ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

One Drop Hand: Polk vs Jacobsen

How does Jacobsen fold this hand?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Chuckster that turn is wetter than prom night. A guy like Polk could easily defend his blind with so many hands that check call flop then bury Jacobson on the turn. Why call off his whole stack in that situation? One of those play the hand right and still be wrong spots since it’s proper to bet flop and turn with the K but you’ve got to fold some good equity if they push here with such a wide range.

And Lol @ “Got one through”

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

I've thought about this hand several times. Worth thinking about, considering how much $$ was on the line.

I'll stick w/ my original note. You can't fold a hand this strong w/ the re-draw to 2nd-nuts.

Listen to Polk's comments. The hand he was targeting to fold was a modest Kx hand WITHOUT a re-draw. So, a hand like KT(o).

Think about the bet-sizing into the pot. On Turn, Martin is getting almost 2/1 to call. So, he needs > 33% equity to be +EV.

Well, a spade on the river is coming 20% of the time. That spade has to be a clean out 98% of the time. If you're behind (and that's a big IF)...a King or Jack improves you to a likely winner as well.

You could virtually turn Polk's hand face-up and give him 34 for Two Pair. I'd still be compelled to call w/ about the right odds.

I've pondered this one, just b/c of the massive $$ swings. Throw in the fact that Polk is a bluffer. This should have been an ez call.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Hell I guess he just didn't feel like gambling. Or he thought The guy had KQ or AK.

I had something like this FRI and I had AK on the guys KJ and he did go all in.

I called and he didn't donk a flush or a jack.

I can put it simply for me. Sometimes I just don't feel like calling an all in and going home if I lose.

So I fold and stay in the game! Maybe he didn't want to call all in and risk leaving the table right then.

Maybe the guy won the tourney after he laid that down!

For huge cash it's different. But in SBR poker for pizza points, it the easiest all in call in the world!