Basement
    Basement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

AFK rule

What a stupid rule change by SBR poker. Pimpbeckham is currently at final table by winning 5 BB allin and 1 SB allin in so far. AFK entire tournament and its 1 hour and 20 minutes. Ill never understand changing it from autokick. Ridiculous imo. Rant over.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

why should there be an auto kick rule?

do live poker or online tournaments have it? NO

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I made this argument awhile ago. But not so angrily.

Jake, I understand live doesn't have auto kick. But what live tournament ever had a final table appearance by an AFK? It's happened here multiple times. It seemed they changed the rule because the pro AFKs were demanding it more. But I gotta think the majority would vote to auto kick. 15 is a bit fast though, 30 minutes feels just right.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5164

I fell asleep the other night and woke up at 7:30. By the time I got to the table, I had missed 32 minutes of play and given up about 250 in blinds. Ended up taking 2nd place. Should have won as I took two bad beats on the last two hands.

If there was Autokick, I would not have had the opportunity to win.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by Basement View Post
    What a stupid rule change by SBR poker. Pimpbeckham is currently at final table by winning 5 BB allin and 1 SB allin in so far. AFK entire tournament and its 1 hour and 20 minutes. Ill never understand changing it from autokick. Ridiculous imo. Rant over.

Sounds like you're butt hurt here JP basically told you the way it is outside of SBR poker and that is why the rule was changed IMO. If you can't beat someone who is AFK then you probably shouldn't be playing poker in the first place just saying.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    I fell asleep the other night and woke up at 7:30. By the time I got to the table, I had missed 32 minutes of play and given up about 250 in blinds. Ended up taking 2nd place. Should have won as I took two bad beats on the last two hands.

If there was Autokick, I would not have had the opportunity to win.
    Exactly. You can't win a tournament within the first 30 minutes but you can, most definitely, lose it. I'll set it to away sometimes just to avoid playing good hands and losing out to chasers. Autokicking them is stupid. If the tournaments filled up completely way before start, then maybe, but otherwise no reason to.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I prefer the late/no shows kicked out after 15 minutes. They're taking up a spot from someone who would like to play a full tourney (3pm), yet somehow are compensated with a cash for doing nothing. Quite frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves for stealing SBR's pts.

Since rule probably won't be changed anytime soon, just use it to your advantage by stealing the no shows blinds.