bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Day 6 at the main event of the World Series of Poker

Rick Tocchet, an assistant coach with the Phoenix Coyotes who recently pleaded guilty to gambling charges and is on a leave of absence from the team, was a no-show at the table Wednesday, blinding off all the 17,100 in chips he had left.

Day 6 at the main event of the World Series of Poker
    By The Associated Press

DAY: 6 (Officially known as Day 2B)

BIG NEWS: Richard Weisman of Las Vegas was the chip leader with 485,000 Wednesday after 4 1/2 hours of play. He was followed by Ben Lamb from Tulsa, Okla., with 400,000 and Jeff Parker of Ocean Isle, N.C., was third with 394,000. Jeff Norman, who had been leading most of the day, had fallen to fourth place with 311,000.

STUD OF THE DAY: Poker pro and writer Chad Brown increased his stack to 95,000 during the first hour when he busted another player with a straight. With the board showing king, queen, nine and seven on the turn, Brown's opponent went all in with pocket aces. Brown, who had a jack and a 10, showed a king-high straight. The meaningless river card was a four, so Brown was able to win and eliminate a foe. Brown, who again cracked an opponent's aces with a straight about two hours into play, was in 11th place with 184,000 chips after about 3 1/2 hours. Brown is in 11th place in the 2007 Player Standings.

BUSTED OUT: Poker pros Brad Daugherty, Steve Dannenmann, Allen Cunningham, Bill Gazes, Susie Isaacs, Phil Gordon and Vinnie Vinh. Former "Seinfeld" star Jason Alexander.

POKER TALK: Blinding off: When a player loses chips for leaving the table or showing up after the start time. Rick Tocchet, an assistant coach with the Phoenix Coyotes who recently pleaded guilty to gambling charges and is on a leave of absence from the team, was a no-show at the table Wednesday, blinding off all the 17,100 in chips he had left. Former champ Phil Hellmuth is known for blinding off. Hellmuth tries to gain an edge over his opponents by making a grand entrance after the official starting time.

UP NEXT: Surviving players from Days 2A and 2B, are scheduled to come together Thursday, officially Day 3 of play, in what should be about a 10-hour session.

HE SAID WHAT?: "Is it legal to wear tank tops? There used to be a rule." - Daniel Negreanu, joking about a player who took off his shirt and stripped down to his tank top before receiving a massage at the feature table.

--

JAHgger4noz
    JAHgger4noz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea, I heard that Tocchet was entered in the WSOP and that he had a low chip count in the 2nd Round. Janet Jones was also in it, she busted out early. So was Celine Dion's Husband, and yea Tobey Maguire, like u mentioned. He may play High stakes ring games and studies the game but tournaments are much different. U must constantly change your GamePlan and 1 huge mistake could spell disaster. Tocchets an idiot for entering this. He's waiting for his sentence hearing and what is he doing??? Playing in a $10,000 buy-in Poker Tournament. I can see the Judge saying "So what have u been doing during this time Mr.Tocchet while waiting to be sentenced?" Tocchet replies "Gambling sir, 8.25Million is at stake. With that, I can gamble even more..besides that, look at all that interest i can get while i sit in prison...so throw the book at me, see if I care. 8.25 Million plus interest for 10 years? Thats alot of hockey pucks pal! The judge should give him 5 years for being an idiot, and 5 more for blinding out. Maybe possibly releasing him a little early if he tells a good WSOP story in one of the tables he was sitting in.
    Gus hansens in first with 558,000 in chips. This could be interesting