horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Whining (Diverted)

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Having 4 guys play and 3 win a seat would just be a folding blinds contest where eventually the blinds make you gamble and not skillful.

We catered to you guys by instituting a tiebreaker in the first place. You can't please every one, we think this makes the most sense.

Good luck!

your own words bellow

Sudden Death Tournament
    for those tied for 50th place.
    If it's heads-up or 20 people tied this will be your final opportunity to Qualify.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Now if you want to change it yet again and give 50th to horja b/c of cashes; I'm actually ok with that.
    I don't want that ... the only fair thing would be to have the TB as stated each day for the past 5 days

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

hell, be nice..........

he might just change the rules again and let 51 play the damn final!!!

it's good to be the king!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    I don't want that ... the only fair thing would be to have the TB as stated each day for the past 5 days
    exactly..I don't understand why the rules are changing all of a sudden after they have been posted for a couple of weeks now.

stuler
    stuler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 308

I'm not even in this thing and think if you wrote out the plans a couple of weeks ago of how it was going to be then that is what they should be. The fact that it will/or may be a shove fest tiebreaker is besides the point. makes no sense to me why you would change them. True you can't please everyone but the fact is 4 tied and they should all have to play for the 3 seats based on your stated rules.

Stuler

horja1
    Grrrrrr

VERY LAME SBR ... taking my posts from the main thread and posting it in a thread called "Whining (Diverted)"

stuler

Really? just can't take the fact that your rule change is wrong in every possible way. what a bunch of fucktards, so glad I became a pro again to witness this shameful rule changing bullshit.

sad just sad.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Damn, 1 day after going pro I get smacked in the face with the reason I wasn't before. Was this new thread and title really necessary? Every time SBR shits on a player publically lets all think about some sick kid meeting Mickey at Disneyland or something to take the sting off.

Beyond unacceptable to change the rules after the qualifying IMO. "Whether heads up or 20" was posted every time for weeks. Horja has a right to "whine"

Also points out the fact that SBR should listen to the players in the first place. When tiebreakers were brought up months ago the vast majority of the player base agreed that number of cashes was the best solution and this "whining" never takes place.

Auto Donk

sam taking a beating for being creative and trying to add excitement (I liked the idea when i first read it, but my wife was prancing around in a hot ass pink bikini pool side, so everything seemed pretty good to me at that point)...... sadly, there are no winners here, except maybe charlie sheen!
    Attached Images  

stuler

nothing creative and exciting about changing the rules after the fact. Just plain stupidity. I'm done I have said my peace. It is what it is such is life.

Stu out

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Not cool in my opinion, changing the rules and then moving and changing the name of the thread to belittle him because a poster has some reasonable concerns.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

hilarious that are posts are moved into a "whining" thread

this does not impact me at all but why post certain rules just to change them the day after qualifications end? makes no sense and then voicing our concerns make us whiners? you guys need some thicker skin or more common sense if you constantly call us whiners and complainers.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes absolutely 0 sense that you would change the rule at this time. I would be pretty upset if I was Horja or Jimmy. In the 'spirit of competition' you don't implement last minute rules that hurt some players and help others.

Auto Donk

all i know is i'd like to assemble an sbr "dream team" (no, not seeweed and jj and a member to be named), but shog, peavy, bite, mpas, oneunder, myself, and a few others (tripe/stevie/jedi/arun) and let us run over the f'n wsop..... having played it, the talent among these guys would produce cashes/exposure for sbr in a very nice way......

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    VERY LAME SBR ... taking my posts from the main thread and posting it in a thread called "Whining (Diverted)"

Have to agree here...have to recognize people complaining about last-minute format change is a legitimate complaint. Calling it whining was perhaps intended to be light-hearted, but it comes across as more condescending/apathetic than anything. SBR's show, they can do what they like of course...but as has been said elsewhere, stuff like this doesn't help.

Think about it this way: SBR sends a guy to the WSOP for exposure, and people come here to check it out. Poker forum is definitely a place they're going to check-in, and play some tourneys. The intended presentation certainly won't be as good as it can be if there's a history of not resolving legitimate complaints and causing new ones!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zwoeins

Auto Donk

i think it wasn't intended to be apathetic or condescending, but was Sam showing a bit of his personality, which is definitely not a bad thing.... Sam, as is evidenced by earlier updates where he busted some balls, etc., likes to poke a little light hearted fun here and there; and that's by far preferred over some dry-ass stiff just putting up the latest numbers......

in hindsight, sure, this could've been announced ahead of time and the "whether 20 or heads up trny" not announced as such, but it is what it is.... be grateful for the chance to play for a wsop seat at all...........

as a matter of fact, i've got such a trny on another site at three p.m. today.... only have to beat out 749 other donks!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by sam9ball View Post
    Having 4 guys play and 3 win a seat would just be a folding blinds contest where eventually the blinds make you gamble and not skillful.

We catered to you guys by instituting a tiebreaker in the first place. You can't please every one, we think this makes the most sense.

Good luck!

We don't want people folding and gambling so we're going to make it heads up...ok.

I understand the need for the need of a tiebreaker, but SBR is a little too sensitive when it comes to criticism. I get it, it's your promotion, you're forking out a lot of $ and rightfully want it to go well...but there's a difference between bitching & constructive criticism.

I could give away a free wsop entry at my house, but if I change the rules after people have poured in hours of effort, that doesn't mean I should be immune to any criticism for it.

Spacefrog
    Ain't nobody but me
    Spacefrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm with Horja (and others).

I'm a whiner!

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    exactly..I don't understand why the rules are changing all of a sudden after they have been posted for a couple of weeks now.
    Enter your picks for the heads up contest! Last day of round 1.