jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gritter I am a fact guy you know that

Gritter how about a $100 Corona loan??

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

While indeed postponing and cancelling are different things, simple fact is that in tons of arenas, they are "postponing" an event under the probably faint hope that they can reschedule it for later in the year.

And in some cases that might happen, but I have a feeling that in a lot of those cases they are saying that out of extreme optimism, they don't want to flat out cancel right now hoping for a miracle to allow it to still happen.

Ok, very much depends on the specific event, but events which last for weeks or even months (like the WSOP), how realistic is that?

Basically every event that doesn't happen from say March to May/June (whenever this ends), are all those events going to now happen in September through December instead, all overlapping with each other + whatever events usually happen in those months?

Just not at all realistic again, tons of these events will end up getting cancelled even if not official yet. And WSOP I think is almost certainly one which will be - again too long, too much planning involved to move it back a few months and expect it to work.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

no clue why this was not postponed/cancelled weeks ago..

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Logistic nightmare for Vegas if they do any other time than Summer
    This makes no sense. The WSOP is small relative to other "conventions," CET has plenty of convention space, and there are already more poker dealers in Vegas than their are poker dealing jobs.

The only reason the WSOP was moved to the summer from the spring was so CET could draw crowds at a slow time of year for tourists and conventions.

First 12