USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

"SBR" Poker Strategy Question

Just wanted some input on this. Was playing the 7pm last night. Had about 15 left with 4500 in chips. Late position dealt AK clubs. Two before me go all in (1 being Carseller so not overly concerned with that) Me calling (which I did) puts me out of tourney with loss. CS had 7-7, other guy QQ (I beleive). Should I have dropped here with the action before me???

Yes I lost

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends on who you are. No name? Not an insider? Easy answer, you fold that every time. Next question. I will be here all week.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I'll assume you were about 11bb deep at this level. The cold call is gross but you've got to run it with AK suited at this point. Why fold and get 9th when this pot could get you a top 3 easily? As it played out you got in with an equity overlay so what else could you want? Sometimes you lose in these spots but its all about making the right play and you did so don't sweat it.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

and RSH because I see this hand play out at least once a tourney. Small push, over push, midstack goes broke AKs vs 2 pairs. Usually low pair makes a set so at least theres a little creativity but I really wish the programmers could liven it up for us.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I'll assume you were about 11bb deep at this level. The cold call is gross but you've got to run it with AK suited at this point. Why fold and get 9th when this pot could get you a top 3 easily? As it played out you got in with an equity overlay so what else could you want? Sometimes you lose in these spots but its all about making the right play and you did so don't sweat it.
    Thanks SA. I did think about dropping but my thoughts were just as you said. Winning the pot put me over 13k in chips.

I Know I can look this up but anyone have the preflop odds on this

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I Know I can look this up but anyone have the preflop odds on this
    AK suited - 39%
    QQ- 42.5%
    77 - 18.4%
    tie - 0.2%
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Fold.

But I don't win races, and that's a best case scenario for you.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5021

I ended up in 8th place in that tourney.

I am a force to be reckoned with.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

given that i ran an "ak losing streak" to 47 straight fukkin' hands lost with big slick, this is a no-brainer lay down........

twice in the past f'n week i have lost with ak to ak, via the good ol "anal bangin' with no lube" 4-card flush.......... and once I had the f'n suited ak, and lost when the villian hit four diamonds to pair his king...........

lay that shit down.

my other fav as of late, is I have seen ace ten beat ace jack at least fifty straight times, dating back to when I bounced the Golden Boy from a weekend trny with that match up...........

j2 suited still strong as aces........ well, aces anywhere but on sbr (my aa losing streak to aq is at seven).....................

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i just lost with KK to 88

fun poker tourneys they run here

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Were you close to being blinded out? I don't even know how many are paid anymore... Unless the blinds were really small I don't think there is a wrong answer...

http://www.pokerlistings.com/tournam...he-gap-concept