sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    Your statement is valid. We did let you down!!!
    It was a very very tigth tournament, it was defined, in the last 2 games.
    So close it was that it was any of the 3 teams as one of my team mates stated could have won it.
    The World team is the story, here as they come back after a bad day 1.
    No shame at all for any of the 48 participants, in fact, is my personal opinion that luck decided the outcome.
    The USA has without any doubt the best players, and in poker when all the skills are matched, luck decides the outcome.
    Sin

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    It was a very very tigth tournament, it was defined, in the last 2 games.
    So close it was that it was any of the 3 teams as one of my team mates stated could have won it.
    The World team is the story, here as they come back after a bad day 1.
    No shame at all for any of the 48 participants, in fact, is my personal opinion that luck decided the outcome.
    The USA has without any doubt the best players, and in poker when all the skills are matched, luck decides the outcome.
    Sin
    Man I want to give you this luck factor but I just can't. We played like garbage. I saw SEVERAL open spots that we didn't take. If any of the good players go back and examine there play they will see this. We either flat call, flat call, fold with no chip to do this with. We didn't jam at the right times instead when the blinds are 150/300 we are flatting out of position UHH how about NO. So we get down to 1000 chips and lose a flip. Give me a break. We seemed to get outplayed on every flop, turn and river. We would get card dead and completely panic. We would fire off half of our stack and fold with huge blinds? We would risk/take a 55% chance to beat someone out right in the beginning of a tourney with a small pocket pair. We didn't seem to ever play for 2nd. We would go after a chip leader instead of a short stack. I saw over 90% of this tourney. You never need a big chip stack in the beginning it does nothing. I watched you play as well and Canada and this didn't happen. BTW Dipper30 played like shit. A 4 handed tourney like this isn't his game. If you like to bluff a lot and play pot control this is extremely hard to do in a 4 handed match where you are short stacked right away. Dipper is extremely hard to beat with chips and he could never get them. Now 10 handed is a different story for him. TEAM USA didn't all play bad and I'm not saying my play was perfect but 1 mistake is all it takes in a tourney like this. I feel like I could have sat out and placed 2nd. The aggressive play in the beginning of these was always mind boggling to me.

dogracin
    dogracin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by oChRoNiCo View Post
    STFU asshole never heard of your chump ass and we never will you won't make the team next year so don't worry about it clown. 4 handed tournament regardless turns into bingo poker congrats to Canada on their win. I liked the contest and will be back playing in it again next year just don't like 4 handed but it is what it is.
    Yeah, what he said, all these usa'ers bitchin and moanin but to busy to play or think they to good, etc, it is you my friend that is the true ***hole Stevek

dogracin
    dogracin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

congrats canada

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by dogracin View Post
    Yeah, what he said, all these usa'ers bitchin and moanin but to busy to play or think they to good, etc, it is you my friend that is the true ***hole Stevek
    Dogracin was our best player in the tourney. He made only 1 mistake the final day when he bet 600 and had to fold. He didn't have the chips to do this but he is an excellent short stack player. Doesn't panic and absolutely no tilt. In a 3 handed game with the blinds now grinding him he ran into AK with his AJ. Nothing he could do. I'm not trying to beat up TEAM USA but we are the better players and we were a clear favorite for that reason.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

I was completely just screwing around

Let's get it next year fellas

Thanks for the contest sbr

Dipper30
    Dipper30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    Man I want to give you this luck factor but I just can't. We played like garbage. I saw SEVERAL open spots that we didn't take. If any of the good players go back and examine there play they will see this. We either flat call, flat call, fold with no chip to do this with. We didn't jam at the right times instead when the blinds are 150/300 we are flatting out of position UHH how about NO. So we get down to 1000 chips and lose a flip. Give me a break. We seemed to get outplayed on every flop, turn and river. We would get card dead and completely panic. We would fire off half of our stack and fold with huge blinds? We would risk/take a 55% chance to beat someone out right in the beginning of a tourney with a small pocket pair. We didn't seem to ever play for 2nd. We would go after a chip leader instead of a short stack. I saw over 90% of this tourney. You never need a big chip stack in the beginning it does nothing. I watched you play as well and Canada and this didn't happen. BTW Dipper30 played like shit. A 4 handed tourney like this isn't his game. If you like to bluff a lot and play pot control this is extremely hard to do in a 4 handed match where you are short stacked right away. Dipper is extremely hard to beat with chips and he could never get them. Now 10 handed is a different story for him. TEAM USA didn't all play bad and I'm not saying my play was perfect but 1 mistake is all it takes in a tourney like this. I feel like I could have sat out and placed 2nd. The aggressive play in the beginning of these was always mind boggling to me.
    I absolutely played like shit after day 1. Day 1 I trapped Dogracin looking like trying to steal his blind, he jammed 1900 and I had 2500.

His hand A5 off mine KK....I was 70%, pure luck 5 5 9 flop, game over and the rest was downhill.

Dogracin did play well after day 1, and beat me with AA and 10,10 on day 2 and day 3 I might as well have been somewhere else.

World cup could've been over had I played better by 5pm. Gave everyone something to rail at night until Miller slammed it shut.

A lot of fun playing though, good community here.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipper30 View Post
    I absolutely played like shit after day 1. Day 1 I trapped Dogracin looking like trying to steal his blind, he jammed 1900 and I had 2500.

His hand A5 off mine KK....I was 70%, pure luck 5 5 9 flop, game over and the rest was downhill.

Dogracin did play well after day 1, and beat me with AA and 10,10 on day 2 and day 3 I might as well have been somewhere else.

World cup could've been over had I played better by 5pm. Gave everyone something to rail at night until Miller slammed it shut.

A lot of fun playing though, good community here.
    Sorry for calling you out and I only did because you are a great player and its not all luck. I saw dog get beat with AA or KK and was down to 600-700 chips and grind back with really smart play and win it. It just seemed you were in a rush for 4th after day 1...haha. It was really fun playing with all of you and watching you. Congrats again on the Victory!

Dipper30
    Dipper30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Believe me it's annoying getting zero points, though winning regular season and winning world cup ease it a bit. I agree with your analysis, after day 1, especially Day 3 I was in a stupid rush.

First 4 handed experience, HU, 6 man and 10 man a lot of experience. Some minor tweaks to the game and I'll hopefully be back. Can only go up right.

Boozer I watched a few games as well and I can't believe the stacks players lost before getting into 2nd at least. There was 2-3 on usa, 1 on the world was huge and canada I believe had one.
    Last edited by Dipper30; 04-29-16 at 05:07 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

I guess Trump is right. We don't win at anything anymore.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I guess Trump is right. We don't win at anything anymore.
    Yeah lets make America great again with his dumb ass!

HomerSimpson2
    HomerSimpson2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36212

Thank you SBR for hosting this year's World Poker Cup.

I had a great time, and am appreciative of the opportunity to have competed alongside members of my own country on an international level.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Wow. What a week.

Anyone who comes back with the 'World Cup is unfair, please give us something else SBR' junk next winter, should be referred to the threads currently on the first page of Poker forum.

Team World's epic day 3 was only matched by Team Canada's stretch run. You lucky .....s.

Well played!

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Edit by SBR:

Your poker points prize was applied on Thursday April 28 along with all winners:

I didn't receive my poker pts prize yet. Did all the teams already or we are still waiting for an update?

Thanks.

-stash
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 04-30-16 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added correction to the user's post

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    I didn't receive my poker pts prize yet. Did all the teams already or we are still waiting for an update?

Thanks.

-stash
    Peeps already got em, stash.
    Somebody screwed the pooch here and forgot ya.
    Mine done rolled and bold:
    BD1904 4/29/2016
    11:42 PM
    Points transfer from Poker SBR BiTeMe UsAdOj Poker Withdraw +2,169

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

pboozer57
    Grivas 3rd Place Meltdown EPIC!!!

SBR PRO Join Date: 11-10-09

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

Thanks.

-stash
    got mine as well and already done rolling:

BD1E03 4/30/2016
    10:09 AM
    Points transfer from Poker SBR JAKEPEAVY21 Poker Withdraw +2,713

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993395

Team Canada's badges now glow
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sinmiedo

SBR Forum

Thanks.

-stash
    Your poker points prize was applied on Thursday April 28 along with all winners:

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Good job L... er, SBR Forum.

stasher... wake the eff up, buddy!

Plus, please PM me when you sit to roll.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Good job L... er, SBR Forum.

stasher... wake the eff up, buddy!

Plus, please PM me when you sit to roll.
    Bite ready to make a killing at the cash tables.
    God have mercy on the rollers.

Miklos
    Miklos's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37606

Congrats Team Canada.Well done!

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

This pisses me off. I will take it home for us USA in 2017

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Congrats guys!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i guess sbr mimmicked stash's play..... just as he was late to each of his trnies, generally blinding out before showing, they were late in awarding him his chips.....

congrats to team canada.... meant to give you guys a shout out in my vid, but f'n ran short of time.....

good job, particularly sin and snapper.... held it together for you guys to position you for the day 4 close.... great job!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i guess sbr mimmicked stash's play..... just as he was late to each of his trnies, generally blinding out before showing, they were late in awarding him his chips.....

congrats to team canada.... meant to give you guys a shout out in my vid, but f'n ran short of time.....

good job, particularly sin and snapper.... held it together for you guys to position you for the day 4 close.... great job!
    thank you bud for your kind words to the the team.

SBR Forum

Secretstash,

It looks like you have a whole bunch of unused poker points pending since April 6 - we just want to make sure you know how to use your poker points: here's a bonus points tutorial.

First 12