action folds to sb who calls
    you check
    flop comes
    10 10 3 rainbow no hearts
    sb bets 1/2 pot
    what do you do

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

If its SBR you raise and then he shoves and then you shove and he turns over t/3 OR he would have AA and hit the river A

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Cry when shown a better kicker is about all you can do.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

U probablt fold cause he might have 3,3

PhilTheTHRILL
    PhilTheTHRILL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

If you don't take this hand to showdown you are just retarded. Considering the small blind limps, I would have raised pre flop. That will give you a good idea if he's setting the trap or not. Chance he may fold to your raise pre flop. If he calls he's probably ahead of you. If he 3 bets you then you are way behind so fold.

Next question is after he bet the half pot post flop. It is 100% a raise to me, I may even do something fishy like min raise. But I could also see check calling all the way down.
    You act like him betting half the pot is significant, which isn't considering you are battling for just the blinds and you haven't contribute anything to the pot at this point. The equity you have in the hand at this point should pretty much have you committed depending on his stack size.

Now there is a chance he has you dominated w/ hands like 33 or Q10 or better, but the odds are in your favor. So see another card and then figure it out from there. I could see him betting this with any pair or 2 overs to the board.

PhilTheTHRILL

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz22 View Post
    U probablt fold cause he might have 3,3
    Lol he might have 33 so fold.
    Well, everyone on the table might have AA every hand, so I'm just going to fold every hand.

PhilTheTHRILL

In the long run (i didn't do the math) but I am sure the profitable move would be to see this to showdown. You may get wrecked in this hand, which is probably why you are posting it, but the fact is, you have top trips. You don't get away from that. Control the pot and see what he has.

PhilTheTHRILL

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    If its SBR you raise and then he shoves and then you shove and he turns over t/3 OR he would have AA and hit the river A

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

all in on the flop.... its not a bad idea in donkaments to do this

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

call me fishy... but I'd call and see the turn.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

no way I raise the flop here...walk the dog and let him keep betting...If he has you beat you're losing a big pot any way you play it but you want him to keep firing and not lose him as you are way ahead in most cases.

STAX

if you jam, he will give you no credit for having a ten. Ive even been called with a 3 in this spot before, especially if there is two of one suit on board... they always seem to put you on a flush draw. There are tons of donks online, let them be donks. They may have tried to get cute with a big or medium pocket pair. When you min raise or put in standard raise it really raises red flags to the villian. Just jam it, especially in level one where the villian can just rebuy or re-enter... you'll get called alot of the time here. Donks will also think "theres no way hes jamming with a ten here"... and he will call you with a lesser hand more foten than you think. Once someone does call you here, make a note about and adjust the next time you see him

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

true...I suppose it is player dependent.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think you can milk a little more value if you call then make a move on the turn. He could pick up a draw or a pair which could commit him further. Otherwise unless he's being cute with a premium, you're just winning a small pot the vast majority of the time...which this early isn't a bad thing
    Last edited by daneblazer; 07-16-15 at 07:00 PM.

STAX

the thing is though, if you just rip it all in, you are getting called with all worse tens and all pocket pairs 66+ virtually every time. And some of the time youll even get called with 55 and below as well as 3's. In a blind vrs blind scenario like this, he is also likely to just be taking a stab, in which case you aren't going to win any more money anyways because he is likely giving up. In the cases where he has you beat, you are going to lose this money regardless, so it doesnt really matter when you get the money in. The only time you lose value is when villian is bluffing and would have turned a pair, which he has 6 outs to do so, and STILL has to pay you off. The times he turns a draw you lose value too, but also you open yourself up to losing all your chips too. Plus the times he is bluffing and turns a pair or a draw are very slim...

I only like overjamming the flop in level one, if its within the first couple hands of the tourny. I hate any other type of raise on the flop because its just giving away that you have a ten. I dont hate flatting the flop either, its just so many players will pay you off if you just insta-rip it in

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

take it to the river like phil said unless the turn is scarier. If a J or 9 come out giving KQ a draw or QJ. Even then check small raise or small lead. The way you describe this though not many turns would be scary

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

I assume, that he's raising 22+, although there's a chance, he's only calling PF with small and medium pocket pairs. He might have something like A3, J3, Q3, K3, 53, 43 in this spot. If you recognized, he's the guy, who'll get creative on this flop with something like A high or K high, you might wanna keep his bluffs in by just calling. If you assume, that he actually has two pair, I prefer calling here, over raising.