RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

it was chip dumping for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    shari stated not all to long ago that flippin' was a bannable offense......
    no she didn't say that

but it needs to be

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    it was chip dumping for sure

no she didn't say that

but it needs to be
    Whoever thinks flipping should be a bannable offense is an idiot. At least 30% of our poker players would be banned.

The main reason you're a constant broke dikk, is due to your not flipping.

Basically you need to get lucky twice due to your lack of poker skills: You need to get lucky by cashing in a tourney, then get lucky by rolling your winnings 3x. How's that been working out for you chump?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52313

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Whoever thinks flipping should be a bannable offense is an idiot. At least 30% of our poker players would be banned.

As someone who flips quite often (though I also rollover the usual way oftentimes as well, maybe 50/50 of each), I don't agree with this. While SBR has said flipping is ok, it would not be unreasonable for them to make flipping against the rules. Really just depends on their motivations. Many keep talking about the rake in question which doesn't really make sense to me - given how many points they give away every week in the dailies, that they would input some policy to make sure people can only cash out say 90% of the points that the dailies award rather than 95% seems like a silly motivation. If they were concerned with issues like that, then the solution would be to simply not run the dailies at all.

So under the assumption that the goal behind rollover is not because they are desperate to get that 5-10% rake back from the dailies, it seems clear the intention is to promote more playing + a healthier environment of games and so on. And since flipping is obviously not conducive to that, it would make perfect sense to me that they might ban it. As someone who flips all the time, I would completely understand that and be fine with it. Probably would be better for me in a way as I'm quite sure that I wind up winning more often than losing when I actually play (while flipping of course is guaranteed to be slightly -EV in the long-term). Sure I prefer flipping still since it's much faster, but that's obviously not the site's goal so if they chose to do that would be totally understandable to me.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave ArunSh 123 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I roll the usual cash game way myself with smaller rolls, since small rolls are hard to flip at low stakes tables being occupied by many players. Especially when half the poker tables were removed for whatever reason. I could clear more pts in cash games also, but my time is more valuable than grinding rolls for hours in cash games.

Obviously SBR can do what they want regarding flipping, it's their site. Previous points made about rake is why SBR allows flipping, since the bottom line is they are getting rake from flippers. Since rake is being received, what could possibly be illegal about flipping & made into a bannable offense?

First 1234