Guy beat Fedor heads up for $10 Megas and a total of $43,000,000 career earnings

Justin Bonomo Wins $1 Million Big One for One Drop ($10,000,000)

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:56 PM PDT (about 11 hours and 46 minutes ago)

Daniel Negreanu tweeted that it was time for him to stop hanging onto the top spot on the all-time money list. That torch has been passed as Justin Bonomo ascended to the throne with a $10 million win in Event #78: $1 Million Big One for One Drop.
Bonomo now has just under $43 million in cashes, leaving Negreanu ($39,656,197) and Erik Seidel ($34,575,437) in his dust.
Bonomo called it "awesome" to be the top all-time tournament money winner but said the accolade doesn't hold as much meaning to him as his assessment of his own play. And while results in poker can lie, the incredible $25 million — and two bracelets — that Bonomo has acquired in 2018 alone reflect what Bonomo feels has been some of the best play of his decorated career.
"At the end of the day, I feel like for the past year I've played absolutely fantastic poker," he said. "I'm not going to say I'm the best player in the world but I'm very confident that I'm up there."
Official Final Table Results
Place Player Country Prize (USD)
1st Justin Bonomo United States $10,000,000
2nd Fedor Holz Germany $6,000,000
3rd Dan Smith United States $4,000,000
4th Rick Salomon United States $2,840,000
5th Byron Kaverman United States $2,000,000

Holz versus Bonomo, the match the fans wanted to see. "I enjoyed seeing the tweets," Bonomo said with a laugh. "They wanted to see the true heat test: who is the luckier player, myself or Fedor?
"Almost everyone out there respects the game of both myself and Fedor. I certainly respect his game a great deal. It definitely felt like a storybook ending playing against Fedor with him starting with the chip lead and having to grind my way back."
After Bonomo won a flip to find some footing heads up, the key pot developed as Bonomo three-bet the eight-four of diamonds and turned two pair. He checked after betting the flop and Holz barreled off with a king-high airball, with Bonomo snap-calling the river to double into a big lead.
Holz got it in behind twice and scored lucky doubles, but third time was the charm for Bonomo when ace-jack was superior to Holz's ace-four.

Special shout out to Rick Salomon aka Paris Hilton sex tape producer for his 4th place cash.