a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

bovada

It's been a while since I played online poker, but Bovada cash games and how it is set up appears to be terrible.

I can't view open tables or tables that are full or mostly full.

All I can do is select a game type followed by a limit and then I either get taken to a table that has other players or a table all by myself.

Now I mostly play Omaha hi/lo, but it's still silly with HE.

It's mostly trial an error. So like normally Omaha hi/lo .25/.50 is sometimes a hit, but if I select that and get taken to a table myself, I don't know if it's because no one else chose those limits or there is a full table and I need to just wait.

With HE I would like to be the 7th or 8th or 9th to join the table and complete it. I've never seen this type of set up on any other poker platform. You used to be able to view all tables and limits and how occupied they were.

Am I missing something?

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I think it's to stop sharks from shopping around and hunting down the biggest fish. It's a good thing imo

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post
    I think it's to stop sharks from shopping around and hunting down the biggest fish. It's a good thing imo
    No. The anonymous aspect is to stop sharks from bumhunting.

This is to make it so said bumhunters don't take up the whole lobby waiting for fish to join and play them heads up. With this feature it makes you jump right into a game with a seat open.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Quote Originally Posted by a4u2fear View Post
    It's been a while since I played online poker, but Bovada cash games and how it is set up appears to be terrible.

I can't view open tables or tables that are full or mostly full.

All I can do is select a game type followed by a limit and then I either get taken to a table that has other players or a table all by myself.

Now I mostly play Omaha hi/lo, but it's still silly with HE.

It's mostly trial an error. So like normally Omaha hi/lo .25/.50 is sometimes a hit, but if I select that and get taken to a table myself, I don't know if it's because no one else chose those limits or there is a full table and I need to just wait.

With HE I would like to be the 7th or 8th or 9th to join the table and complete it. I've never seen this type of set up on any other poker platform. You used to be able to view all tables and limits and how occupied they were.

Am I missing something?
    I don't worry too much about bots on Bovada for NL/PLO but I definitely do for LHE and O8. These games are essentially solved so I definitely would not be playing those games on anonymous software when you have no idea who you are playing.

You are probably the only one sitting if I had to guess. These games don't run much anymore. You may have better luck on Americas Cardroom.