USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Why Can't We Get SOME Kind of Answer From SBR About Poker Promo's

I mean if they're done then so be it but a simple answer from the home office in Costa Rica cant be that difficult, can it

Lou, Genie, Annie, John....can someone check in?????
    Points Awarded:

mpaschal34 gave USCPHILLYGUY 500 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993425

Stay tuned for new and exciting SBR Poker promos early next year. We've continued to run the daily freeroll tournaments, which are 100% free for SBR Pros to play, while we work on making poker more stable.

Points Awarded:

Slanina gave SBR Forum 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 9 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ArunSh, JAKEPEAVY21, Krashman, bobbywaves, BeerDog99, Slanina, BetOnUnderdogs, hawkeye 16, and pboozer57

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Stay tuned for new and exciting SBR Poker promos early next year. We've continued to run the daily freeroll tournaments, which are 100% free for SBR Pros to play, while we work on making poker more stable.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Great news! Don't get me wrong the dailies are great, but obviously poker is more exciting/fun with a promo involved.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 276

Any chance SBR can add Sit N' Go's? I mean ring games ain't bad but I feel with SNG's tables would fill up at anytime during the day.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

Maybe when SBR does come out with the new promos, people shouldn't bitch about the set up, time, buy in, etc. They may be more inclined to do more for us. Thank you SBR.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
    Any chance SBR can add Sit N' Go's? I mean ring games ain't bad but I feel with SNG's tables would fill up at anytime during the day.
    They had SNG’s a year ago or so, but the blind structure made them all in fest’s after 20 mins or so. If the structure was different I would have played more.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
    we had them for awhile but hardly anyone ever played.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Software not stable?!? No wonder I have 17 first place finishes this year.

For a second I thought I was a good player....now I find out it was a software error.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Really need a poker mod to push activity. No, Doug doesn't count
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave daneblazer 123 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Optional would be a fine candidate if he is interested..
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave JAKEPEAVY21 123 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    we had them for awhile but hardly anyone ever played.

I think if you could clear rollover via SNGs, more people might have played. Not to say I think that should have been done, but if they really wanted to drive the traffic of those, that probably would have been a good way. Don't see why they would really care though.

Something that would really drive traffic there (again not saying they should do this - doubt poker having traffic is high on their list of priorities) is having the promos they had in the old days - the Royal Flush bonus and so forth. Doubt that would happen, but it would certainly be incentive to play more!

Frankly is probably hard to get people motivated about it - only the omaha games seem to have decent traffic on weekends, but ok those are like 100 point buyins, $5 equivalent at most. Hard for any serious player to spend their time there when obviously if they wanted to make real $/play serious poker, higher stakes games would be the ticket.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Jackie Blue?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

I'd be happy to swap doing complaints, and just be S&I and Poker mod if SBR want that. Would quite enjoy the change plus a new challenge to try and get our player numbers up.

Not sure it's really an option right now though. Plus they might need me to be in CR to fully access all that is needed. And as much as i would not mind a month or three in the office, not really up for moving there.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'd be happy to swap doing complaints, and just be S&I and Poker mod if SBR want that. Would quite enjoy the change plus a new challenge to try and get our player numbers up.

Not sure it's really an option right now though. Plus they might need me to be in CR to fully access all that is needed. And as much as i would not mind a month or three in the office, not really up for moving there.
    Opti isn't monitoring Rudy your full time job now

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Opti isn't monitoring Rudy your full time job now
    You're such a shit stirrer!

Rudy and I are fine

Hugh Madbrough
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 276

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    They had SNG’s a year ago or so, but the blind structure made them all in fest’s after 20 mins or so. If the structure was different I would have played more.
    After 20 minutes? Not sure why the need to rush everything. Usually a SNG goes for around an hour/90 minutes max.

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    I think if you could clear rollover via SNGs, more people might have played.
    Monica, see that's what I'm talking about. For the small stakes It should be 25 Points Buy in and 5 Point Entry Fee. 10 players to a table. 3rd takes 30 points, 2nd 70 points and 1st 150. Game starts as soon as table fill ups because they'll be times I want to roll over my points I sit at the table, opponent times out, probably because he's been waiting for hours to play against someone and that's just sad. Time is valuable. On our death beds we'll be looking back at all the time wasted waiting for an opponent. SBR bring back SNG's.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

Guys. SNG's are so 2006. Nobody willing to start tables or play short handed is the problem.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

i 2nd this

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Guys. SNG's are so 2006. Nobody willing to start tables or play short handed is the problem.
    SBR spin n go's would be a cool, new idea

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Haha SBR spin n go lol. Really and when exactly we would play 1M of spins so 3 lucky bastards would spin a jackpot

What i wouldnt mind is HU turbo SNGs. That are only SNGs that makes sense since so little traffic.

But only thing that motivates to play dailies here for me is poker promo. Is long shot to win sth. but is also competition to actually qualify hehe.

Some would say yearly leaderboard is doing that. But we all know who would those be Those that play 95%+ dailies even when there is no poker promo to brag to 50 ppl (and maybe 2 of those really care ).

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Haha SBR spin n go lol. Really and when exactly we would play 1M of spins so 3 lucky bastards would spin a jackpot

What i wouldnt mind is HU turbo SNGs. That are only SNGs that makes sense since so little traffic.

But only thing that motivates to play dailies here for me is poker promo. Is long shot to win sth. but is also competition to actually qualify hehe.

Some would say yearly leaderboard is doing that. But we all know who would those be Those that play 95%+ dailies even when there is no poker promo to brag to 50 ppl (and maybe 2 of those really care ).
    Just making a suggestion pal, SBR poker is dead as hammer

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I just watched a documentary on Attica.... you all need to stop f'n complaining....

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're such a shit stirrer!

Rudy and I are fine

i did not see this post

Phillyguy started shit with me in another thread about this

or maybe at poker table, i forget

he needs a timeout to think about this

RudyRuetigger

what needs to happen at sbrpoker?

simple

rake races

RudyRuetigger

and by the way, I'm not one of these guys that looks at the rake, but I'm sure you could get away with HIGH END rake

so first steps would be:

1. raise rake to what is normal for a site like pokerstars

2. rake races at ring games

3. get the 10am back, charge pros 6 pts and nonpros 18

4. get rid of flipping...that's the easiest and most clear way sbr is losing money in rake

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    and by the way, I'm not one of these guys that looks at the rake, but I'm sure you could get away with HIGH END rake

so first steps would be:

1. raise rake to what is normal for a site like pokerstars

2. rake races at ring games

3. get the 10am back, charge pros 6 pts and nonpros 18

4. get rid of flipping...that's the easiest and most clear way sbr is losing money in rake
    These are some pretty good ideas!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I think the rake is set at a decent amount already.

But agree on flipping....should be banned.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

so thomorino can play poker see he finished 35th today 3pm but can not post what' s up with that

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    so thomorino can play poker see he finished 35th today 3pm but can not post what' s up with that
    He’s probably kept the poker client open so because of a glitch can still play poker

sad he’s not permanently banned as looks like Just a time out. Guys posting with multiple accounts

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

How about ? :

1) Introducing daily mtts for 50+ 5 pts / 100 + 10 pts / 200 + 20 pts -> people will buy in from points won from free tournies

2) Introduce weekly major for 500 pts or 1000 pts. People will look whole week for that tourney. They will save pts , try to win some playing other tournies or cash

3) With some goals like higher buy ins tournies people will start creating cash game action, without that there is basically no point of playing exept fun.

4) Create shorthanded tables. More action = more people thrilled = more rake.

5) Then you can thing about introducing some other things. I got plenty of other ideas. This is site with plenty of members so potential is also great. Look how many people ocasional tournies like left turkey one or holiday one
    ( which Im sure is coming ) attracts.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

How about eliminating non pros from the daily's for starters? I am sick of losing out with pocket K's to some jackoff, who has nothing to play for, raising me all in with a 5,6 offsuit only to be paid off for his stupidity.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

You're wrong! We had 10:00 AM for eons and need it back.

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Maybe when SBR does come out with the new promos, people shouldn't bitch about the set up, time, buy in, etc. They may be more inclined to do more for us. Thank you SBR.

12 Last