PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    also cut the daily prizes in what, half?

someone like peavy can clarify this for us but I would rather argue than add the 12 places from the usual dailies

I think by introducing this tourney, sbr is saving more cash

that's fine, but don't act like we have something big and exciting coming for 2018
    Don't piss on me and tell me its raining?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post

Didn’t even notice they cut 1 daily too. Even at 50 seats per game they’ve reduced the available seats by 10 per day. And how is anyone supposed to roll 5th through 8th place prizes when they’re lower than the minimum buy in for the smallest tables? Seems like a thinly veiled FU to the poker players here.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Personally I’d rather keep the point structure as it was and have no promo. The small daily prize pool isn’t worth playing in my opinion.

Then the final tournament becomes an all in fest with about 30 players left. So the winner will be who’s the luckiest.

The worst thing is that the last time we saw this (small prize pool), the cash game became non existent.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 9 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77, PromiseLand, Lex_icon, pboozer57, EmpireMaker, sinmiedo, silvap, Slanina, and yisman

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

payouts not worth the time. not even close

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Personally I’d rather keep the point structure as it was and have no promo. The small daily prize pool isn’t worth playing in my opinion.

Then the final tournament becomes an all in fest with about 30 players left. So the winner will be who’s the luckiest.

The worst thing is that the last time we saw this (small prize pool), the cash game became non existent.
    thanks for finally saying something relevant

appreciate it

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    payouts not worth the time. not even close
    we will still be full

I can name the guys playing

(itll be me all in first few hands every fukkin time)

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

they do give away a lot of points for free in poker. its probably their biggest promotion besides btp and it has no sponsor that i know of. i doubt it generates many new affiliate deposits for poker sites either since poker is on the decline.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

70 f'n percent????

wow.... that is some weakass shit

Rudy, I'm hoping your extremely high estrogen levels as of late are affecting your math skills, and that your numbers are off....

if they aren't, I guess sbr will meet it's apparent goal of ending poker on the site.... no one will waste time playing for a 180 pt first place.....

dry up the action quick, and further reduce cash game involvement
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 01-12-18 at 12:35 PM.

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Didn’t even notice they cut 1 daily too. Even at 50 seats per game they’ve reduced the available seats by 10 per day. And how is anyone supposed to roll 5th through 8th place prizes when they’re lower than the minimum buy in for the smallest tables? Seems like a thinly veiled FU to the poker players here.
    The lowest buyin is 5 points actually at 10 cents 25. Love that they kept them free for SBR Pros

Auto Donk

ho-lee fuk; 2500 to 800, a sixty-eight percent reduction......

ouch

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    they do give away a lot of points for free in poker. its probably their biggest promotion besides btp and it has no sponsor that i know of. i doubt it generates many new affiliate deposits for poker sites either since poker is on the decline.
    don't suck up because you won a contest

poker in on the RISE over the last 1 or 2 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    70 f'n percent????

wow.... that is some weakass shit

Rudy, I'm hoping your extremely high estrogen levels as of late are affecting your math skills, and that your numbers are off....

if they aren't, I guess sbr will meet it's apparent goal of ending poker on the site.... no one will waste time playing for a 180 pt first place.....

dry up the action quick, and further reduce cash game involvement
    I didn't give math numbers so I guess I am clear of estrogen

very weird bro

Auto Donk

on the upside, there are now omaha hi low tables up 24 - 7

guess we now how have more options to roll over all those points that we won't be winning due to 68% of them vanishing......

Booyah did this shit to us?????

bring back sbr Doug, he didn't do anything at all, so we had a lot more points to play for.

Auto Donk

very weird bro
    weird is you creating a thread or two each day whining like a little girl about this or that, thus the "estrogen" comment.....

go cry to a f'n moderator and create another "hey mods" thread or another drama thread about leaving the f'n site.....

clearly, your bitch hormones are out of whack....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

RudyRuetigger

you must be reading the fake news

as I do not report anyone

though you should be banned because ive never seen one informative post here made by you

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17017

I don't play to become a bet point millionaire. I play for the friendly chat/banter. I've chatted with some pretty cool guys there so that makes it worthwhile to me. Also it's a good wind down after a long days work.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    The lowest buyin is 5 points actually at 10 cents 25. Love that they kept them free for SBR Pros
    God damn there’s a .10-.25 table?? Haven’t played SBR poker in quite some time so missed this I guess. Who the hell has the will and more importantly the time to grind fractions of a betpoint????

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    God damn there’s a .10-.25 table?? Haven’t played SBR poker in quite some time so missed this I guess. Who the hell has the will and more importantly the time to grind fractions of a betpoint????
    so first you bitch you cant buy in at any of the tables, then you realize you can but dont want to.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

very weird bro
    poker is dead with bots and segregation. do you think sbr make money on its poker here? ppl kept asking for more poker promos though so they decided to just give them one that sbr benefited from instead. ppl can get $30 a month free from global poker mail ins if they want more freerolls.

RudyRuetigger

as I have said numerous times, sbr doesn't make money here at sbr because they do not run the promos right

and as I said 4 hours ago, the sbr point system needs a huge overhaul

RudyRuetigger

the prices are somewhat stable right now because walker knew to buy into bitcoin

that's the only reason

watch bitcoin fall and see what happens

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    so first you bitch you cant buy in at any of the tables, then you realize you can but dont want to.
    Yes

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Exactly, don't get it. Nothing like sitting there for an hour and a half to get rivered by some non pro who doesn't give a fuk.
    AWWWW, poor baby

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Thanks Drew. You should post more often

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Just my opinion but this promo makes the poker way worse. I had a hard time being able to find time to play in any given tournament for that day, with what I thought was a respectable 600 points up top and 2k points in prizes. I'd rather not have a promo if it means the daily totals are changed.

I for the record have no issue with raising it to 50 people and/or lowering the amount of people who cash to 8. I think in general those are probably good ideas but the change of points makes the daily poker tournaments pretty much unbearable to sit thru day after day. I'd rather have it not be free and SBR adds to the prize pools.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Oh wow. Wish I knew this before taking out a loan

Rip cash games

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Drew, the new payout structure is a a bad idea.

Eliminate the promo and keep the poker structure as it has been for years.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Drew, the new payout structure is a a bad idea.

Eliminate the promo and keep the poker structure as it has been for years.
    sbr is still losing money on that, which is why they need to develop what I have been saying

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Oh wow. Wish I knew this before taking out a loan

Rip cash games

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51449

Good post. While I'm glad to see the promotions return, I too would prefer current daily structure with no promotion. But obviously what is in SBR's best interest is far from clear - what is best for any individual poster is naturally not the priority. Disappointing for sure for the dailies to be so much less lucrative - again not that I blame SBR, the value they were getting from them was probably close to nothing so why do it. But I do fear this will kill the interest of many players - some might only play enough to make sure they qualify etc. etc. And cash games are already fairly dead, other than omaha on weekends, and this clearly won't help in that regard either.

I don't know. Very easy to make suggestions when spending someone else's $ so no real justification to complain. But after having the dailies be consistent for so many years, and the most lucrative part of poker here - much more so than any promotion is obviously disappointing to have that go down so much. But is what it is!

One thing that I do like though is that the contest time is only two months long - as the old promotions used to be four or so months. This will make it easier for folks who decide to just do one promotion, skip the next and so forth rather than being forced to devote the entire full time if they want to take part in any of the promotions. The general idea of shorter promotions with smaller prizes is in my view a good thing. Rather have two two month promotions which each give away $2000 than a four month promotion which gives away $4000. Just my opinion again though.
    Last edited by ArunSh; 01-12-18 at 01:28 PM.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Is the change in the payout structure permanent? It lays out the change as if it’s just for this contest which ends March 28. What happens in April? Does it revert back?

Poker for points has essentially ended for tournament play. You can play an hour, and if you dodge the bad beats, you walk away with very little in terms of points. Perhaps no points. Literally pointless.
    Last edited by qwertvt; 01-12-18 at 01:59 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

many whined and begged for new poker promos

I hope you all are pleased

I tend to agree with mpas on this one

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Less dailies, less prizes, but each tournament will be longer with more people involved?

I better not find out this was your idea, Drew.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Wow this "promo" blows big time. If you don't finish around the top 10 you would have been better off just not even having the promo at all and just the old format.

The only thing good about this promo is it fcks guys like Bobbywaves big time.

RudyRuetigger

my posts were deleted

ridiculous

drew at it again

where is HMAN????

RudyRuetigger