Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

Brad Booth Missing

Apparently he went camping outside of Reno in mid July and never came back. His family made this statement on 2+2.

Statement from the family of missing person Brad Booth:

All of our family would like to say thank you to everyone that is trying to locate Brad.

At this time, we ask that you please refrain from sharing second hand information and to please stop spreading suspicions and rumors. It is impeding the investigation instead of helping by taking valuable time away to verify all the information.

If you have any relevant information to this investigation, we ask that you contact detective Tazy Ciofalo at the Reno Police Department @ (775) 321-8372 and reference file #20-12315.

Should she not answer leave a detailed message and she will get right back to you. We are all heartbroken over this and wish for his safe return. Thank you.
    -Family of Brad Booth.
    Here he is at his best moment in poker:

It's a longshot, but I know a lot of SBR posters frequent the Reno/Tahoe area. If anyone has seen him or his truck (info here) contact authorities. There is a thread on 2+2 with more info here.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Doesn't sound promising..hopefully he gets found and his phone ran out of juice or something.

Did he ever make good on his debts? Possible suicide?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Doesn't sound promising..hopefully he gets found and his phone ran out of juice or something.

Did he ever make good on his debts? Possible suicide?
    There's a lot of speculation on that over at 2+2. Hopefully he's just drunk somewhere, but the more time that passes the less likely that seems.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    There's a lot of speculation on that over at 2+2. Hopefully he's just drunk somewhere, but the more time that passes the less likely that seems.
    Agreed. Chances very high he is dead but given the debt situation I wouldn't totally rule out suicide or vanishing on purpose.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

or disappear so he doesn't have pay his debts

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

If you're Ivey...do u call there? Or did Booth put him in an impossible position...where he CAN'T call?

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    If you're Ivey...do u call there? Or did Booth put him in an impossible position...where he CAN'T call?
    It's a very weird/fascinating hand. It basically doesn't make sense to shove that much with a lower pair than Ks. I think Ivey thought it was either a combo draw or two pair/set. So you're slightly ahead of the draws but crushed by the made hands, makes it not worth a call. I doubt Ivey was putting random gutshots in his range lol

What's funny is as trash as Booth's hand was, he still had 20% equity just with the gutshot and backdoor flush draw. That's something at least. To me it's pretty obvious that the play was a pure ego move, not anything particularly calculated

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Hard to say. Very easy when seeing the cards to pass a judgement after all!

I don't know to be honest. Guy could very well play a set in that exact way. If he had some type of draw he might as well, or even if he has a pure bluff he could too! Just have to assess which you think it is.

Obviously the latter two you want to call, the former you should fold. What in your mind are the odds of each thing? No fixed answer!
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave ArunSh 108 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1695

Could have been taken out.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Could have been taken out.
    If someone owes you a large sum of money isn't it better to keep them alive in hopes of getting paid?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1695

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    If someone owes you a large sum of money isn't it better to keep them alive in hopes of getting paid?
    To the normal mind yes...

He may have run into the wrong lender.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    To the normal mind yes...

He may have run into the wrong lender.
    Or a wild animal...maybe a bear or wolves.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

He made it a point to tell people he was going camping, then disappeared entirely. That's probably not a coincidence

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

This dude in debt....how? As you saw above, he shoved $300K with 4 high. Guy is a genius.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    He made it a point to tell people he was going camping, then disappeared entirely. That's probably not a coincidence

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

First off, Kaplan is an idiot. That is actually a good flop for 4 high, (gutshot and backdoor flush draw, especially since his flush would be good)

Blanco makes a good point in analyzing the hand. This is never a pocket pair like 9s or 10s for so much more than the pot, where Booth could only have 2 outs. Booths most likely hands are probably the sets, 67, 89 diamonds, or an ace high flush draw (especially with a4 or a5 of diamonds). Ivey is actually behind this perceived range. I think if Ivey has aces, with the ace of diamonds especially, he may call this as it would kill a lot of Booths combo draws.

Hope they find him, but it looks pretty hopeless.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Very sad.

I've been following poker since the 2004, frankly between him and guys like Matusow, Layne flack, broke JRE , etc I can't believe there hasn't been more of this..

If you noticed the guys that for sponsorships have managed, because no one makes money in poker anymore.

Very sad but July was a long time ago.

Either suicide, killed for debt, or possibly an accident.

I'm all in on the first two.

RIP Brad.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    First off, Kaplan is an idiot. That is actually a good flop for 4 high, (gutshot and backdoor flush draw, especially since his flush would be good)

Blanco makes a good point in analyzing the hand. This is never a pocket pair like 9s or 10s for so much more than the pot, where Booth could only have 2 outs. Booths most likely hands are probably the sets, 67, 89 diamonds, or an ace high flush draw (especially with a4 or a5 of diamonds). Ivey is actually behind this perceived range. I think if Ivey has aces, with the ace of diamonds especially, he may call this as it would kill a lot of Booths combo draws.

Hope they find him, but it looks pretty hopeless.
    Didn't see hand for the record

If they are 100 BBs deep and Brad thinks he can stack em (this is a deceptive hand) then yes.

Normally, that is not a good flop and a gutter and back door (needing runner runner) is not something to get your chips jammed in with

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Nevermind. I'm all in on suicide. nowadays you kill somebody for dead and you're probably going to be on 20 HD cameras and easily tracked.

He probably owed people money but it wasn't by their hands.

RIP

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

because no one makes money in poker anymore.
    hahaha

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Didn't see hand for the record

If they are 100 BBs deep and Brad thinks he can stack em (this is a deceptive hand) then yes.

Normally, that is not a good flop and a gutter and back door (needing runner runner) is not something to get your chips jammed in with
    They are way deeper than 100 BB. I believe the game is 300/600 and Ivey had about 300k behind him, booth covered.

Pre Williams made it 1800, booth raised to 5800 (isolating Williams) and Ivey in one of the blinds made it 14k, booth calls. Ivey bet 23k and booth shoved (covered Ivey).

It isn’t a good hand to jam with at all, but his equity improved on the flop, so it can’t be a “bad” flop.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 08-14-20 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Changed the action in hand

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Probably the 2nd one. Ivey put in 37000 and would have needed to call about 277000 more. This is a dynamic that can only occur when guys r super deep

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Really glad he was found ok, but seems like he just did this without telling anyone, leaving his family to be frantic/wonder if he was in trouble or even dead. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to just disappear without a word to anyone. Again, glad he's ok, but still, without a very good reason, seems like a really shitty thing for him to have done.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Really glad he was found ok, but seems like he just did this without telling anyone, leaving his family to be frantic/wonder if he was in trouble or even dead. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to just disappear without a word to anyone. Again, glad he's ok, but still, without a very good reason, seems like a really shitty thing for him to have done.

Maybe he was on the smack.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO

That's great news.

At this point I'd bet there's some sort of story behind it... people don't disappear without a trace for no reason, but whatever the reason it's not as bad as Booth dying.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

So Brad is alive? Is he well?

Why did he go off the grid? Assuming that he owes big.

Still might be the biggest DEEP-STACK bluff ever. I always wondered about this type of play. It's such a non-sensical wacko play.

If we define "premium value" as 2pair+...it's so hard to call these huge over-shoves. Only 2pair+ or super combo-draw can call these massive shoves.

I read a Phil Gordon book few years ago. His claim was that the BIGGEST online winner used this type of strategy. Huge over-shove w/ hands as weak as gutshot draws. Key is that you put your opponent to the sword, where he can only feel confident w/ a few holdings.