SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Great moments in WSOP history

Watching a replay of this years ME Final table and cannot help but notice how much this game has changed. Whatever happened to the characters that make poker history so rich? Why have they been replaced by robotic number crunchers who barely utter a word not related to poker? Why is McKeehen saying "no runners" every hand so fkn annoying and leaving me missing greatness like this moment?

Watching Scotty Ngyuen own the table for an hour long broadcast and ending it with all the cash on table and his famous "You call and it's all over baby" sealed my fate as a poker player. Magic like that doesn't happen anymore.

Or these one's that still kill me over 10 years later...

Everyone should share a favorite moment from WSOP history so we can all remember what this event used to be and how great it was
    Last edited by SharpAngles; 12-02-15 at 03:04 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

That final table was a brutal watch

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

oh shit, i guess that happened last month..... and no one cared.... f em

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Not a greatest moment but def 1st hand of tourney greatest moment. Oliver Hudson is actually funny as hell as an actor.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SharpAngles

SharpAngles

nice one tat, brutal first hand of the main. forgot about this one It involves a legend from those days so belongs here imo

Another great moment is your boy Hellmuth betting his hair that Varkonyi couldn't win

Another real good one on that channel is chain smoking Mansour vs Tuna with awesome commentary by the legend Chip Reese...

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

funny shit about that monsour hand with tuna are the "needs a miracle card" and the "without a doubt this is the most incredible hand in the history of World Series Poker" comments.

Shit, SBR deals out miracles by the dozens in every f'n trny, and numerous hands top "the most incredible hand in the history of WSOP" ever single day!!!!!!!

of course, pureshit.com is just as bad. I got taken out yesterday in another final for a wsop m.e. seat by that rigged shithole (a site where a f'n idiot i complained to previously on the phone more or less admitted they'd doom switched my account after banning me from chat for life) when i shoved with qq only to be called by jj, who of course turned a j to knock me out..........

f'n internet poker.......... "miracles" are common occurrences and "most incredible hands ever" happen every few minutes.......

saw quads at least five times last week in one daily trny........

I LOVE IT!!!!
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 12-07-15 at 08:49 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

One person I liked that no longer plays is Paul Phillips. I used to read his Live Journal stuff and laugh my ass off.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

When you said great moments, first thing I thought of was the kiddie game. Good call.

Theres got to be a Phil Hellmuth hand in there somewhere.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

I have a DVD set of most of the final tables in WSOP history. I haven't watched any of them in years but one moment that I remember is the year that Jim Bechtel won the main event. It was 3 handed and Bechtel and another guy had all the chips and Glen Cozen only had 1 or 2 big blinds. The 2 big stacks got into it and Bechtel won a massive hand knocking the other guy out in 3rd and Cozen ended up getting 2nd place along with an extra 100 or 200k in real money.

Another comical moment that I remember is the year that dirtbag Russ Hamilton won the ME. Back in the day Binion's used to give the winner their weight in silver. During the final table introductions they mentioned everyone's weight and Hamilton was by far the biggest and the ** made some joke saying Binions was not rooting for Hamilton to win.

SharpAngles

Best part of the Hamilton story is that cheating scum weighed around 250 in '93, and after hearing about the silver anniversary prize of your weight in silver he showed up in '94 weighing 330

Can't stand Hamilton but that's an epic angle shoot right there

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

TJ bluffing a drunk Bill Smith with only one hole card.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

There's a good hour of Grizzle vs Hellmuth. TV poker pretty much peaked in 2003.