1. #1
    Miklos
    Miklos's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-02-06
    Posts: 659
    Betpoints: 21749

    Bad beat

    I have a good bad beat to share from yesterday 3pm Tourney on SBR.With 4 players remaining I make a 2.5 BB raise on the button with pocket aces & Slikec pushes all-in with pocket 55's(and has me covered) & I call for a 22k plus pot.I am feeling pretty good on the flop when AQ4 rainbow hits the board,but now become a little nervous when a 2 hits on the turn & then a 3 falls on the river to give him the pot and bust me out of the Tourney---OUCHHHH!!!

    When I looked up the odds on my poker calculator,I discover:

    Preflop---80.68% to win with my starting hand

    post-flop----98.28% to win (ouchhh)

    Turn--------90.91% to win

    Congrats to Slikec for pulling that Rabbit out of his hat----Hope you went on to win tourney!

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  2. #2
    franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-06-11
    Posts: 4,540
    Betpoints: 2698

    Thanks for sharing an actual bad beat story. Get em today.
    Points Awarded:

    JoeCool20 gave franklee168 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/08/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  3. #3
    boscokid
    Standings por favor?
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-03-10
    Posts: 1,006
    Betpoints: 12

    fold flop
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/12/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  4. #4
    JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-18
    Posts: 4,220
    Betpoints: 37

    Quote Originally Posted by Miklos View Post
    I have a good bad beat to share from yesterday 3pm Tourney on SBR.With 4 players remaining I make a 2.5 BB raise on the button with pocket aces & Slikec pushes all-in with pocket 55's(and has me covered) & I call for a 22k plus pot.I am feeling pretty good on the flop when AQ4 rainbow hits the board,but now become a little nervous when a 2 hits on the turn & then a 3 falls on the river to give him the pot and bust me out of the Tourney---OUCHHHH!!!

    When I looked up the odds on my poker calculator,I discover:

    Preflop---80.68% to win with my starting hand

    post-flop----98.28% to win (ouchhh)

    Turn--------90.91% to win

    Congrats to Slikec for pulling that Rabbit out of his hat----Hope you went on to win tourney!
    Best way to look at it is that even if you didn't get wildly sucked out on, and beat him, then you would have

    still had to win several more all ins or you would have only finished 1 spot ahead of him.

  5. #5
    slikec
    slikec's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-11
    Posts: 1,006
    Betpoints: 21748

    Seriously you think i never lost overpair vs overpair lol. And i fear rivers the most at SBR cause many times opponent gets magic out like i did yesterday.

  6. #6
    cincinnatikid513
    vacances
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 40,444

    sbr loves to give a sweat on the turn
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/08/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  7. #7
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 48,084
    Betpoints: 14229

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    sbr loves to give a sweat on the turn
    Gotta love the hands that play out 70% one way pre, 70% other way post flop, back to 70% to first guy on turn and 30% guy draws his card on river

    Or maybe I just remember those hands more than others.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    cincinnatikid513
    vacances
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 40,444

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Gotta love the hands that play out 70% one way pre, 70% other way post flop, back to 70% to first guy on turn and 30% guy draws his card on river

    Or maybe I just remember those hands more than others.
    sounds about right, getting it in behind pre flop is the way to go
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/08/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  9. #9
    boscokid
    Standings por favor?
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-03-10
    Posts: 1,006
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Gotta love the hands that play out 70% one way pre, 70% other way post flop, back to 70% to first guy on turn and 30% guy draws his card on river

    Or maybe I just remember those hands more than others.
    Only remember seeing a true SBR hand live one time - KK vs 33 all-in pre

    Flop 3 K x turn 3 river K

    lmao - luckily I wasn't in the hand so I got to sit witness and marvel at the shifting excitement. And no, there was no bad beat jackpot.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/12/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  10. #10
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 48,084
    Betpoints: 14229

    Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post

    sounds about right, getting it in behind pre flop is the way to go
    I turned it up to 10 today.

    Cracked bullets 3 times when allin. Drew one outers when needed.

    Donk had no chance v me heads up. First place

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


Top