Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

I like Berger cause he's Canadian and Josephy because he started with the BIG STACK

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Vayo ran so hot near the end I can't bet him taking it down more than 20% of the time so not at that price for me. He did bink a 500k score in September but his results before don't tell me he's a closer. The more I look at these guys the more I like Ruzicka and Benger(cringe). Both, especially Ruzicka, have some impressive results for +900 dogs. I also like Hallaert simply because of table position. He starts on the button, he's got position on over 200million chips AND is giving up position to the 4 smallest stacks. As long as he doesn't get coolered in blind confrontations with the shortys I like his chances.

SharpAngles

Interesting...

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2016/...rt-1-26003.htm

The Quick Takeaways

Since the winner of the WSOP Main Event is considered poker's world champion, our initial statistical analysis focused on who won the simulations. Steve Blay said he was amazed how close the data came to the actual predicted values, as he'd expected the numbers to be all over the place.

However, what most people might find the most surprising is that Qui Nguyen won 26 out of 100 times - The most of any player. As it was designed to do, the Nguyen bot played the riverboat gambler to perfection and it paid off. The fact he was only up by nine percent overall indicates he likely crashed and burned a bunch of times as well, which only serves as further proof this bot was the gambler of the bunch.

It was also somewhat surprising that chip leader and clear favorite Cliff Josephyunderperformed, winning only 17 of the 100 simulations. He was expected to win 22, but the fact that his average money won was down only seven percent overall suggested he finished rather high in most of the simulations, as one would expect.

Fernando Pons managed to win five times, although he was predicted to only win twice. He also won 19 percent more prize money than was expected, leading the group in that category. Blay figured the bot's no-fear attitude contributed greatly to its ability to punch above its weight on average.

The rest of the group won about as many times as predicted, with Griffin Benger's experience edge leading to a couple extra wins. Jerry Wong won only one time, twice less than predicted, suggesting his bot made a consistent effort to double up early as designed, but simply could not get lucky enough times in this sample size to make it count.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

lol griffen benger

used to player counter strike against him like 15 years ago

he was shaGuar, complete weirdo

his dad made a documentary on him

SharpAngles

No stories of verbal abuse or him checking your social privilege from those CS days?

I know a few guys who got into poker from gaming who had nothing positive to say about this character as well.

Can't argue his results though.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Vayo ran so hot near the end I can't bet him taking it down more than 20% of the time so not at that price for me. He did bink a 500k score in September but his results before don't tell me he's a closer. The more I look at these guys the more I like Ruzicka and Benger(cringe). Both, especially Ruzicka, have some impressive results for +900 dogs. I also like Hallaert simply because of table position. He starts on the button, he's got position on over 200million chips AND is giving up position to the 4 smallest stacks. As long as he doesn't get coolered in blind confrontations with the shortys I like his chances.
    check his online stats from back in the day

dude won about 1.5 million on pokerstars alone under the name, Holla@yoboy

not sure how much he won elsewhere online but being deep in a tourney is nothing new to him

yes, he did get very lucky but he has a big stack now and I expect him to do well

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

JAKEPEAVY21

Jay, I know Benger is Canadian, but you can't tell me that was nothing short of embarrassing behavior by him?

I thought you Canucks were supposed to be mellow? Benger had a complete and total meltdown.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Jay, I know Benger is Canadian, but you can't tell me that was nothing short of embarrassing behavior by him?

I thought you Canucks were supposed to be mellow? Benger had a complete and total meltdown.
    There are a lot of asshole Canadians too. Just a smaller percentage of the population.... :-)

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    There are a lot of asshole Canadians too. Just a smaller percentage of the population.... :-)
    are Canadians behind him or think that he's a douche?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I'm behind him. I think that if you appreciate Kasouf's game then you have appreciate Bengers response.
    If you are gonna flip out on a player and it's not Phil, it oughtta to be Kasouf.

I think he acted the way he did to ensure he was getting all of Kasouf's chips.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I'm behind him. I think that if you appreciate Kasouf's game then you have appreciate Bengers response.
    If you are gonna flip out on a player and it's not Phil, it oughtta to be Kasouf.

Kassouf did his thing without name calling or yelling at the opponent

Benger had something snap and just went ballistic

what Benger says to the media after the fact is damage control IMO

that said, he is clearly one of the more skilled players

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

Thats a cute fairy tale but not what happened. He was 45 degrees tilted. At least even if he lost his life is awesome and Willys sucks

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

You're right.
    I doubt it was inticing a shove.
    He just lost it.
    For that kinda cash I'd probably cross the table and punch him in the throat.
    I'm a donkey.
    Both these guys play for big cash all the time and should always be professional.

JAKEPEAVY21

thankfully Benger is out

I don't even care who wins now as long as it was not him

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

finally caught up on all this..... the little gay canadian (no, not benger, but the guy whose dad and sister flew in just to see him waves his way into a little deeper money before donkin' totally out -- i think he called someone "scum" -- hadn't heard that in 25-30 years) may be the absolute worst player to have ever run this deep.....

and the absolute worst play I saw (only watched from 27 or so left to the nov. 9 being set) was the dumbass (i think he name was Olbst) who calls off half his stack on the turn with a flush draw, then hits the f'n flush, and folds to nguyen's trip fives despite having got there.... clearly didn't think that shit thru; most baffling bullshit ever at this supposed "high level" of play

as for the idiot british lawyer.... one of my patented deep-voiced "go fuk yourself"'s followed up by a "dude, just shut the fuk up when you're in a hand with me" stated with a look on my face like I planned to kill him, and at least I wouldn't have to listen to that stupid shit.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 10-31-16 at 08:31 AM.

Auto Donk

thankfully Benger is out

I don't even care who wins now as long as it was not him
    wait a minute.... this shit is the October nine? already started? i thought it was still a week away

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    wait a minute.... this shit is the October nine? already started? i thought it was still a week away
    down to 5, live on espn2 at 8pm

Auto Donk

so much for the effin' "november 9"

SharpAngles

Qui Nguyen is the only one trying to take this thing down. Good things happen when you're aggressive which is how he got Hallaert to stack off a 27bb push with AQ.

Laughed my ass off when I heard Benger blame a bad run of cards for his 7th place. Guy brutally misplayed 2 hands for half his stack. Ruzickas rail full of Czech your privilege shirts probably tilted him all over again.

JAKEPEAVY21

here are the 5 remaining players and chip counts:

Qui Nguyen — 128,625,000
    Cliff Josephy — 63,850,000
    Vojtech Ruzicka — 62,250,000
    Gordon Vayo — 58,200,000
    Michael Ruane — 23,700,000

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I thought so too, and then I saw him make the insane (and wrong) fold of the flush on episode 14, with almost no stack. You see that one? So I dunno, I'm sure James Obst is very good but also likes to try a bit too hard to make hero folds.
    worst play i've seen so far.... why the fook are callin the turn for half your remaining stack in the obvious hope of hitting a flush; then hit the flush only to fold after it paired the board with 5s, after turning a five....

only hand that beats him is the very unlikely boat or similarly unlikely higher flush.....

once he shipped half his chips on the turn, he as to call once he flushes....

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Donk, good stuff. I've been watching this stuff. My thoughts:

1) "Liwinski" is the Canadian who called Josephy "scum" when he rivered a Q for winner, after calling 2nd-pair 2x. Liwinski not the best player, that's for sure. But he was well-behaved and had fun w/ it. He was a breath of fresh air compared to Kassouff and did put a dent into Kassouff, too.

ChuckyTheGoat

2) Obst must be a pretty good player. Was involved in some hi-pressure pots, w/ some tough decisions. Win or lose, I don't think he got all of em right based on chip-stack. The hands that come to mind:

a) The 3-way limped pot w/ Vornicu. Norman Chad had a great line about not "going broke in a limped pot." It's a great idea, limp in for minimum. Flop big, improve on turn for monster. Should be a huge tell if your bet size increases exponentially: 2, 10, 20, 40! On paired board w/ mid-range pair (7-9), makes so much sense that it hammered Vornicu's limp range.

b) Folding the Full House vs the straight-flush. There's a difference btw being RIGHT and playing the hand CORRECTLY. U make your hand on the river, bet out and get raised. Based on the amount of $$ in the pot, how can u fold? Of course, he wound up being right, but there was a very NARROW range of hands u lost to. Only a few possible combinations.

ChuckyTheGoat

c) See item B. The late hand vs Nguyen. After being right on the fold vs Str-Flush, I do think Obst had this idea of hero-fold in his head. "If I don't have super-nuts, I can fold and wait for better hand."

He got it into his head that Nguyen must have been slow-playing a Set. The weird thing about that hand was that Nguyen overplayed A5(o) pre-flop, missed the flop and then froze.

That late in a tournament, u can't "make a big hand" and then fold. U just hope for the best and live w/ it.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Donk, good stuff. I've been watching this stuff. My thoughts:

1) "Liwinski" is the Canadian who called Josephy "scum" when he rivered a Q for winner, after calling 2nd-pair 2x. Liwinski not the best player, that's for sure. But he was well-behaved and had fun w/ it. He was a breath of fresh air compared to Kassouff and did put a dent into Kassouff, too.
    agree to disagree that this guy was a breath of fresh air

I have nothing against geeks, but something about him I did not like

I'd much rather have a few beers with Kasouff than Liwinski

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    worst play i've seen so far.... why the fook are callin the turn for half your remaining stack in the obvious hope of hitting a flush; then hit the flush only to fold after it paired the board with 5s, after turning a five....

only hand that beats him is the very unlikely boat or similarly unlikely higher flush.....

once he shipped half his chips on the turn, he as to call once he flushes....
    Worst play so far has been at the FT. Benger folding the 99 short stacked is a horrible hand, or Hallaert losing his mind with AQ 30bb deep. Of course I bet on these 2 clowns At least Qui Nguyen was my other play

As for Obst's folding the flush, Hero folds feel as good as Hero calls.

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Poker Other Sports Money Line
    World Series of Poker - Main Event 2016
    must participate in final table for action
    Mon 10/31 401 Qui Nguyen wins WSOP 2016 +160
    7:30PM 402 Field wins WSOP 2016 -185
    Mon 10/31 403 Cliff Josephy wins WSOP 2016 +345
    7:30PM 404 Field wins WSOP 2016 -430
    Mon 10/31 405 Vojtech Ruzicka wins WSOP 2016 +350
    7:30PM 406 Field wins WSOP 2016 -440
    Mon 10/31 407 Gordon Vayo wins WSOP 2016 +475
    7:30PM 408 Field wins WSOP 2016 -650
    Mon 10/31 409 Michael Ruane wins WSOP 2016 +1000
    7:30PM 410 Field wins WSOP 2016 -1500

Pounding Cliff and Ruzicka

no homo

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Heyeverybody99 View Post
    Poker Other Sports Money Line
    World Series of Poker - Main Event 2016
    Mon 10/31 401 Qui Nguyen wins WSOP 2016 +160
    7:30PM 402 Field wins WSOP 2016 -185
    Mon 10/31 403 Cliff Josephy wins WSOP 2016 +345
    7:30PM 404 Field wins WSOP 2016 -430
    Mon 10/31 405 Vojtech Ruzicka wins WSOP 2016 +350
    7:30PM 406 Field wins WSOP 2016 -440
    Mon 10/31 407 Gordon Vayo wins WSOP 2016 +475
    7:30PM 408 Field wins WSOP 2016 -650
    Mon 10/31 409 Michael Ruane wins WSOP 2016 +1000
    7:30PM 410 Field wins WSOP 2016 -1500

Pounding Cliff and Ruzicka

no homo
    I have a feeling Nguyen won't win

I'd take Vayo and Ruzicka

SharpAngles

just grabbed a piece of Vayo at +475. Benger and Hallaert crashed and burned but still live with Nguyen +415 from yesterday so can't complain too much.

Vayo positioned behind the timid johnnybax and the gambling Nguyen, feel like its a good spot for him at this price. Really impressed by Ruzicka but he's got the worst seat draw with the monster stack to his left. Can't play him at only +350

SharpAngles

I have a feeling Nguyen won't win
    Jaker one thing my years of playing poker has taught me is never fade a guy wearing jade around his neck.

ChuckyTheGoat

He bluffed it off! Rosie Ruzicka hit the post!

JAKEPEAVY21

Ruzicka just bluffed his whole stack away to Vayo

Ruzicka left with less than 1 big blind after the hand

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    just grabbed a piece of Vayo at +475. Benger and Hallaert crashed and burned but still live with Nguyen +415 from yesterday so can't complain too much.

Vayo positioned behind the timid johnnybax and the gambling Nguyen, feel like its a good spot for him at this price. Really impressed by Ruzicka but he's got the worst seat draw with the monster stack to his left. Can't play him at only +350

You'reinGoodShapeNow!

ChuckyTheGoat

If Vayo wins, he'll surely retract wedding proposal and Play the Field.

First 12345 Last