jkishi01
    jkishi01's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got screwed too

I got screwed tonight. I had AA vs KK and the guy rivered a K. Bunk!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    got 11th tonight without playing a hand

boy that leaderboard sure is important
    You can only cash when you don't play, pretty pathetic.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

got 11th tonight without playing a hand

boy that leaderboard sure is important
    won another one again Rudy.
    i m going after your record of 4 in a raw.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    You can only cash when you don't play, pretty pathetic.
    What's more pathetic: not playing and min cashing, or playing and going out in 21st place as you did?

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    What's more pathetic: not playing and min cashing, or playing and going out in 21st place as you did?
    I would say you losing 29k to me in our poker bet, is the ultimate description of pathetic.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jkishi01 View Post
    I got screwed tonight. I had AA vs KK and the guy rivered a K. Bunk!

sinmiedo

I m really running good. 3rd SBR tournament in a raw + the Saturday High roller. 1 more win and I match Rudy big record of 4 in a row.And the honest true, sbr really likes me, I had so much luck that is embarrassing to take this last tournament, the soft delivery a gross bad beat to yisman and dane, it was so bad.
    It is after reflecting, that to win in poker is a combo of luck skill and momentum.
    Yisman or Daneblazer or Oneunder should have taking this one.

Last edited by sinmiedo; Today at 09:47 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post

I m really running good. 3rd SBR tournament in a raw + the Saturday High roller. 1 more win and I match Rudy big record of 4 in a row.And the honest true, sbr really likes me, I had so much luck that is embarrassing to take this last tournament, the soft delivery a gross bad beat to yisman and dane, it was so bad.
    It is after reflecting, that to win in poker is a combo of luck skill and momentum.

awesome job, sin!!!

good luck in goin' DiMaggio and setting the new record!

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Job Sin. I have done the back to back but never got the 3peat. I still remember your advice in Costa "you have to play the software" Has served me well ever since. As for Rudy, no big deal there. He doesn't even have to play to cash

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Sin cmon pal, try for a 2nd one time

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post

Fuk'in ridiculous is what it is! No offense Sin and I like you a lot bro, but it just goes to show what a fuk'ed up system SBR has here! Most Pros here are lucky to win one tourney here over the course of a year, let alone 3 in row! This is so called variance in a legitimate online poker client? I'm call'in fuk'in bullshit! If there weren't issues with their bull shit software, why does it consistently reward prior daily winners with multiple wins over consecutive days? (Donk is another example).

Again, not taking anything away from your good fortune, you're a great player and yes I'd agree so called "luck" at this shit hole plays more into an outcome of a tourney than skill, but you would think somewhere along in the bullshit algorithm of this junk fuk'in poker software, a two day prior winner would not have that same shitty "variance" in his favor, allowing yet again, the same outcome.

Nothing fuk'in new at this place, just like the newbie who "seems" to all of the sudden get great fuk'in cards in his first few tourneys and wins on some bullshit "one outer miracle river". Throw in the super users, SBR employee poker plant ghosts and good 'ol Canadians like yourself Sin and you can plainly see the hierarchy of who wins and who ends up with crumbs at this poker shit hole.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 09-10-16 at 05:41 PM.

sinmiedo

Hey Mike , I m also up 1200 from my 100 deposit last Friday in bodog and 350 up from my 200 deposit at 5 dimes from last Thursday.
    Definitely I m running good after a few month of luck similar to yours.
    I also want to add that I have been absent for the summer, and if you care I want to share my year points 9600 with 36 cashes 12 are 1 st prizes, also won the only highroller tournaments that I play in the year,
    You have to give variance a chance, it works both ways.
    Good luck Mike I hope you never abandon the game.
    Best regards
    Sin.
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 09-10-16 at 09:33 PM.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

...place can be so unreal, but I guess the leader board folks just play better
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 09-12-16 at 11:22 PM.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    but I guess the leader board folks just play better

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

So, you're on the short bus with Rudy saying the leaderboard "just proves that people play every day"?

You do not see Jake being near the top every single year as more likely suggesting he has more skill? Or maybe SBR has coded in a special cheat for him you think? Or he has some advantage that allows him to play more tournies than others? I asked this before to silence. So what do you think Freeze? Can you answer that question??

What's wrong with you pack of jerks?

If you guys want to continue biting the hand that feeds you by suggesting SBR rigs the software or intentionally cheats you guys, then I am going to start fixing that problem for you with a site ban.

Surely none of you are such hypocrites that you want to play at and support such a corrupt organization.

Don't test me as this thread is the straw that has broken the camels back and I promise I do not joke.

And before anyone starts bitching about freedom of speech. You have all had years of it and continue to spit on the floor of your host no matter what. You guys all even make a lemming pile trying to support Rudy saying something senseless in response to my leaderboard post.

There is no way to gently remind you lot what a pack of assholes you have acted like for years. And I am personally over it. Time to cut out the rotten flesh.

bobbywaves

Opti, I promptly put Rudy in his place in post #13. The alcoholic is clueless. I'm all for you taking out the trash of poker complainers & conspiracy theorists, such as MikeSpamm, Rudy, & others.

Bottom line, whoever complains about free poker is a moron.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

People can complain all they like Bobby.

Just done with the accusations SBR intentionally cheat us all.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    So, you're on the short bus with Rudy saying the leaderboard "just proves that people play every day"?

You do not see Jake being near the top every single year as more likely suggesting he has more skill? Or maybe SBR has coded in a special cheat for him you think? Or he has some advantage that allows him to play more tournies than others? I asked this before to silence. So what do you think Freeze? Can you answer that question??

If you guys want to continue biting the hand that feeds you by suggesting SBR rigs the software or intentionally cheats you guys, then I am going to start fixing that problem for you with a site ban.

Surely none of you are such hypocrites that you want to play at and support such a corrupt organization.

Don't test me as this thread is the straw that has broken the camels back and I promise I do not joke.

And before anyone starts bitching about freedom of speech. You have all had years of it and continue to spit on the floor of your host no matter what. You guys all even make a lemming pile trying to support Rudy saying something senseless in response to my leaderboard post.

There is no way to gently remind you lot what a pack of assholes you have acted like for years. And I am personally over it. Time to cut out the rotten flesh.

Hi Opti,

I really think that you are overreacting on this. Everybody thinks they are smart and smarter than the average person. When people are not successful at something, their first response is very rarely that they are at fault.

The "rigtards" are the more extreme example of this. As has been pointed out to these people many times and by many people, their "evidence" is nothing more than anecdotal and confirmation bias.

Threatening them (or actually doing it) with banning will not address the issue other than just censoring criticism and language. It will not change the "rigtards" minds.

If SBR is going to start policing criticism of SBR, that is a concerning precedent that does not fit with the open and censorship nature of what SBR has been since I have been a member. It is definitely within SBR's right to ban whoever they want but it seems out of the precedents and norms that SBR has conducted operations to date. (given you are acting on SBR's behalf in, you are making statements and potential decisions as SBR now).

Along with the above, if SBR is going to start controlling the vitriol and language used on SBR (more than the current banned/auto-corrected words), then that again is breaking with the history of how SBR is conducting themselves.

The obvious metaphor that fits here is the "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater".

Again it is fully within SBR's right, so go ahead ban away, it has nothing to do with free speech (and people who cry about that, have no idea what is free speech in the legal rights sense) I just really think it is a immature and short-sighted for a problem that will not get fixed by said punishment.

Just my opinion, ban away!

BeerDog99

Additional points, most of the "rigtards" do not understand a lot of the concepts and issues when dealing with poker so again, trying to explain it to them for the 50th time will not fix it either. They will say terms that have been explained to them, variance, odds and probability but they simply to not understand them when their next statement is something about the variance or probability not applying.

For the poker sites that have had things rigged, there was real concrete data and evidence but again that gets equated to the anecdotal experience of these rigtards as the same. It is not and no amount of education will apparently fix their opinion, much less banning them.

I was going to try and describe what I think the rigtards get continually wrong with probability but I remembered my above statement applies (i.e. education) and the fact that I just do not have the energy, time nor desire to properly think it through and write it out so that it will be clearly understood.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Additional points, most of the "rigtards" do not understand a lot of the concepts and issues when dealing with poker so again, trying to explain it to them for the 50th time will not fix it either. They will say terms that have been explained to them, variance, odds and probability but they simply to not understand them when their next statement is something about the variance or probability not applying.

For the poker sites that have had things rigged, there was real concrete data and evidence but again that gets equated to the anecdotal experience of these rigtards as the same. It is not and no amount of education will apparently fix their opinion, much less banning them.

I was going to try and describe what I think the rigtards get continually wrong with probability but I remembered my above statement applies (i.e. education) and the fact that I just do not have the energy, time nor desire to properly think it through and write it out so that it will be clearly understood.
    Put simply, there are people who don't understand various aspects of reality and who are unwilling to learn. The human brain doesn't intuitively grasp probabilities, but people often believe it can, leading an uneducated person to be frequently wrong. The guys who go out of their way to demonstrate their ignorance regarding poker aren't going to change, as you say...best thing to do is use them as cannon fodder for entertainment
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

bobbywaves

People can complain all they like that SBR poker is rigged?

How is that any different than "accusing SBR of intentionally cheating?"

Who's on your possible ban list, in violation of accusing SBR cheating the poker community? Will there be a warning issued, prior to dropping the ban hammer?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Ignore the retards like MikeJamm. Guy was complaining yesterday about how SBR changed his BTP selections.

mikejamm (1 day ago)
    I made my GB pick on Saturday when the fuk'in line was at -3! What kinda stupid shit is go'in on here?

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Fwiw there's a big difference between SBR "cheating the players" and SBR using outdated software that deals action hands where one side is pretty sure to go broke. Bodog was notorious for this back in the day and SBR is using that same pile of shit software so do you blame anyone for bringing it up?

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Fwiw there's a big difference between SBR "cheating the players" and SBR using outdated software that deals action hands where one side is pretty sure to go broke. Bodog was notorious for this back in the day and SBR is using that same pile of shit software so do you blame anyone for bringing it up?
    Hey there, I have not personally heard of this. Is there a good summary of what was determined and information about this? Would be an interesting read.

sinmiedo

If I understand correctly, a site that offers free points and poker cheats??
    I do not get it.
    Furthermore, I would like you to try this:
    lay dawn 9 sets of cards in an empty table, flip them over, now, focus your attention, and take the action as you are all of 9 players, and deal the community cards, and start reflecting on every decision. do it for a few hands and you will find the the game is designed for action, it is call GAMBLING,
    Now, for the most talented, perhaps a game of chess or billards maybe more in line with the expectations.
    Last edited by sinmiedo; 09-13-16 at 02:37 PM.

RudyRuetigger

You have no clue how bad you look in this thread. Respectable SBRpoker members have agreed with me. Seems a bit ridiculous a mod resorts to personal attacks when they are wrong.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Damn, I didn't intend to open the flood gates, nor did I spend anymore than 5 seconds selecting the words I used. Apparently, this is a touchy subject and one must proceed with caution.

I was merely venting my frustration about the frequency at which it seems I'm a 90%+ fav to win, only to have all the money in the pot and be beat. Do I really think SBR is rigged, no. Honestly, that would be one of the dumbest things they could do. They have horse in the race, so who do they care who really wins. Not to mention if it ever came out, it would completely ruin their credibility, to which their entire business model is based on.

Now, could I think SBR may be using some type of cheap poker software, possibly. Shit, I think they do have cheap software. However, I don't blame them. You know everyone of the fkn cheap SOBs here would do the same thing. Especially, considering its only done as an added perk. At the end of the day its free to play, so I cannot complain too much, nor do I complain frequently.

This post was made out of frustration and an avenue to vent. I would rather have a cheap poker software and the ability to play than no poker at all.

Thanks SBR for the opportunity to play poker.

RudyRuetigger

Also, having Bobby on your side in a poker debate is like having Landers and Lang on your picks with a bet.

You should automatically know maybe you aren't thinking clearly.

bobbywaves

Also, having Bobby on your side in a poker debate is like having Landers and Lang on your picks with a bet.
    Your analogy is saying having Bobby on your side is a virtual lock, just like Landers bets are a virtual lock.

bobbywaves

Using outdated software argument doesn't hold water, the software is the same for everyone. I simply adjusted my game to the software, finding myself with the most daily cashes over the last 4 years. I prefer a plethora of action hands, so I'm either doubling up or busting early & not wasting an hour grinding to a cash.

I blame people for bringing it up & complaining, since it's free +EV poker with the 2,000 pts handed out daily. Well I should say it's +EV for 99% who play SBR poker, since you haven't cashed out in your 2.5 years here.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Damn, I didn't intend to open the flood gates, nor did I spend anymore than 5 seconds selecting the words I used. Apparently, this is a touchy subject and one must proceed with caution.

I was merely venting my frustration about the frequency at which it seems I'm a 90%+ fav to win, only to have all the money in the pot and be beat. Do I really think SBR is rigged, no. Honestly, that would be one of the dumbest things they could do. They have horse in the race, so who do they care who really wins. Not to mention if it ever came out, it would completely ruin their credibility, to which their entire business model is based on.

Now, could I think SBR may be using some type of cheap poker software, possibly. Shit, I think they do have cheap software. However, I don't blame them. You know everyone of the fkn cheap SOBs here would do the same thing. Especially, considering its only done as an added perk. At the end of the day its free to play, so I cannot complain too much, nor do I complain frequently.

This post was made out of frustration and an avenue to vent. I would rather have a cheap poker software and the ability to play than no poker at all.

Thanks SBR for the opportunity to play poker.
    'Cheap' software is all relative...I doubt there are many of us who could program something like a poker app, and far fewer who could do it up to any kind of professional standards without a prohibitive amount of work. It might not be Pokerstars quality, but in terms of expense, a functional app with these functions is still pretty pricey.

Nothing wrong with venting, but saying it's rigged in anything but obvious sarcasm leads people to question you...claims of rigged and poor play often go hand and hand.

Not quite silence, I addressed your points in #23

I don't get where your responses are coming from though...it's some kind of cosmic law that wherever more than 5 people are gathered to discuss poker, someone will be claiming it's rigged. Most of us know not to take those guys seriously, except perhaps to look for them on the tables and take their chips. You could certainly say the tone on the poker forum has been less-than-grateful for what SBR does, but that's for a variety of reasons, ranging from silly people who claim it's rigged to somewhat more legitimate complaints/suggestions about how to improve the poker here. You could certainly make the case that the poker forum is more about entertainment in general than poker strategy, but that seems in line with players talk or other forums to me, doesn't seem like bans are needed.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Using outdated software argument doesn't hold water, the software is the same for everyone. I simply adjusted my game to the software, finding myself with the most daily cashes over the last 4 years. I prefer a plethora of action hands, so I'm either doubling up or busting early & not wasting an hour grinding to a cash.

I blame people for bringing it up & complaining, since it's free +EV poker with the 2,000 pts handed out daily. Well I should say it's +EV for 99% who play SBR poker, since you haven't cashed out in your 2.5 years here.
    Amusing as always to see your creative opinion of yourself, but you don't seem to understand what Sharp or others are saying, which isn't completely surprising. Probably better to listen and learn instead of speak when people are discussing actual poker concepts, but I'm sure that advice will go unheeded.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Far fetched theory, but there could be something to it

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

'Cheap' software is all relative...I doubt there are many of us who could program something like a poker app, and far fewer who could do it up to any kind of professional standards without a prohibitive amount of work. It might not be Pokerstars quality, but in terms of expense, a functional app with these functions is still pretty pricey.

Nothing wrong with venting, but saying it's rigged in anything but obvious sarcasm leads people to question you...claims of rigged and poor play often go hand and hand.
    I highly doubt anyone at SBR is programming their own poker software. A simple google search shows there are tons of online companies selling customized poker interface options. Regardless, I explained myself very clearly that I'm appreciative of the ability to play poker here.

Apparently you have never said anything in haste/frustration. My words were not intended to be picked apart literally.

Lastly, I would argue that the mere mention of SBR rigging the software is obvious sarcasm in itself. Doubt many people using the term "rigged" truly believe SBR is stacking the desks in favor of certain players.

bobbywaves

Amusing as always to see your creative opinion of yourself, but you don't seem to understand what Sharp or others are saying, which isn't completely surprising. Probably better to listen and learn instead of speak when people are discussing actual poker concepts, but I'm sure that advice will go unheeded.
    Nothing creative about my stated facts. DullAngles is just another complainer, since his pathetic play can't generate pts from free poker. If you had any knowledge of poker concepts, perhaps you wouldn't have lost 29k in our poker bet.

First 1234 Last