Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

2019 is the year!

Hi guys,

Happy New Years!

So I'm determined this is the year I succeed in poker/sports and pretty much everything in life. Will be using this thread to post and write about stuff.

I'm currently working at the moment, but looking to play poker and sportsbet full time. I'm trying not to be so concerned with results (even though I know it's the most exciting part) so I'll post those sparingly while mainly focusing on volume and mental game.

Ideally I'd like to hit 200NL by March and be betting $100 a game by then as well.

GL everybody and have a great year!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

good luck, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Ballerholic

Thanks auto, I haven't checked this thread in a while but I appreciate the support! GL to you too!

Monthly Update

Since not having a proper roll I figure I would start out playing some microstakes and then deposit once I get a large paycheck. Still waiting on the paycheck at the moment, but the microstakes roll has been growing really well!

As you can see my winrates are insanely high. Now I'm sure I am running hot, but I don't think I am that far off my actual winrate at these stakes. I think I'm going to take an aggressive approach with shot taking as I really want to hit 200NL as soon as possible. I've also found some really good sports cappers to follow for their picks on various forums. Once I get my roll to sportsbet I'll track those here and hopefully give you guys some insight into these guys as well.

GL guys, and will try to update more frequently. Also, any tips for grinding long hours?

Ballerholic

January Update

It's been a crazy month in February so far. Had to make an emergency trip to Ireland for a funeral. Also did not play as many hours as I also have a job on the side. Anyway, results were pretty decent especially for the stakes being played.

At the moment I am really happy with my game. I know I was playing microstakes and low sample, but I did crush them. At 25NL I started attacking capped ranges thinking they could fold which led to some variance. Unfortunately some players refuse to fold 2nd pair to a triple barrel stack off.

Once I get back to USA it's pretty much grind time until the end of march. I'll probably start at 50NL once I get back and then hopefully hit 100NL in march. I also plan to join a coaching stable by the end of this month if I can or else early in March. They have guys who play the highest stakes in the world. I was accepted over a year ago into their program, but I know about committing to it for 12 months. At this point in my poker career I think it is a must.