AUSTINRUSSELL
    Born with Aces
    AUSTINRUSSELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3031

The Next Poker Contest?

So I've been checking daily for news of the next poker contest. Only to be let down for weeks now. I will say I understand why there wasn't one 2 weeks ago. (There was issues with the software) however now the software seems to be running perfect. One might even go out a limb and say better than ever. (I saw AA hold up against 99 and 66 Auto Donk got eliminated and cried a little but it wasn't to bad)

So really what I am getting at is can someone on SBR staff please let us know what is going on?

Thanks -Somepokerplayerthatcomplainsbecauseweall dobutnotquiteasmuchasafewothers
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ballerholic

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I assumed there be none as SBR is paying for those of us who are going to the bash in Punta Cana.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Not gonna lie.. I kind of like it. Less players in the tournaments means less bingo play, which has meant around 2000 in poker points over the past 2 weeks. The contests are fun, but a lot of them are crap shoots (100 in a turbo tourney for PPC or top 24 US players make WC teams when 80% of player base is from the US)

I'd be all for SBR only running a single contest a year, over the course of like 3 months. Put all their poker points/money budget into it and make it great like BTP.
    Last edited by astro61200; 09-14-16 at 02:00 AM.

AUSTINRUSSELL
    Born with Aces
    AUSTINRUSSELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3031

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Not gonna lie.. I kind of like it. Less players in the tournaments means less bingo play, which has meant around 2000 in poker points over the past 2 weeks. The contests are fun, but a lot of them are crap shoots (100 in a turbo tourney for PPC or top 24 US players make WC teams when 80% of player base is from the US)

I'd be all for SBR only running a single contest a year, over the course of like 3 months. Put all their poker points/money budget into it and make it great like BTP.
    I agree one great contest would be amazing. However if we can not have that I'd be happy with 4 mediocre contests.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

I'd like to see month long tournaments that earn seats into a player of the year tourney.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'd like to see month long tournaments that earn seats into a player of the year tourney.
    I kinda like that idea as well... Maybe take top 15-20 point earners from each month, if someone makes it more than one month they just take the next person down.

Good idea for something new.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

There are probably a dozen great ideas that have been kicked around the poker forum over the years, any one of those will do. But as astro said, the main benefit of the tourneys is the points you win in dailies regardless of contests....dailies still running without a contest is easily 90% of the value

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Cash game race

Top 10 earners win prizes

Keep running the dailies and allow RO buy in

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by AUSTINRUSSELL View Post
    So I've been checking daily for news of the next poker contest. Only to be let down for weeks now. I will say I understand why there wasn't one 2 weeks ago. (There was issues with the software) however now the software seems to be running perfect. One might even go out a limb and say better than ever. (I saw AA hold up against 99 and 66 Auto Donk got eliminated and cried a little but it wasn't to bad)

So really what I am getting at is can someone on SBR staff please let us know what is going on?

Thanks -Somepokerplayerthatcomplainsbecauseweall dobutnotquiteasmuchasafewothers
    wtf? i wasn't in any hand with aa 99 and 66, and don't cry ever when i get eliminated..... unless "f u sbr" is crying in your f'n book, as that's what I ALWAYS type in when I lose yet another 80-20 favorite when the money goes in and I hit the rail.... I generally type it in five times per week, 4 if I happen to win

last night, first hand, my kk gets rivered by aq.... at least I only had to waste one minute playing the shitty site...... and yes, I gave SBR another "f u" for letting the fukstick hit his three outer

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Break the Waves.
    Anyone who knocks out or outlasts Bobbywaves In a tournament scores points. That would mean Bobby would have to play every single tournament but I'm sure he'd be up for it.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Break the Waves.
    Anyone who knocks out or outlasts Bobbywaves In a tournament scores points. That would mean Bobby would have to play every single tournament but I'm sure he'd be up for it.
    What benefit does "Break the Waves" offer me? I don't see any benefit.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

You dont need a something added boobywaves, you play everyday without for free.

I would like to see the WSOP seat given away next year

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

fukkin waves... "what's my benefit?"

you f'n handout-seeking foodstamp welfare mother fukker....

that selfish "what's in it for me" attitutude is what got you fired, on unemployment, and makes you unemployable.....

go fuk yourself you pathetic punk