Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Finally a Pro?

I wasn't around much the past month as I was working a part time summer job. Now I have a bankroll of around $2000 + a $2,000 credit line. Enough for 50NL for sure which is what I will be playing. I could start playing 100NL right now and may, but we'll see. Unfortunately, I do not have any kind of job lined up or anything going on right now so the only way I can support myself is thru poker. Let's hope it works out!

Over the past month I've made just over $1k playing poker while working part time. I think it is definitely achievable and I am hoping to make over $500 a week while also sportsbetting. It is also time I become an adult and start tracking all of my finances. I will try and post those here and treat this as a diary as well.

Short term:

Hit 100NL by end of September

Long Term:

200NL by end of year

August Profit: $1137

Legooooooo

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

How old are you? Which sites are you playing?

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 966

cool

Ballerholic

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post
    How old are you? Which sites are you playing?
    25 and I played exclusively on Bovada this past month. Will add some Euro sites now.

Ballerholic

Alright guys how is everybody doing?

I figured I'd start fresh on the first day of the month with College Football kicking off too. The past month was a success playing poker, but this month will be my first I guess you could say as a full time pro. Anyway, I figure I'll try to keep track of almost all expenses and profits this month and see how everything goes. So far I made about $1.3k from poker in August while working a part time job. My aim is around $2,600 this month.

This past week on Bovada....

I've spent a few hundred on sports picks for this year so I will post picks after the matches have carried out as I think it's unfair to post before.

GL this year and may we all make some $$$$$$!!!! Also, Pro application is in process of renewal!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Baller let me get this straight. You’re 25, have no job lined up and winnng 2k a month in poker / sports betting is your priority right now? Brother with all due respect most are graduating college / grad school & starting their careers. Assuming still living at home? I’d deff rethink this

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

don't listen to philly.....

keep kickin' ass; keep diggin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen to this guy:

he's waving you around!!!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Inside the park homer on a ground ball, amazing.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    I've spent a few hundred on sports picks for this year

Dude.....no.

Ballerholic

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Baller let me get this straight. You’re 25, have no job lined up and winnng 2k a month in poker / sports betting is your priority right now? Brother with all due respect most are graduating college / grad school & starting their careers. Assuming still living at home? I’d deff rethink this
    Yea I know it sounds pretty dumb, but it's something I'd like to pursue. We'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    don't listen to philly.....

keep kickin' ass; keep diggin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen to this guy:

he's waving you around!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Dude.....no.

Thanks Donk, I'll carry on in pursuit of this!

I hear you man, but this guy has winning record past three years and I've been following him. Good capper.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

You’re following your dream. Can’t be mad at that.

Wanna see you winning that main event & telling phillyguy “how you like me now bitch “

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

learn the chorus to this:

Ballerholic

Haha hopefully I can say that USC and Donk!

Update

Ok so far this month is pretty below where I want to be. Let's say wayyyyy below where I want to be.

Poker: $34 Hours Played: 15

Sports: -$103

Now part of the reason hours have been low and playing has been poor quality is because I have pretty much been living in an Airbnb since the start of the month. Therefore, I can only play at the airbnb on my laptop or else in a cafe. Not exactly the best setup. I'll be back grinding on my desktop by this Friday thankfully. In the meantime I'll just do my best and hopefully make some $$$$$$.

Ballerholic

Update

Poker: $204 Hours Played: 42

Sports: $158

The month could be going a lot better, but at least it is going in the right direction. Unfortunately I've run into a doom switched downswing, and it really has been that bad, but at least profit is showing some promise. 42 hours of poker is probably less than a week to a week of what I should be playing. So it really is a week's worth of results there. Anyway, the goal is to hit 100 hours for the rest of the month in poker. I'll try not to think of making money, but $1,000 in that time would be nice . What I will try to focus on is improving my game and trying to take the most +ev line possible. I also need to cut back on watching twitch/sports on the side while grinding. That is just heavily -ev. For the most part I will be trying to improve my game by watching new poker content and then grinding my ass off.

This week I'm going to be trying something different. Studying in July and sticking to a plan made me play amazing and feel amazing physically/mentally/and about my game. Here's what I'll have to do:

-Watch 3 poker videos a day
    -Workout 1x a day
    -Meditate

Before a session
    -Review 15 of my own hands
    -Review 15 of somebody else's hands
    -Watch 15 minutes of Live Play
    -Read/Watch some mental game content

In session
    -Make +ev play
    -Don't care about making money
    -Short breaks every 40 minutes

GL everybody and will post tomorrow!
    Last edited by Ballerholic; 09-17-18 at 07:04 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: peacebyinches

Ballerholic

Update

Poker: $350 Hours Played: 63

Sports: $65

Ok so another week in the bag. Not a very good week, but at least progress. Up just over $100 and played about 21 hours this past week. Honestly, $5/hour is actually very good for the stakes I'm playing. Need to do a bit more study, but the pools I'm playing in are very weak. Either way I will hopefully be playing closer to 40 hours this week. Sports has been going really well too. I think I will try and start posting my plays for often on this site as well. Up about 6 buyins so far this year in sports.
    Last edited by Ballerholic; 09-24-18 at 06:46 AM.

Ballerholic

Monthly Update

Poker: $386 Hours Played: 85

Sports: $102

The first month as a poker pro as finally come to an end. It hasn't been glorious by any measures, but at least there was profit. I hit some insane variance during the month and I was just getting sucked out on so much. As well, considering pros have losing months, I think it went alright! The only aspect I'm most frustrated with is the volume I achieved. I am not happy only playing what should be 2 weeks of poker in a month. Either way, the first month as a pro is completed and I expect much better results in October!

Sports on the other hand are going wayy better than expected. I will admit I have joined one tout service, and was close to joining one more who I had been with last year, but did not pull the trigger. The only reason I had not was because for the amount I am betting it really didn't make sense to do so, even though I would 100% join if I was betting $100 or more a game. Now before anything is said, these guys I have been following for years on a different forum and just in the last year or 2 they decided that they were going to individually sell their picks. They were winning record keeping bettors and still are. I am also using free picks from cappers on various forums. I did my research going back to check previous years records and I think I've formed a nice little circle of guys to follow for picks, guys who have way more knowledge on these games than me. By the way, I am also posting my top plays now in Players Talk.

Goals for October :

If I'm going to take this journey as serious as possible, I'm going to need to put in some serious work!

- Play 288 hours of poker

All I have for this month is a volume goal. I'm not too concerned with profit as I have enough to live if I make $0. But the low volume I'm hitting at the moment is a joke. Anyway, GL this month guys and I hope we all profit!

Ballerholic

So played my first day of poker yesterday. Ended up playing for about 7.5 hours, but ended up losing about $100. Not a big deal and also not worried about profit/loss this month.

Ballerholic

12.5 hours total so far this week. I've just been a bit jet lagged and then doing some other things while home right now in the USA. Will play some monster sessions this weekend.

Ballerholic

Played about 24.5 hours so far this month, which drastically needs to improve. Up a bit in sports to $190 and top 60 in BTP!

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

bump