playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

It appears that the most needed change in the poker tournaments has been fixed!!

Maybe we are wrong, but it appears that the autoboot at 15 minutes is now gone!! If it is, then that was the most important change needed to me. I have been knocked out of at least 40 tournaments by not showing up on time and we used to pay 10 points to play.

Well it appeared as though JakePeavy didn't play a hand tonight and he was never booted. GREAT CHANGE IF IT HAPPENED

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

after watching steviek suckout on two 30-70 dogs to take it down, looks like sbr poker running like a brand new right off the showroom floor v-12 Jag...... humming along business as usual.....

nice "win", Stevie!

Even I almost feel like I gotta take a shower after watching that final table, as dirty as SBR treated the "competition"
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-01-15 at 07:50 PM.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Maybe we are wrong, but it appears that the autoboot at 15 minutes is now gone!! If it is, then that was the most important change needed to me. I have been knocked out of at least 40 tournaments by not showing up on time and we used to pay 10 points to play.

Well it appeared as though JakePeavy didn't play a hand tonight and he was never booted. GREAT CHANGE IF IT HAPPENED
    jake finished 11th without playing?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

How hard is it to show up on time?

playersonly69

It is VERY HARD! I know a lot of players used to get the boot. It was really the only change that I think needed to be made

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I think I registered and didn't play a hand in the 11.

no badge so must not have cashed

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post
    jake finished 11th without playing?
    yes, i totally forgot about the tournament and was pleased to see that I cashed

playersonly69

Well Rudy the 11pm was full. The 6pm only had around 25 players, so not showing up and cashing could happen easily

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

How Fukin hard is it to play a tourney YOU SIGNED UP FOR and GET THERE ON TIME? You should absolutely be booted for not showing up by the 15 minute mark. Another great post by this angle shooting prick PO69

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

Now here is what will start(we all seen it)
    player shows with 100-150 left starts going all in,and poof he(she)is a winner

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I have to agree with the auto boot. Bad decision to remove it. Especially with no buyin now, it has potential to create several problems. I could make a list if any one can't foresee them. And we already have a cash by being AFK? That's crazy. Unfortunately, some complained about it so they fixed it for us. The people that agreed with it, didn't speak up in support so they may have thought it's what the majority wanted. So SBR isn't really at fault. Bummer.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I think I registered and didn't play a hand in the 11.

no badge so must not have cashed
    dude, you won numerous hands time and time again when forced all in. You were near the bubble by hangin' around forever.... was pretty comical.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I have to agree with the auto boot. Bad decision to remove it. Especially with no buyin now, it has potential to create several problems. I could make a list if any one can't foresee them. And we already have a cash by being AFK? That's crazy. Unfortunately, some complained about it so they fixed it for us. The people that agreed with it, didn't speak up in support so they may have thought it's what the majority wanted. So SBR isn't really at fault. Bummer.
    oh come on, maneuvering around a dead stack on autofold should be easy.....[EDIT: UNLESS IT'S JAKE PEAVY] tho rudy's dead seat hung around til damn near the money he won so many all'in's to stay alive....... funny shit......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 05-03-15 at 10:06 AM.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    yes, jake, much like rudy, and even more so, you would win every all-in with bigger stacks to stay alive.....

I even made the comment "Even when he's AUTOFOLDING, DON'T FUK WITH THE GOLDEN BOY!!!!"

Only u could stay alive in a 40 man trny to autofold into the money!!!!

nice cash!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    oh come on, maneuvering around a dead stack on autofold should be easy.....
    Yep... and all SBR did by removing the auto-boot is oh, gee, hmm... I don't know... oh yeah: JOINING THE REST OF THE POKER WORLD, ffs.

C'mon men.....

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Does that mean Cabo can cash at the WSOP and never leave the hotel room?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Yeah, you might have given me a new strategy, Jake.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Does that mean Cabo can cash at the WSOP and never leave the hotel room?
    Wrong take

What it means is Cabo can never leave his hotel room and he would never be auto-booted from the WSOP; his chips would just be blinded off... you know ... same as every other tourney in the poker universe.

If the WSOP had only 40 players, he still wouldn't cash tho like at SBR --- but that's cuz normal structured poker tourneys don't pay ~1/3 of the field.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

Auto boot should absolutely be left on, push it back to 20 minutes maybe but def keep it.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    Auto boot should absolutely be left on, push it back to 20 minutes maybe but def keep it.
    As bite and others have said, there's a reason no other poker format sees the need to do so...it simply doesn't solve any significant problem, while limiting participation. People mincashing when they're not there is the result of paying out half the field; if it's a problem, the solution is to pay out fewer, and if the rest can't work around the dead seat...well, maybe they deserve to lose to someene who's not there

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

has nothing to do with working around a dead seat, has to do with someone cashing, no matter how small, that did not even play.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Played perfectly.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    has nothing to do with working around a dead seat, has to do with someone cashing, no matter how small, that did not even play.
    Understandably frustrating, but again, the blame is more appropriately placed on the 50% payout format which posters insisted on...the harm done by keeping the auto-kick is far more than the occasional autofold to a cash.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Understandably frustrating, but again, the blame is more appropriately placed on the 50% payout format which posters insisted on...the harm done by keeping the auto-kick is far more than the occasional autofold to a cash.
    Not surprising Tripe is lacking basic math skills, 12 places paid with 40 entrants is a 30% payout format.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Not surprising Tripe is lacking basic math skills, 12 places paid with 40 entrants is a 30% payout format.
    Since you broke out the calculator, care to tell us what 12 places paid out of 27 is and whether that's closer to 50% or 30%? We'll wait while you get help

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Auto boot was instituted to start with because everyone complained about being able to cash without playing. As far as i recall it.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Ah come on now is better. If somehow someone gets in cash while afk all the time lol others at table are or to aggro or to blind to see someone is afk and stealing his blinds. Seriously even 27 players playing is strange afker finish rank11 and if that happens it happens still much better this way.

Auto Donk

problem is, even with various players stealing peavy's blinds, he's so f'n programmed to win on this site he won ten straight hands when forced all in with minimal chips...... some even three-handed!

rudy only made it through two rounds, winning three all'in'ers before busting.... jake, on the other hand, was simply jake.... damn near unbeatable even when auto-folding! made it through FIVE rounds before finally being taken out

JAKEPEAVY21

last night I registered for the 8PM PST tourney and did not get off work until 9:45 PST...was upset to see that i did not cash

later this afternoon I'll actually be playing for the first time for the world cup series!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

last night I registered for the 8PM PST tourney and did not get off work until 9:45 PST...was upset to see that i did not cash

later this afternoon I'll actually be playing for the first time for the world cup series!
    jake no disrespect but you're not really being fair to the people who want to play but are locked out due to the 40 spots beings taken. I played the 7pm last night & it was full. Not singling you out just seems like a common courtesy

playersonly69

To be honest, very few players were locked out.

The 7pm was full a few minutes before it started and the 11pm didn't fill up until real late. I mean anyone who wanted to play any tournament could have signed up until the last few minutes.

But to keep an accurate time, I will post today exactly the time that each tournament fills up if they do

playersonly69

The 2pm tournament filled up at 1:48pm. having said that, someone unregistered at 1:52pm and that spot was taken by another poster.

The 2pm tournament generally has more of the World players in it. Sort of sucks for them that they don't have the early 10am tournament anymore.

Now we will see if the other tournaments fill up. I am saying that they wont, but I also don't think that we have more than 125 players that play at least 3 days a week
    Last edited by playersonly69; 05-05-15 at 02:03 PM.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    jake no disrespect but you're not really being fair to the people who want to play but are locked out due to the 40 spots beings taken. I played the 7pm last night & it was full. Not singling you out just seems like a common courtesy
    I was planning on playing but had to work longer than expected...register early in the day to ensure your spot.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I was planning on playing but had to work longer than expected...register early in the day to ensure your spot.
    I work crazy hours this time of year so if I get home before 3-7-11 I'll play. I don't think it's fair to register early if I cant 100% commit. That's just me though.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

It's hard for me too. I usually get home around 10PM but I'm never sure. So last night I tried to get into the late tournament around 10:05.... full house. If I register early and then can't make the tournament, I'm screwing someone else. It's a hard-knock life I tell ya.

12 Last