hunterwrot
    hunterwrot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

multi table slump

I keep making it deep in these multi table tourneys and going out before the money gets nice. I am cashing in 1 out of 3 right now with atleast two cashes a night but i cant seem to close. I feel i am playing solid poker. My account is going up slowly but i am not concerned about 80 dollar cashes. I CAN NOT CLOSE. Any ideas to fix this? Thanks

hunterwrot

as i was writing this my pocket kings lost to ak all in preflop with 150 players left out of 2200. ahh

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Just keep playing well and the big cash coming soon.

justaguy
    justaguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Variance in MTTs is brutal. You can be a six figure a year winner and easily have several losing months in a row. If you are playing good things will turn around. I would recommend playing some SNGs or cash on the side so it doesn't drive you nuts.

Oh...and play MTTs to win. Cashing is pretty insignificant considering they are all top heavy in payouts. If you bubble a few so be it.

hunterwrot

yea i always play to win. Just got 9th in a 180 player tourney. Dude called my all in with queen seven and beat my jacks

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

How big is your sample size? Don't talk about ROI unless you have 1000 under your belt at a minimum.

Phightin' Phils
    Phightin' Phils's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive had the same problem a few times in the past where i play the whole tourny well but just cant close.. might be due to variance, might be due to you subconsciously playing tighter to make a few more bucks. like someone above me said you just gotta play to win it, forget about making 50 or 100 dollars more and over time itll all come together and youll start FTing a lot more often. gl

doublea180
    doublea180's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

If I had a nickel for everytime I lost an all in on the river... You could make all the right calls and play them like a champ, but get screwed by dumb luck. Don't worry about it and keep playing your game.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Make sure you aren't playing too tight if the blinds are high in relation to the stacks. Even if people are drawing out on you to eliminate you from the tournament, you (obviously) had lower chip stacks than them. If you're only waiting for premium hands to push with when the stacks get short then you may be getting blinded down so low that you don't have much of a chance to win anyway.

Just something to keep in mind.

neville sinclair
    neville sinclair's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try getting your money in bad. Works well for me.

poker_dummy101
    poker_dummy101's Avatar Become A Pro!

just keep grinding

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by neville sinclair View Post
    Try getting your money in bad. Works well for me.
    This seems to work pretty damn well for people on Stars

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Maybe try to switch up the game. If you normally play holdem, why not try omaha8. Get good at both and you can switch back and forth to keep it interesting.