spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

WSOP elimination minus 7

7 days left to qualify

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

all players with 1750 pts have already qualified (mathematically).

1 players in top 47 is non-pro ( SharpAngles )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tiebreaker for 3 seats among 4 players @1400 pts (JayTris 07, JediMindPicks, juanquintero, toughone)

8 players in the big bubble (within 150 pts to qualify)

Last edited by spider; 04-09-15 at 10:20 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I like your daily columns, spider..it reminds me of this week in baseball's TWIB notes..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

1400!

Sheesh. I was thinking 1350 would make it without a playoff at the start of this week.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

great work, spider...... i was looking at the cutoff and how many have the shot at connecting on a hail mary in the last 7 days. 21 potential wins at 500 pts a piece keeps the hopes of anyone within 500 of the potential cutoff alive!!!!

spider

it looks like it's going to go down to the wire, the 11pm tourney next friday, being the deciding factor.
    so far, up to today, 1750 is already qualified (no. 28 in the standings. then there's 50 players fighting for the last 22 places. it will probably take 1600 pts to qualify, (at least for the tiebreaker).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two problems might arise:

----- if non-pros land in the top 50, originally it was stated that they will have 48 hrs to become pro. it they don't, will they be replaced by next in line , or will the final run with less players?

----- if non-pros land in the tiebreaker, will they be allowed to take part, or will they be exluded.

these two points will have to be addressed now, in order to avoid problems at the finish.
    sam please look into it.
    Last edited by spider; 04-09-15 at 11:44 AM.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Nice work Spider!

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by spider View Post

two problems might arise:

----- if non-pros land in the top 50, originally it was stated that they will have 48 hrs
    to become pro. it they don't, will they be replaced by next in line , or will the final run with less players?

----- if non-pros land in the tiebreaker, will they be allowed to take part, or will they be
    exluded.

these two points will have to be addressed now, in order to avoid problems at the finish.
    sam please look into it.
    Point 1 - If they dont have enough points to qualify they shouldn't get it IMO. Since I'm currently the only broke dik in the top 50 doubtful it makes any impact.

Point 2 - SBR should let any non pros into the tiebreak and then they have a few days to decide on pro if they get in. If they decide no the tourney runs with 49 or 48 and all qualifiers happy.

spider

any decision made will be acceptable, as long that it's done and posted before the fact, so everyone knows where they stand.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i thought there was a "must be pro by ____ [some date listed]" to be eligible set forth in the rules of the promo laid out in the original contest post....

is that not the case? look at the original post.... anyone who blows that date ("date", wwaves, not "dick", so sit back down) is not eligible, and would presumably be treated like po69

spider

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i thought there was a "must be pro by ____ [some date listed]" to be eligible set forth in the rules of the promo laid out in the original contest post....

is that not the case? look at the original post.... anyone who blows that date ("date", wwaves, not "dick", so sit back down) is not eligible, and would presumably be treated like po69

this is what's stated in the original post:

"4. If a Non-Pro finishes in the top 50 for points won during the daily tournaments, he/she must become an SBR Pro within 48 hours to avoid forfeiture of their Grand Finale seat."

now that I read it again, it defines forfeiture, so "legally" I assume it means they cannot be replaced and tourney will run with less players. case closed!

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

forfeiture only applies to that player. I would assume that the next in line would move up as they have done in all of the past competitions