Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

okay you guys might think I'm crazy, but some extra plays...

Spurs TT over 110 pts

Harden U29.5 pts -140

Parker O14.5 pts -120

Leonard O29.5 pts -120

Ibaka O13.5 pts -120

Love O17.5 pts -120

Lowry O19.5 pts -120

DeRozan pk pts vs Irving -130

Thompson pk rbs vs James -130

Ballerholic

May 1st

Poker: $-69.56

Bonuses/Rakeback: $159

Sports: $3.21

So poker has been going better and after all of that work and risk on sports I managed to come out with a small profit. At the moment I've decided I want to open a poker stable. So I've got in contact with some microstake players at 2NL and I'm going to groom them to play 5NL and higher. Basically we will split profits 50/50, but I do provide them a bankroll. What do you guys think?

Also probably not much poker these next few days with exams so soon.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Good luck but seriously youll probably be scammed for 50$ lots of time. Who needs staking at NL2 really lol if you cant deposit 20$ yourself is already sth. smelly.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Some honest opinions, baller:

1) How do u generate plays on the NBA props? I see a lot of -120 juice. Break-even rate to beat -120 over time is approaching 55%. Not ez.

2) Why bankroll them?

Ballerholic

Slik- Yea that's what a lot of people are saying. Basically I go to micro forums on 2+2 and look at people posting hand analysis. If I like what I see and I think they have potential I'll take them on. I've got a soft site for them to play on that is easily beatable and they should have no problem winning there.

Chuck-

1) Yea not easy, but I think books know less about player props then they would ATS or O/U which is why they offer them at -120. If I see an edge I'll play it. Basically I look at what the books are offering, and then look at player averages for different stats. Say for the playoffs they played a more defensive team in Round 1, then in Round 2 they should have better offensive stats. Also, matchups play big part.

2) I thought I'd bankroll them since that's the only way I could get them to split profits with me. Small risk for probably small reward as well, but could be fun.

Ballerholic

some plays for tonight...

Wizards +5.5

Crowder O13.5 pts

Wall pk pts vs Beal

Gortat O24.5 pts, rbs, ass

Gobert O25.5 pts, rbs, ass

Thomas O28.5 pts

Ballerholic

I won't do a proper update today as now poker was played last night. But made $18.50 in sports. I've been in talks with somebody about staking me for a 65/35 profit split my favor. I'm not too sure though yet. This would be nice as it allows my current BR of ~$800 (I just got paid for the month) to be used for any emergencies as I will be using poker as a main source of income. It also allows me to not play scared with my money which is a big mental game leak of mine. Anyway, I've already taken a play for tomorrow night which I want to pound, but will only make a 2 unit play for now...

Wizards -5 2u

You could argue that the Wizards should be up 2-0 right now. They should have probably at least covered both times. Now they go back home where they are extremely dominant and have bullied the Celts in the regular season. John Wall plays lights out at home. This is a do or die game and these teams hate each other, I expect Wiz to perform. I really want to put 4 units on this, but honesty the Wizards in my mind cover this spread 65% of the time. So there is a good chance they still don't.

*Tonight I expect Kawhi Leonard to go off. He didn't play that many minutes the first game and that was due to being down big and he still put up decent numbers. This is a do or die game for the spurs and as their only real offensive thread this playoffs he should go off against a bad defensive team. That might have to be a 2 unit play as well. I also might take Spurs ATS.

slikec

Bwin have again this week nice promo lol. Happy hour 2x per day 18-19 CET and 23-24 CET more in link:
    https://poker.bwin.com/en/poker/promotions/7000/70/7060

Today i made 2x 25p or 2x12,5$ rake and i got 2x5,5$ 2x,2,2 2x1,1$ 2x0,55$ and 2x0,22$ or for 25$ rake i got 19,14$ value of tickets lol on top of that if you have bonus is clearing Sadly i am not comfortable playing 8 tables NL50 to go for 11$ ticket aswell. Tickets only last week but np lower BI eneter coinflip lol higher BI ill play some on weekend.

Ballerholic

Slik- Damn the promo is on again? I need to get over to bwin. They've been the way better site as of late compared to pokerstars imo.

So as I posed before I had Wizards -5 for 2 units. I contemplated making it 4 units, but when my BR is $500, I really shouldn't be risking 8% on 1 play. Anyway, that play hit and now the BR is looking even better. No official update, but I'll try to play some poker tonight and update tomorrow.

Ballerholic

Some plays...

DeRozan pts vs Irving -120 2 units

Rockets to win series -130

Ballerholic

May 6th

Long time no update as very busy at the moment, but are some numbers over the past few days.

Poker: $-104.15

Bonuses/Rakeback:
    $159

Sports: $61.71

So lost a little playing poker, although I've only played 1.5 hours. In sports I've done very well. Currently have the Houston series pending.

Liverpool to win -163

Draw or Man United -125

Ballerholic

May 11th

Profit: $-104.15

Bonuses/Rakeback: $159

Sports: $40.95

A played a few games over the past few days so slightly down in the sports profit. Still busy with exams so no time to play. Although only about a week left until I go almost full time player poker. Should be exciting! Some games...

Harden O29.5 pts -130 (2u)

*Will take Rockets live if I can get a good number

Ballerholic

Ok guys, I think this might be my last update for this thread. I just finished my last real exam and the summer is officially underway. I've decided that I am going to be playing poker as a primary source of income. Therefore, I would like to start a new thread to keep track of this journey starting from scratch. Since my whole summer is going to basically be playing poker I'll post some hands and probably write more about poker. It should be interesting as I'm either going to do well or fail and basically not be able to pay rent.

slikec

Good luck !

Few suggestions:
    1. Focus on what you can influence(those are points below) and try to be immune to what you cant(losing 10flips in row getting with lower set vs set 5x in row etc.)!
    2. Bankroll management!
    3. Planning! Like how many hours per week you gonna play and if you wanna step it up a notch already make schedule with when you play when you study when you chill etc. Ofc at start you should make that flexible but over month you should get the picture how long your sessions can be and how many per day you can have and if you need 1 2 day off weekly or just few hours every day off etc.

As i said before good luck

stevebets90
    stevebets90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Ok guys, I think this might be my last update for this thread. I just finished my last real exam and the summer is officially underway. I've decided that I am going to be playing poker as a primary source of income. Therefore, I would like to start a new thread to keep track of this journey starting from scratch. Since my whole summer is going to basically be playing poker I'll post some hands and probably write more about poker. It should be interesting as I'm either going to do well or fail and basically not be able to pay rent.
    Not sure if the last sentence was a joke about not being able to pay rent if things don't go well but here is my thoughts. If your choosing to play poker as a main source of income (go professional) you want to have at least 4-5 months worth of expenses put away somewhere to cover all your bills. Too many people I know started the transition into playing professionally with less money than they should have. You can't predict when you may go on a downswing but at some point it will happen. That's inevitable so you want to make sure you can comfortably play the stakes your at without having to worry and be distracted about how your going to afford to pay your rent if you lose. That just adds extra stress.

Ballerholic

slik- thanks man! I've been planning this for a few weeks now. It's interesting because I'm close to shot taking 50NL, but I'll need to be good with my BRM at be a nit. To help me with tilt I've got some mental game books I'll be reading. If anything I think the mental game is where people lose money playing poker.

steve- haha yea it's mainly a joke, but it is a possibility. I'm mainly just trying to do this as my main source of income for the summer and then I'll re-evaulate in August. In which I've got about 1 month's savings, and even more in my bankroll. So I really should be ok for the summer if everything went wrong. But I agree, without a safety net and being able to have big losing days I don't think anybody could do this

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Good luck Baller. Remember to have some fun during the summer! Maybe make it out to vegas during the week a lot of the guys are going.

Ballerholic

Thanks Beerdog! Yea summer is about having fun, I can't forget that. I don't know if I'll be able to make it out to vegas, maybe if I sun run this summer. Hopefully I can hit vegas next year!

First ... 4567