stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Mike Caro old ass haha. Some of these tells are still relevant today
    Right?

Pretty much all of them at lower levels. I haven't seen this stuff in probably over ten years but I'm like dude, why have I NOT been doing these things when I've been playing, lol.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Andrew Neeme is the shit, been watching for 6-8 months and can honestly say my game has improved (especially cash)... check it out and subscribe!

That's a great play by Neeme on the 65 hand. But then again, I think it's pretty much the standard play.

Check-raising the turn on 2pair+ or semi-bluff. His hand is as good as any for a semi-bluff, and he can rep the stronger hands. Want to semi-bluff w/ 12+ outs, and I count 17outs to 2pair+.

A check-raise on turn pretty much has to be All-in, to generate enough Fold Equity. Neeme hints at this, but there's one thing about holding such a good combo draw. If he just calls Turn, then improving on River might mean opponent won't pay off. River bet would be either $600 into pot of $540 or $150 into pot of $540. Opponent probably calls the $150 but not $540. I say that b/c any "improving" river card would be so face up.

On River, would u bluff a CLUB seeing that's what your opponent COULD be holding?
    Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 01-23-18 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    That's a great play by Neeme on the 65 hand. But then again, I think it's pretty much the standard play.

Check-raising the turn on 2pair+ or semi-bluff. His hand is as good as any for a semi-bluff, and he can rep the stronger hands. Want to semi-bluff w/ 12+ outs, and I count 17outs to 2pair+.

A check-raise on turn pretty much has to be All-in, to generate enough Fold Equity. Neeme hints at this, but there's one thing about holding such a good combo draw. If he just calls Turn, then improving on River might mean opponent won't pay off. River bet would be either $600 into pot of $540 or $150 into pot of $540. Opponent probably calls the $150 but not $540. I say that b/c any "improving" river card would be so face up.

On River, would u bluff a CLUB seeing that's what your opponent COULD be holding?
    neeme makes some really bad calls as well i think he would be a pretty easy player for top pros to figure out if they had it on river they would make a big bet and he will pay them off doesn' tlike to fold, he puts alot into his videos i give him lots of credit for that and seems like a super nice guy he is building quite the fan base

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Poker soooo 15 years ago

Lol drinker call me
    Wpt borgata this weekend. All the winnings on the birds ml

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Wpt borgata this weekend. All the winnings on the birds ml
    Lunc, u goin? I try to get to Atl City once per year. Right now, too cold, tho. Prefer to go in summer.

dlunc3

Lunc, u goin? I try to get to Atl City once per year. Right now, too cold, tho. Prefer to go in summer.
    Yea, I only live 40 min away so it’s a quick dive. Playing the 1k 6 max on Friday and the wpt main event on Sunday.

stevek173

Lol no I wouldn't, it is a thought though

1) I'm a puss
    2) I prefer to win money, not to give it away
    3) HE could have clubs

Would YOU?
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave stevek173 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
    Do you have a go gamble hat?
    hate that guy

but gottta give him credit for being bad at poker and still doing enough to not have to really work

I'm sure the overpriced merchandise was a huge help

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the contributions guys, good stuff

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Lol no I wouldn't, it is a thought though

1) I'm a puss
    2) I prefer to win money, not to give it away
    3) HE could have clubs

Would YOU?
    Probably not, Stevie. I was just talking out loud. Considering chip stacks, think about how the hand can play out.

On Turn, Neeme is NOT folding. Turn card added too much equity. So, question is how to play the Turn.

If he just CALLS, he has to be thinking about Ranges and Bet-sizes on River. If u make Flush/Str8/Trips/2pair...you're betting River. Since clubs were there on the FLOP...it's not an un-reasonable bluff move. Neeme putting opponent on overpair is reasonable. ONLY non-pair holding that he might have is AK(clubs).
    Last edited by ChuckyTheGoat; 01-24-18 at 04:04 PM. Reason: clubs

ChuckyTheGoat

Stevie, if Neeme just calls the Turn...what Rivers are bluff-cards?

* A 7? Opponent can't have 7. Trips now beat an over-pair.
    * Clubs? Flush-bluffs feel much better if you're holding a Club. But that's not your opponent holding (imho).

I don't see too many other bluff-cards. Would u bluff an 8 and make believe that made your set?

Very interesting hand. Coordinated boards make u think, for sure.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Yea, I only live 40 min away so it’s a quick dive. Playing the 1k 6 max on Friday and the wpt main event on Sunday.
    Good luck! Remember to wear your SBR gear to final table!

stevek173

I Really view the 56 play as awful poker and see him losing a full buy in there roughly 8/10 times.

Sincerely,

ABC Steve

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

How much for a vid of the skank getting the bbc stiffy?

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    I Really view the 56 play as awful poker and see him losing a full buy in there roughly 8/10 times.

Sincerely,

ABC Steve
    REally? Is that viewpoint based on how u view the original raiser?

I guess you're saying that the Original Raiser just never folds an overpair. You do need to view the Original Raiser as something > a Stone. If he's a Stone that just doesn't fold an overpair...then you're right. In that case, u need to make a hand and take him to value-town.

If that's the case, then u call and try to make a hand on River. With that thinking, maybe he does call pot-size bet on River. The River-cards that make your hand are INCREDIBLY face-up!

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the 5-6 plays is standard good for cash play... plus you gotta think there's playing history and psychology involved

Terrible play in a tourney though

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    I think the 5-6 plays is standard good for cash play... plus you gotta think there's playing history and psychology involved

Terrible play in a tourney though
    I honestly like the play a lot more in a tourney than a cash game. As he mentioned, there were guys flying in from out of state to play in this game. Though I don’t mind the play, It would cost another $600 or so for the opponent to call the bet. If he’s wrong, I can’t imagine it would be the end of the world for that kind of player to rebuy for another $600 (would be different if it was a legit high stakes game... but if he’s flying in to play in a cash game, most likely $600 isn’t a huge deal to him). Whereas if he had flown in to play in a tournament (where if he lost the hand he is out and can’t rebuy), he would be much more open to folding rather than risking his entire stack.

I honestly don’t think you can say it is always the right play or not. My opinion is that it depends on your image at the table and also the quality of opponent. I play both low limit and high limit cash games and tournaments (ranging from $1/$2 cash up to 10k tournaments). I personally would never attempt this play in a low limit cash game or tournament, as I wouldn’t feel the opponents would be disciplined enough to lay down a large pocket pair. But in a high stakes stakes game or tournament, I definitely feel that the play could induce a fold from a quality player holding a high pair, especially if I was a respected player at the table.

In this spot, given the low limits that they are playing (compared who is playing in the game) along with the fact that it’s a cash game so you can easily reload, I would choose to just call and see a river. You are getting around 22% pot odds with approx 38% drawing odds (assuming your opponent has an over pair). You see a river and fold if you don’t hit. Not worth bluffing in this spot where I see most players making a crying call with their overpair for their remaking $600 or so.

ChuckyTheGoat

Bingo, DLunc. The Orig Raiser has to be a > average thinking player for this play to work.

After Neeme chk-raises, Orig Raiser has to think it thru. The "value" part of Neeme's range has him crushed.

* If Neeme has Str8...you're drawing dead.
    * If Neeme has Set...drawing to two outs.
    * If Neeme has 2pair...drawing thin. Two outs for set, or a counterfeit out.

Lot of combo-draws that can rep bigger on that board. Have to calculate that, too.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

so neeme is copying trooper and started a Wednesday meetup game at the westgate?

what a fukkin douche

First 12