mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Matty, let me make a few things clear....I wasn't trying to make a infomercial as to the merits of my poker skills....I agree that there's a lot of luck involved in poker........I just don't get the constant threads about "is it worth my time to play poker here" or "is it worth the $100". How many people complained about the new format yet continued to play? If its not worth your time or you don't want to renew your PRO status then don't....these threads just get old
    Understood....I have played at a couple of sites that had small payouts/rewards but gave them up over time. I normally would have left SBR after this last structure change, but since I know several of the people I find it fun to play with a close knit group (even though payouts are minimal). Plus I’m wanting to get in as many hands before we go to the WSOP this year.

My priorities may change at any time....but for now I still enjoy playing at the site. If I do decide to go, I’ll make sure to exit quietly.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Thanks very much for the kind words mpaschal, I'm blushing here . Glad to know that some people appreciate what I have to say!

I think mpaschal has also hit the nail on the head in regards to another aspect of luck. When people think of luck, most think of key suckouts and so forth which are obviously a big thing in any tournament. But there are other types of luck that people often don't realize, for instance the hand he mentioned or what about the hand where you tripled up cause you had AA vs two other big hands. Sorry but getting AA allin three way vs two other big hands and tripling up as a result doesn't require much skill .

For myself for instance, I went out when I got KQ on K62 rainbow board with a pretty short stack (10 Big Blinds), and unfortunately my opponent had flopped a set. Maybe I didn't have to go broke on that hand, but I don't regret the play looking back on it, it was definitely a somewhat unlucky flop for me just as it was a lucky flop for my opponent - that's poker.

To take another hand that I played vs mpaschal himself haha. Somewhat early in the tournament he raised with AK (that's what he claimed he had after the hand), I had 99 and called. Flop came 944 - rather lucky for me. Flop was checked through, he made a small turn bet when a 2 rolled off then gave up on the river when I made a fairly large bet after he checked. In one sense I got very lucky on that hand with such a great flop. Then again, was it unlucky for me that an A or K didn't hit the flop, turn, or river where I might have taken his whole stack? If that had happened, most would not think of it as luck, just business as usual, but there would be no doubt that it was an extreme cold deck for him, again that's poker - most people don't perceive that type of hidden luck.
    point taken....I will pay attention to your post more

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

SBR has made it increasingly difficult for Non USA players to be pro. So it seems they are squeezing us out.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Not only was it AK....it was AK suited!!!

Luckily I missed everything.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaBrad View Post
    SBR has made it increasingly difficult for Non USA players to be pro. So it seems they are squeezing us out.
    can someone explain the process of turning PRO as a NON US Player.....would hate to see you go Brad

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Understood....I have played at a couple of sites that had small payouts/rewards but gave them up over time. I normally would have left SBR after this last structure change, but since I know several of the people I find it fun to play with a close knit group (even though payouts are minimal). Plus I’m wanting to get in as many hands before we go to the WSOP this year.

My priorities may change at any time....but for now I still enjoy playing at the site. If I do decide to go, I’ll make sure to exit quietly.

Yes the last statement I think is a very good point. Having played SBR poker for many so many years, there are definitely some names who used to play all the time who I now never/almost never see in the tournaments. I'm sure those folks stopped for various reasons, other priorities, didn't have the time, decided it wasn't worth the time, etc. etc.

But whatever their reasons were, I didn't see any of them making posts complaining about how the site was greedy/screwing them over by cutting back - that just seems ungrateful to me when they clearly found it worthwhile for some amount of time. As both you and uscphilly have said, if you decide to leave since you don't feel it's worth your time anymore, then just leave, no reason to publicly insult the site on your way out. Just to be clear, this comment is not directed at most people posting - I have no issue with people merely constructively saying that they don't want to play anymore since it isn't worth their time, honest feedback is always important. But when you start calling the site that has clearly given you good benefits for awhile or you wouldn't have used it prior "greedy" and so forth, that seems like crossing the line.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    can someone explain the process of turning PRO as a NON US Player.....would hate to see you go Brad
    Philly, many of us were doing business with offshore books long before we came to SBR. so there are little or no new books to sign up with to renew Pro. It used to be SBR allowed us to "buy in" via Moneybookers/Skrill, but that is also no longer an option. I think, like Brad, I am down to one book possible (if they let me deposit). Sad state for many of us who have been pro here for many years.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    If you want to get technical...

Pro - Logging in everyday earns 4380, like you said. 4380 - 3000 = +1380.

Non - Logging in everyday earns 2190. 2190 - 0 = +2190

2190>1380

Granted, that's a very specific way to look at it. Because Pro gets trivia and more contest eligibility.
    You forgot to mention, non pros can only cash out those 2,190 pts for hats.

So in my humble opinion, 2,190 non pro pts < 1,380 pro pts.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Philly, many of us were doing business with offshore books long before we came to SBR. so there are little or no new books to sign up with to renew Pro. It used to be SBR allowed us to "buy in" via Moneybookers/Skrill, but that is also no longer an option. I think, like Brad, I am down to one book possible (if they let me deposit). Sad state for many of us who have been pro here for many years.
    It's still easier for internationals than US people. No new book to join anymore. Just have money in any sponsor book. So a min deposit is the max "cost".

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Site transitioning away from poker but still worth to be a part of it.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Guys, it is only $100!!!

Gimme a break! You guys are supposed to be gamblers and everyone is bitching about $100?????????? I mean you guys are gambling alot more than that. Even if you DONT get $100 in return, remember that this is supposedly for CHARITY!!

So even if you only get $10 out of the site, you sent in $100 to charity. And yes i renew every year using the $100 option. Heck, 3000 points is way more than $100 anyway so probably everyone should just send in the cash to renew.

But the site is giving you guys entertainment and maybe some help gambling! Even if they raised the cost to be a pro to $200 or $300 via charity, it would still be worth it in my opinion. I know that i lose a lot more than that each month betting on basketball!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

My favorite part of SBR’ is when I solicit a loan, agree to the terms, then change them when I’ve paid the principal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mpaschal34

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It's still easier for internationals than US people. No new book to join anymore. Just have money in any sponsor book. So a min deposit is the max "cost".
    I was under impression it had to be a book we were linked to thru SBR. if u are correct then I can renew easily forever!! lolol

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I was under impression it had to be a book we were linked to thru SBR. if u are correct then I can renew easily forever!! lolol
    Yeah I think it still needs to be one with sbr as a referral. But you must have at least one of those after this many years here? It used to be a new book every year and that got a bit hard for all of us long termers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

GaryDN is good people. His opening post is just a nice way of saying... SBR WAKE UP for POKER PLAYERS!! Don't get cheap on us.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Site transitioning away from poker but still worth to be a part of it.
    It seems to be this. I feel sorry for the true poker players here that love the game. SBR kicking you in the nuts.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Guys, guys, guys! Can we just set aside the bickering for a minute to acknowledge what might be the most earth-shattering moment in SBR history??

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    You forgot to mention, non pros can only cash out those 2,190 pts for hats.

So in my humble opinion, 2,190 non pro pts < 1,380 pro pts.
    Only took 10 years, but Bobbo finally recognized a math error! Who knows where it could go from here....10 more years and he might be able to recognize errors when he makes them! Proof that there's hope for even the most ineducable...exciting times fellas!

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Like most of this thread (a brown nosing employee fest) Poker is an Employee fest also

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Guys, guys, guys! Can we just set aside the bickering for a minute to acknowledge what might be the most earth-shattering moment in SBR history??

Only took 10 years, but Bobbo finally recognized a math error! Who knows where it could go from here....10 more years and he might be able to recognize errors when he makes them! Proof that there's hope for even the most ineducable...exciting times fellas!
    Maybe in 10 years Tripe will recognize I took his sorry ass for 29k in our poker bet.

With your pathetic poker play, no surprise you didn't qualify for Championship tourney last Saturday.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

Think I started a thread on this but cannot find it. Is it really worth going pro?? Not for me and here is why..reasons
    -its a great hedge bank but all you need to do is deposit at another book to do that(ie-betting your lose side for a kickback)
    -non pros cannot win or either withdraw their points into something, they can receive worthless points that are just floating air(pizza cards , bitcoin, gift cards) cannot make a purchase at the sbr store
    -sure sbr has their bash and I say their are a few benefits to be pro but by no means anything special, most people have other community and organization and dedicated time then adding another headache this place gives
    -their are so many other devices out their that have give way more for way less like osga gives you a free $25 monthly in your acct.. its just pennies but its an +ev proposition compared to this site.
    -I work my ass off for my money and I expect it back or I don't shop..

think of it this way if your going to spend 20k at home depot to build you a house, i wouldn't spend a penny unless i am getting atleast 20% the material, after all i am the customer and i worked blood sweat and tears to earn it

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I used to play SBR poker quite a bit. With the changes to the format and just a pretty busy life it was no longer +ev. However if you like sports, it’s still worth it to be pro. Lots of contests and nice how they allow the “go pro” fee to be a donation to charity.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

G will always be a pro in my eyes.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

after reading all this hibbity schwibbity bibbity, I can only add my two cents:

borrow this sign, set up shop next to them, demand a 25% finders fee/commission, and you'll have all the money you need to go pro:

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

or, use the more "hands on" direct approach, and keep all the loot yourself for renewal:

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    or, use the more "hands on" direct approach, and keep all the loot yourself for renewal:

Truck driver stops at a country diner for lunch one day and there is a specials sign that says Ham Sandwiches $5 & Hand Jobs $5. A pretty waitress comes by to take his order and the Truck driver asks her if she is the one that gives the hand jobs. She proudly says yes I am.

Truck driver says then go wash your fukking hands and make me a Ham sandwich.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    What is the upside in defending them?
    Correct, there's no upside.

Arunsh is just a brown nose puppet.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    Think I started a thread on this but cannot find it. Is it really worth going pro?? Not for me and here is why..reasons
    -its a great hedge bank but all you need to do is deposit at another book to do that(ie-betting your lose side for a kickback)
    -non pros cannot win or either withdraw their points into something, they can receive worthless points that are just floating air(pizza cards , bitcoin, gift cards) cannot make a purchase at the sbr store
    -sure sbr has their bash and I say their are a few benefits to be pro but by no means anything special, most people have other community and organization and dedicated time then adding another headache this place gives
    -their are so many other devices out their that have give way more for way less like osga gives you a free $25 monthly in your acct.. its just pennies but its an +ev proposition compared to this site.
    -I work my ass off for my money and I expect it back or I don't shop..

think of it this way if your going to spend 20k at home depot to build you a house, i wouldn't spend a penny unless i am getting atleast 20% the material, after all i am the customer and i worked blood sweat and tears to earn it
    it just says $25 freeplay for a $25 yearly subscription on their site?

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Truck driver stops at a country diner for lunch one day and there is a specials sign that says Ham Sandwiches $5 & Hand Jobs $5. A pretty waitress comes by to take his order and the Truck driver asks her if she is the one that gives the hand jobs. She proudly says yes I am.

Truck driver says then go wash your fukking hands and make me a Ham sandwich.

First 12