SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Poker Pro dominating Jeopardy

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...streak-to-five

Anybody else been watching this cat dominate? His GTO Jeopardy strat might be the best we've ever seen on the show IMO. 4 out of 5 wins he has been untouchable going into Final Jeopardy and has pretty much embarrassed his opponents.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

He used to be a very good tournament poker player with some big scores 5+ years ago. I have not seen him or heard his name for years until recently due to Jeopardy. I'm rooting for him.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

He has an ivy leagur education in im correct

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

how far did he go?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

everyone worth a damn on the show goes for the big money clues first and hammers the daily doubles, easy game

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That Arthur Chu guy changed the game. He was on there for about a month doing the same thing

. Chu is the fourth highest-earning Jeopardy! champion in non-tournament gameplay, with a grand total of $298,200. Chu also won an additional $100,000 for taking second place in the 2014 Tournament of Champions.
    Last edited by daneblazer; 04-19-15 at 02:25 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Isn't this a common fish response

Throughout Chu's 11-game streak, his aggressive style of play attracted criticism among fans of the series, some of whom considered his conduct to be unsportsmanlike and against the spirit of Jeopardy! His strategy earned him the nickname the "Jeopardy! Villain", a nickname Chu fully embraced.[18] One of the most common complaints about his playing style was that he jumped from category to category, a strategy known as the "Forrest Bounce", after former champion Chuck Forrest. But the Forrest Bounce is a common strategy, employed by several successful past champions, including Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, who, like Chu, used it to increase their odds of finding Daily Doubles first.[19] Inspired by Watson, a computer that was programmed to play Jeopardy, Chu picked high-value clues first, because they are more likely to be Daily Doubles.[1] In his second game, Chu wagered $5 on a Daily Double and responded "I don't know" immediately after the clue was given.[19]

Chu also held the buzzer close to the microphone, resulting in audible clicks when signaling,[20] and upon correctly answering a question, rushed quickly to the next clue. This gamesmanship, the resulting criticism and his engagement with critics on Twitter during airings of his shows led some to declare his run akin to a "Moneyball" moment, and Chu himself "ruthless" and "idol-killingly pragmatic".[21]

In response, both Trebek and Jennings have defended Chu as a "good player" who makes the game "more exciting".[22][23]

SharpAngles

He's currently a 6 time winner for almost 170k. Defends his title for the 6th time on tonight's episode.

I think his clock strategy is what is really getting some purists upset. Haven't seen a DD yet that he hasn't milked the clock and answered last second. Most of his Double Jeopardy rounds are ending with at least 4 or 5 clues unanswered because of this. Personally I love it because he is using every angle he can to win, or at least keeping his competitors from adding money to their stack.

I will say he's also gotten very lucky as far as drawing opponents. Of the 5 games of his I've seen, one person, the awesomely named Becky Hammer, has given him any competition. The others have been a bunch of mouth breathers that didn't have a clue or a chance against this guy.

GaryDN
    GaryDN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20008

Alex falls to Instagram, tweet, tweet, tweetly deet! Great job on Jeopardy.... Some times I scratch my head at these questions and ask myself, Did I go to school !!!!! ? We are proud of ya.

SharpAngles

Just had a chance to see his final game. Surprised he missed the Final Jeopardy. Very simple logic that twitter was already very popular in 2010, plus hes had an account on twitter for years. Something tells me he burns that ugly red shirt and goes back to his trusty plain blue after this too. Can't wait to see him on the TOC in a couple months.

I will say it cracked me up every time they called him a "currency trader". I assumed he meant it the way I meant "statistical probabilities analyst" when people asked what I do, but looking at google he's given up professional poker and works for a forex firm now.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Any videos of his playing style?

SharpAngles

There was a youtube channel that had them but its been shut down by sony for infringement. Had to find it on torrent. Season2015Ep78 was his final appearance.