play for real money on a site. I used to play for real money as a pretty hardcore mtt grinder but got burned out so I only play for fun now.
    Fair enough

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i think for this promo 5 tournies a day the reduced blind levels are ok, but when it goes back to regular 1 tourny a day better for the 8 min blinds

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i think for this promo 5 tournies a day the reduced blind levels are ok, but when it goes back to regular 1 tourny a day better for the 8 min blinds
    Yea this makes sense.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

blinds are 7 mins long today

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

what will the blinds be tommorow

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Keep it at 7 permanently. Good number to stay at.

CantFeelMyFace

Good enough compromise. Appreciate the 5 tournaments a day SBR.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

7 minute blind levels seems like the sweet spot.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Either way !! Just keep them coming!!

Optional

We'll leave it at 7 mins until the end of this month.

Next month we go back to one tourney per day each.

Leave feedback here as to your preference between 7 min or 8 min and we'll make a decision before day one of the next promo.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    We'll leave it at 7 mins until the end of this month.

Next month we go back to one tourney per day each.

Leave feedback here as to your preference between 7 min or 8 min and we'll make a decision before day one of the next promo.
    if it's only 1 tourny a day might as well stick with 8 mins, do u think the time thing will be fixed by april promo, not that i care but it must be fixable cuz wasn't a issue last year or 2019

CantFeelMyFace

It would be nice if we could get 2 tournaments a day regularly. Maybe one at 2 ET and one at 8 ET. Im sure lots of people miss out when theres only 1 a day and they aren't available at that time.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CantFeelMyFace View Post
    It would be nice if we could get 2 tournaments a day regularly. Maybe one at 2 ET and one at 8 ET. Im sure lots of people miss out when theres only 1 a day and they aren't available at that time.
    He means we go back to being able to play only one tournament a day but you can choose which one of the three tournaments that will run each day. 2 pm, 5 pm, or 8 pm.

CantFeelMyFace

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    He means we go back to being able to play only one tournament a day but you can choose which one of the three tournaments that will run each day. 2 pm, 5 pm, or 8 pm.
    Oh okay I see, my mistake. That's great then.

Optional

For discussion...

7 mins + 1800 to 2000 size starting stack
    8 mins + 1000 to 1200 size starting stack

silvap
    silvap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15579

I always prefer longer levels but with those options i'd vote for the 7 mins with 2k stacks for sure

CantFeelMyFace

Quote Originally Posted by silvap View Post
    I always prefer longer levels but with those options i'd vote for the 7 mins with 2k stacks for sure
    This.

First 123