quit now

not worth your time
    Here’s your answer.

if you’re ready my reply you’ve read too far

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Get a beginners book if you don’t know the terminology.

Then watch all of the tons of high stakes games on YouTube since 2018. Make sure it’s ones where they show almost every hand, not just highlights. Pay attention to commentary. That should give you a good cash foundation. Tournaments have more complexity.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Get a beginners book if you don’t know the terminology.

Then watch all of the tons of high stakes games on YouTube since 2018. Make sure it’s ones where they show almost every hand, not just highlights. Pay attention to commentary. That should give you a good cash foundation. Tournaments have more complexity.
    are you saying its better to aim at getting good at cash games opposed to getting good at tournaments?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Pick something you enjoy and play it. Whether that be tournaments, sng, cash, Omaha, whatever. Watch videos, read, practice. I joined a few chat groups on aim (back in the day) and Skype and got good feedback from peers. Just Have fun and enjoy playing. Most poker pros are living in studio apartments with no furniture or living with 3 other poker pros in a hotel room sharing one bathroom and an X-Box, so you might as well enjoy the game you play and not be miserable.

bettipboy
    Update your status
    bettipboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

many comments from many people that are familiar but no help , no manuals , no links... why ?
    I do understand you cant teach us and why should you but share how you started .. some proposals on where to look ..which site to trust .. tables good for beginners etc .

Thanks anyway and ... stay home guys!

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

If you're going to put the effort in to make a living you're going to need a study group for one. Get PokerTracker or Holdemmanager or DriveHUD or some way to track your hands. Tag hands after you play them for review. Subscribe to Upswing, RaiseYourEdge, something like that to get elite level coaching for a good price. Poker trainers like DTO can help if you are playing tournaments. Learn all the charts for ranges at different stack depths and different positional charts. Practice with solvers like PIO and put the hours in. It's hard work. Then you have to learn how to play lots of tables. For cash games I'm usually only playing about six games but tourneys I can get up to eighteen pretty easily, especially on Sundays

Use software like tabletamer to manage games on your screen and help convert stacks to bb instead of chips/dollars. Get good rakeback deals if available and make sure you are playing within your bankroll and have a sound mental game at all times.

Alternatively, you can just claim that it's all luck, or that online is rigged like the other dolts on SBR. Your choice.
    Points Awarded:

Golden fleece gave Crusherrr 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bettipboy

bettipboy
    Update your status
    bettipboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Thank you ! I will check . Which one do you propose PokerTracker or DriveHUd ? DTO is a future step .. I am not ready yet .

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    If you're going to put the effort in to make a living you're going to need a study group for one. Get PokerTracker or Holdemmanager or DriveHUD or some way to track your hands. Tag hands after you play them for review. Subscribe to Upswing, RaiseYourEdge, something like that to get elite level coaching for a good price. Poker trainers like DTO can help if you are playing tournaments. Learn all the charts for ranges at different stack depths and different positional charts. Practice with solvers like PIO and put the hours in. It's hard work. Then you have to learn how to play lots of tables. For cash games I'm usually only playing about six games but tourneys I can get up to eighteen pretty easily, especially on Sundays

Use software like tabletamer to manage games on your screen and help convert stacks to bb instead of chips/dollars. Get good rakeback deals if available and make sure you are playing within your bankroll and have a sound mental game at all times.

Alternatively, you can just claim that it's all luck, or that online is rigged like the other dolts on SBR. Your choice.

its not that its rigged but tracking hands and doing all the math correctly leads to frustration when you lose a 30-70 hand.
    Points Awarded:

Bubbanator2 gave cjwatsonfan32 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post

im certain i played your name heads up at a poker site

am i mistaken? not likely

i think it was .5/1

fact is, you are now playing sbrpoker, so dont act like a big shot know it all

RudyRuetigger

that is the problem around here

everyone wants to tell you how you can win and that they do

but they are posting that you can win, instead of playing

when i played poker 15 years ago, the last thing i wanted to do was post on a forum telling people how to win

DO YOU SEE THE POINT?

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by cjwatsonfan32 View Post
    its not that its rigged but tracking hands and doing all the math correctly leads to frustration when you lose a 30-70 hand.
    one site made a video on this

i dont think it was duecescracked but might have been

where your loss is 2x worse than a win even if you end up at a net zero

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

elon musk was on rogan today talking about brain implants.....

the first ones to get math ones or algorithm ones will have a huge advantage in live play....

link here. its 25 minutes long but they talk about some mind blowing stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqdo57uky4o

First 123