greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Waves vs Donk 2017 Poker Contest

What were the final stipulations for this thing?

I know it was a year long deal with highest average return. I'm sure there is a minimum tournaments played to qualify but since the discussions happened over several threads, this might be the best place to hammer it all out.

Also, lets make this thread where posters can wager against each other on who they think will win.

Best of luck gentlemen, I look forward to the back and forth throughout the year.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    What were the final stipulations for this thing?

I know it was a year long deal with highest average return. I'm sure there is a minimum tournaments played to qualify but since the discussions happened over several threads, this might be the best place to hammer it all out.

Also, lets make this thread where posters can wager against each other on who they think will win.

Best of luck gentlemen, I look forward to the back and forth throughout the year.
    The two camps seems to be locked up in disputes over the terms: Team Donk is open to this and a variety of skill-based formats which don't favor the unemployed bobbo who can play every day. Team Bobbo is opposed, as they 1) prefer to define 'return' differently from the rest of the world, 2) are disinclined to accept any actual challenges given their record of losing them without a large handicap, and 3) are otherwise occupied by the fact that their welfare benefits need to be re-certified and by the fact that most of the team members are figments of bobbo's imagination.

Would have been an interesting contest, but bobbo made it very clear that he prefers not to back up his trash talk, and that any attempts to point that out to him will be met with a reminder of the one time he won at something. Probably another wasted thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristBar View Post
    Thanx for your sharing I hope that everything will be fine and as for me I like playing on --- because on this site there are also many contests and another things which all people like it
    ...except wait, we found the only guy on the poker forum who doesn't know the obvious! CB, just search for "bobbo" and review some of that material, should give you a pretty good understanding of the situation. To help with skimming through this massive data, you can easily locate the detailed truth by searching for posts containing '29k' and reading the post preceding it
    Last edited by SBR Genie; 09-09-16 at 09:46 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

the pussy ducked me.... wants no part of any contest unless he can be assured he gets to play 20-30 more daily trnies than me.

without an angle, he knows he has no chance.

he had no interest in doing a contest in which he couldn't gain an advantage....

funny, he played approx 20 more trnies than I did in 2015 -- the one year we had a yearly challenge -- and I still soundly kicked his ass....

avg. pts per trny for the year, with all trny results "screenshotted" or otherwise confirmed to count, was rejected, as he knows I'd beat the shit out of him.... I'd even limit it to dailies only, but the wussy won't go for it

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

My offer of a 2017 annual challenge offer of total pts or total cashes still stands.

Solicit a loan broke dikk Donkey & post up with Yisman.

greenhippo

I'm a bit confused, why would total cashes me worthy of a challenge? Then the player who plays considerably more would win, it's not even a challenge at that point. I thought the agreement was average cash as that actually dictates skill. I'm sure I saw Waves agree to something that involves a skill component and not entirely based on who has the most free time every single day.

bobbywaves

I'm a bit confused, why would total cashes me worthy of a challenge? Then the player who plays considerably more would win, it's not even a challenge at that point.
    Just because someone plays more tourney's, doesn't mean they're cashing in those extra tourney's. We both have the same opportunity to play the same amount of tourney's. If my opponent doesn't take the challenge seriously & plays less tourney's than me, exactly how is that my problem? I offered total cashes or total pts, both show skill. If you or Donkey don't like my challenge, then don't accept it.

I thought the agreement was average cash as that actually dictates skill. I'm sure I saw Waves agree to something that involves a skill component and not entirely based on who has the most free time every single day.
    Show where I agreed to an average cash challenge, that was Donkey's ignorant idea. Since there's no entry fee for poker tourney's, you can't prove how many tourney's were played by each opponent. Unless you take daily screenshots & add up all the screenshots at the end of year, to figure out an average cash. That's a lot of extra work I'm not willing to do. I obviously don't trust Donkey to do this extra work & I'm not interested in babysitting Donkey's tourney's, just to take a daily screenshot of his results.

SBR keeps track of total pts & total cashes for the year. Very simple, no extra work involved.
    Last edited by bobbywaves; 09-09-16 at 08:29 PM.

greenhippo

I see where the issue is then. Looks like Waves is saying he and Donk should play an equal amount of tournaments then. Waves knows that no one has the same ability to play the same tournaments as another player, it doesn't matter which ones they play, as long as the ones played are equal. Smart idea Waves, I like it. Now we wait to see if Donk agrees.

Triple_D_Bet

I see where the issue is then. Looks like Waves is saying he and Donk should play an equal amount of tournaments then. Waves knows that no one has the same ability to play the same tournaments as another player, it doesn't matter which ones they play, as long as the ones played are equal. Smart idea Waves, I like it. Now we wait to see if Donk agrees.
    Finally bobbo gets it! Looking forward to Donk agreeing and this contest

Also, bobbo sounds a lot smarter when you paraphrase him hippo...he should definitely look at using you as a spokesman to start trying to salvage his rep around here

bobbywaves

Waves knows that no one has the same ability to play the same tournaments as another player
    I know nothing of the sort. Donkey & I have the same opportunity to play all the dailies offered in 2017. If Donkey chooses to miss some tourney's, exactly how is that my problem? Likewise, if I miss any tourney's that's not Donkey's problem.

Feel free to start posting up yourself, by shipping Yisman 2pts/day until you're out of pts. Then we can have a 2017 annual challenge, for roughly 500 pts or so.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    bobbo gets it!
    Obviously.

Looking forward to Donk agreeing and this contest
    Me too, unfortunately the broke dikk Donkey needs to solicit a loan prior to posting up.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Obviously.

Me too, unfortunately the broke dikk Donkey needs to solicit a loan prior to posting up.
    Good to see you agreeing that the contest needs to count an equal number of tournaments for both players, otherwise it's just participation and not skill. But remember, you need to let hippo do the talking for you...he sounds like he knows whats going on, which is not the impression you give when you say things yourself

Auto Donk

I know nothing of the sort. Donkey & I have the same opportunity to play all the dailies offered in 2017. If Donkey chooses to miss some tourney's, exactly how is that my problem? Likewise, if I miss any tourney's that's not Donkey's problem.

Feel free to start posting up yourself, by shipping Yisman 2pts/day until you're out of pts. Then we can have a 2017 annual challenge, for roughly 500 pts or so.
    waves, don't play coy or be such a f'n idiot.... it's obviously one or the other on this much-belabored point....

each year, unlike you, I spend weeks at a time in some of the most desirable travel locales in the world to vacay with a beautiful natural d's brunette that I'm lucky to call my wife (Jamaica, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Cancun, etc.). Additionally, I spend a week or two in Florida each summer when I don't play poker by agreement with her, as it generally revolves around her family, and she doesn't want me spedning even an hour per day on a free poker site, wasting time.

Throw in a trip or two to Vegas, where only an idiot would spend time in a hotel room playing free poker on SBR when there are juicy games all over town that could easily produce 100x-1,000x the $30.00 max prize in a daily, and you see why your stupid fukkin' angle shooting ass only wants to challange me to a contest where your advantage of being an umemployed, sit-on-your-ass piece of white trash in a scuzzy run down gang-infested neighborhood, with a broken down hubcapless 82 ford tauras parked out front (giving you no opportunity to even leave the shanty if you even wanted to), such that you play 20-30 more dailies than me and thus receive an advantage.

For example, Waves, this Dec. 11-18th, while you're sitting there plinking away on SBR, running your timebank to one second before shoving it all in on SBR, I'll be aboard the biggest cruise ship in Royal Caribbean's world-wide fleet, the Allure of the Seas, sailing out of beautiful Miami to the Western Carribbean Sea for a week, gearing up for and playing in their Grand Championship $150,000.00+ NLHE Trny.... I won't be sitting at an SBR table watching your lame stalling-shove technique..... Such is the benefit of crushing the final trny on the last night of my cruise this past April, to win a free cruise and entry into said Grand Championship trny..... (by the way, punk, the buyin to said trny is only $1,500 bucks, if you want to come down to Miami this December and board the cruise and give it a whirl.....) I've got a balcony stateroom with my own hottub in it, and will have you up for a round of champagne after I take down the championship..... No, you can't get in the hottub with the wife and I, but you can look at her beautiful rack 2-3 times before hitting the f'n trail.....

In 2015, despite your playing 20+ more trnies than me, I still beat your ass soundly despite your advantage..... You sat on a big block of government cheese each day grinding away-- while crips and Latin Kings stole the siding off your house and your igloo cooler off your porch -- and missed only one daily that year, and still couldn't best The Donk.

you say you "know nothing of the sort...." you're a lying sack of shit...... I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, to see if a proposal is out there that reduces your obvious angle in this yearly competition format, but will readily accept anything reasonable that is based on fundamental fairness, with no party having an obvious advantage over the other.....

now, let me go read the rest of this thread......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 09-10-16 at 07:57 AM.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

is this the only poker series running on sbr right now? no long-term leaderboard thing going?

Auto Donk

Good to see you agreeing that the contest needs to count an equal number of tournaments for both players, otherwise it's just participation and not skill. But remember, you need to let hippo do the talking for you...he sounds like he knows whats going on, which is not the impression you give when you say things yourself
    I'll certainly agree to a set no. of trnies, or an avg. pts per daily trny played. Or a situation where every trny we actually play is counted toward our Avg. pts won per trny.... for example, he plays 270 for the year, he has to count all 270 (he can't just cherry pick 200 top results, and exclude all of the whiffs like those he's amassed during the past week, when he's hit the rail almost as fast as he did at last year's Bash, finishing near the bottom of the list)..... and if i play only 220, every trny result will be included.....

the "snipping tool" makes it easy to screenshot the final leaderboard each day of the respective trnies we play in, said screenshots can easily be put into one folder on our computers. Also, there'd be a Donk/Wussywaves yearly challenge leaderboard thread, which we could post said screen shots in and otherwise run a daily tally...... calculating our average each day after results much like a simple batting avg. during the mlb season.... hardly difficult to do, and it'd be easy to see each day, possibly even generating some interest on the board.... (well, at least it might until I ran away with the competition and was -- to continue the mlb analogy -- batting .315 compared to waves' .189......)

face it waves, I know i'd beat the shit out of you as I did in 2015 even if I gave you an extra 30 trnies and accepted your format.... History would indeed repeat itself.... But having seen you try to work every f'n angle imaginable since I joined this site, I simply don't want to let you continue your b.s......

in case you've done your typical "revisionist if I say it enough it might be true" exercise and somehow have convinced yourself I didn' t beat the shit out of you despite you playing 20+ trnies than me during our yearly challenge, here's a little reminder, that being the 12-31-15 end-of-year leaderboard:

avg pts won per trny played is the trueest measure on sbr poker, so agree and let's get this thing set up...... and yes, we can put in a minimum of 200 trnies played over the year or it's void.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 09-10-16 at 07:58 AM.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    I'll certainly agree to a set no. of trnies, or an avg. pts per daily trny played. Or a situation where every trny we actually play is counted toward our Avg. pts won per trny.... for example, he plays 270 for the year, he has to count all 270 (he can't just cherry pick 200 top results, and exclude all of the whiffs like those he's amassed during the past week, when he's hit the rail almost as fast as he did at last year's Bash, finishing near the bottom of the list)..... and if i play only 220, every trny result will be included.....

the "snipping tool" makes it easy to screenshot the final leaderboard each day of the respective trnies we play in, said screenshots can easily be put into one folder on our computers. Also, there'd be a Donk/Wussywaves yearly challenge leaderboard thread, which we could post said screen shots in and otherwise run a daily tally...... calculating our average each day after results much like a simple batting avg. during the mlb season.... hardly difficult to do, and it'd be easy to see each day, possibly even generating some interest on the board.... (well, at least it might until I ran away with the competition and was -- to continue the mlb analogy -- batting .315 compared to waves' .189......)

face it waves, I know i'd beat the shit out of you as I did in 2015 even if I gave you an extra 30 trnies and accepted your format.... History would indeed repeat itself.... But having seen you try to work every f'n angle imaginable since I joined this site, I simply don't want to let you continue your b.s......

in case you've done your typical "revisionist if I say it enough it might be true" exercise and somehow have convinced yourself I didn' t beat the shit out of you despite you playing 20+ trnies than me during our yearly challenge, here's a little reminder, that being the 12-31-15 end-of-year leaderboard:

avg pts won per trny played is the trueest measure on sbr poker, so agree and let's get this thing set up...... and yes, we can put in a minimum of 200 trnies played over the year or it's void.....
    Can be hard to measure a variable amount of tourneys, as it would be easier to leave out poor results by omission. Could be fixed by posting before tourney start when you're going to play in one you want to count, and as you say, it's easy enough to take a screenshot.

Interesting snip you have there...certainly proves your dominance when you came in ahead of him despite playing 20+ fewer tourneys. Interestingly enough, DS is also above him who undoubtedly missed a few...and I missed at least 40+ while having no particular reason to try, but still came in well ahead of bobbo. Very interesting snapshot indeed....but remember, none of that stuff matters because he once won a bet

Looking forward to this contest, might jump in it myself depending on terms...now that hippo can translate the stupid out of what bobbo says, it should be interesting

Auto Donk

that's the point of the thread we'd create, you have to enter your results each day you play... update your avg. daily.... and while you don't have to post up the screenshot necessarily, if there's any dispute that arises, screen shots would have to come into play.... if you fuk with the system, you get a zero cash that day. If you didn't play that day, you enter DNP.... if the other player then posts your result of that day as a noncash (ie, you lied an actually did play), you're docked 200 pts off your yearly total for trying to cheat.....

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

I might as well get into the mix with a Bobbo challenge. I'm willing to go up to 30k in points. Instead of average per tourney, I'll just say you must take 10 days off throughout the year. If you don't, then your scoring stops at the end of the year with how many days left you have to take off.

I feel this is a very fair format since I've already missed over 10 days this year. It will at least level the playing field since I have a real life (vacations/work). What do you say Bobbo? Name your price and I will have that amount of points to post up come Dec 31st.

Auto Donk

I can see where this is headed for ol wussy waves (he's the "thing" hangin' from the ceiling):

in a bit of symbolic irony, waves' poker "game" can best be summarized as that particular animal!!!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Laughing at Donk bragging about making it to the cruise poker tourney. I played in the qualifier 3 years ago & my table consisted of a husband & wife & 3 guys who never played poker in their life! Won it in 35 mins. Unfortunately couldn't make the "grand prize" cruise so sold my entry.

Auto Donk

lucky u, .... mine had two game runner/professionals from Dallas who play every day, and a pro from Oklahoma who grinds daily, some skank who deals poker for a living at Harrah's in new orleans, and 18 others in it....

point wasn't to brag, as I'd expect to best that field any day....

point was to establish that unlike your buddy waves, who has no life, I can't play the same number of dailies each year as he because I don' t let sbr dailies rule my life like he does....

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Donker I'm not picking sides here, merely pointing out the obvious directions of each & every one of your post. Looking forward to meeting up in D. R. 👍

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Laughing at Donk bragging about making it to the cruise poker tourney. I played in the qualifier 3 years ago & my table consisted of a husband & wife & 3 guys who never played poker in their life! Won it in 35 mins. Unfortunately couldn't make the "grand prize" cruise so sold my entry.
    Haha, that sounds about right....last cruise I was on was almost 10 years ago, but it was a bunch of extremely casual players. I wasn't great myself, hadn't gone pro yet, but it was easy to run over the table. Unfortunately, the rake was crazy, and 'winning' on that table meant mostly getting your money back

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

lucky u, .... mine had two game runner/professionals from Dallas who play every day, and a pro from Oklahoma who grinds daily, some skank who deals poker for a living at Harrah's in new orleans, and 18 others in it....

point wasn't to brag, as I'd expect to best that field any day....

point was to establish that unlike your buddy waves, who has no life, I can't play the same number of dailies each year as he because I don' t let sbr dailies rule my life like he does....
    Besides Donker, I've said my peace numerous times about the on going battle w BW.....its old & drawn out. If I'm going to call someone out it be your boy TheAntFather....a known convicted felon and now point stiff here @ SBR 💩💩💩
    Points Awarded:

Auto Donk gave USCPHILLYGUY 120 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

it's all in good fun, philly..... I know you're still impressed with my 4.6 forty that got me qualed for ATM's 12th man kickoff team back in the fall of '83.....

why do I "toot" my own horn so much?

because I can.....

and not just figuratively......

ps.... I donked off my remaining rollover before I saw they posted the sat hi roller.....

if either of you fine gents can spot me the 110 buy in, I'll split my winnings..... if i bust, I'll pay you 120 as soon as I have it....

have some fun this weekend!!!! It's nice around here, for sure.....
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave Auto Donk 110 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

thanks, Philly!!!!

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1686

Bet Idea.. Only the games that both players play in together count.. ????

Ideally, if both players are planning on playing for the week. They could inform their intentions to play at such and such time.

This would over the year probably give 50-75 tournies of dual action minimum. Statistically low variance for a poker wager.
    Even 40 tournies together would be a good fair bet for variance.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1686

Wager size could be 100 points per tournament played in together.
    If one player wants to end the wager before seasons end could just pay out the amount to date to end the wager.

It would be very curious throughout the year then to see who avoided who each day.

If the tournament structures differed throughout the year "each session" could be settled up.

Plus weekend tournies could be matched up against each other too. Same wager... ie 100 points per tourney wager. 15 tournies played then 1500 wager for yearend total. Again who would avoid who???

All things would be equal.

greenhippo

Finally bobbo gets it! Looking forward to Donk agreeing and this contest

Also, bobbo sounds a lot smarter when you paraphrase him hippo...he should definitely look at using you as a spokesman to start trying to salvage his rep around here
    It would seem Waves does not want to challenge a single poster on this entire site in a skill based set-up. I have no idea why myself, surely he doesn't think he's the worst player on the site, there must be a lot of people worse than he is. But I won't argue his opinion, he doesn't want to put his skill up against another poster.

bobbywaves

It would seem Waves does not want to challenge a single poster on this entire site in a skill based set-up. I have no idea why myself, surely he doesn't think he's the worst player on the site, there must be a lot of people worse than he is. But I won't argue his opinion, he doesn't want to put his skill up against another poster.
    Yet I clearly offered you & Donkey 2017 annual challenges, which both of you refused to accept.

The reason you guys decline is two fold:

One reason is you both know you'll lose.
    The other reason is you're both broke dikks, with only peanuts to wager with.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Bobbo...did you see my post? Let's do this for 20K.

Auto Donk

Yet I clearly offered you & Donkey 2017 annual challenges, which both of you refused to accept.

u didn't offer shit u stupid mother fukker

you ducked my challange and at most said some stupid shit about a scenario that favors you, which I'd already told you to stuff up your stupid mother fukkin ass

if you cant play more than your opponent, you duck

your a fukkin weasly, snivelly piece of sorry shit..... u know I'll own your ass again and thus you cannot accept the fair proposal I submitted to you......

and you look like a total f'n pussy.... dodging the contest everyone knows is fair and wouldnt afford you the advantage you obviously so desperately need, that being the ability to play 20-30 more daily trnies than your opponent......

f'n angle shooting piece of shit.... just keep ducking me u f'n kunt
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

greenhippo

You offered a challenge that is based on not having a social life nor a professional life. You have to realize, please god tell me you have the remedial level intelligence to realize, that this offer you're throwing out there is literally nothing but a "if you have zero life, will never leave your house and will dedicate hours of your week to sitting at a computer playing for pennies (PENNIES!) then you can join me since I'm already there". The fact that you assume not having anything resembling a life somehow is something that other posters here should strive for so they can compete against you for pennies of winnings is.....well I don't even know what that is but it is one of the single most embarrassing things I have read on this site. I would never show my poster handle again on a site if I ran away from a skill based challenge based on free poker where you can win upwards of $2 for over an hour of sitting at my computer. I have pride, I am ashamed that you don't.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Bobbo...did you see my post? Let's do this for 20K.
    Oh he saw it, but he hasn't come up with an excuse yet, so he's ignoring it until he does

bobbywaves

u didn't offer shit u stupid mother fukker

you ducked my challange and at most said some stupid shit about a scenario that favors you, which I'd already told you to stuff up your stupid mother fukkin ass

if you cant play more than your opponent, you duck

your a fukkin weasly, snivelly piece of sorry shit..... u know I'll own your ass again and thus you cannot accept the fair proposal I submitted to you......

and you look like a total f'n pussy.... dodging the contest everyone knows is fair and wouldnt afford you the advantage you obviously so desperately need, that being the ability to play 20-30 more daily trnies than your opponent......

f'n angle shooting piece of shit.... just keep ducking me u f'n kunt
    Your challenge is idiotic. Comprised of screenshots, tracking, & unnecessary work.

My annual challenge is very simple, with no screenshots necessary. But you're scared to accept it.

So how about this...Enter all my tournaments. We have a 100 pt last longer bet in every tourney played together, both of us posting up with Yis.

No doubt you'll duck this generous offer as well.

Since you're a broke dikk, who would need to solicit a 100 betpoints loan every day.

Auto Donk

scared to accept it.... hahah...... you're a funny guy, waves......

ps.... I accept your 100 pt last longer wager in EVERY tourny we play together
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 09-12-16 at 08:46 AM.

12 Last