ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51613

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    yeah, your not getting what I'm saying ... If I put you in a category with other good poker players, why would that mean " sbr likes you ". Anyways I don't need to hear about your one single bad beat... Just ask arnush I think his name is how I ended the night.... After making this thread... Nut straight on flop, sure enough runner runner he catches full house ... I didn't make a thread about it, it's repetitive is the point but I'm not that worried about it.... Whatever
    For the full story: a player limped, he open shoved for like 20 BBs with 98 of hearts. I called of course with QQ - flop comes T76, turn Q, and river T. But he gets his $ allin with 98 vs QQ preflop, ends up losing the hand and tries to later imply that he took a bad beat? That's a rather interesting view of things!

I really don't understand these folks who are continually whining about their poker performance on here. Is it because (a) they just need to vent when things go badly for them or (b) because they genuinely believe it's rigged

If it's (a), I can sort of understand that, I'm sure everyone on here has had runs where everything seems to be going wrong, and it's not unreasonable that sometimes the build up of that will cause you to need to blow off some steam. But it's one thing to randomly do that every now and then, quite another to be doing it every single session of poker you play as you and a few others seem so fond of doing. If it's (b), then there is a very simple solution: STOP PLAYING! Why anyone would play on a site which they are convinced is rigged against them is beyond me.

As I have said, in my many years of poker, I have generally found that those who whine excessively often tend to be some of the players with the biggest leaks in their game - their ego simply causes them big problems. Very simply, whenever they lose, they always convince themselves that their losses are occurring due to bad beats/coolers etc. - never ever possibly due to their suboptimal play. And the fact that they convince themselves of that means they never improve their game. And if you believe that losing 98 to QQ allin preflop was somehow a bad beat for you, well, that's certainly not something that speaks in your favor in this regard.
    Last edited by ArunSh; 03-06-15 at 02:42 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ShogunRua

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    For the full story: a player limped, he open shoved for like 20 BBs with 98 of hearts. I called of course with QQ - flop comes T76, turn Q, and river T. But he gets his $ allin with 98 vs QQ preflop, ends up losing the hand and tries to later imply that he took a bad beat? That's a rather interesting view of things!

I really don't understand these folks who are continually whining about their poker performance on here. Is it because (a) they just need to vent when things go badly for them or (b) because they genuinely believe it's rigged

If it's (a), I can sort of understand that, I'm sure everyone on here has had runs where everything seems to be going wrong, and it's not unreasonable that sometimes the build of that will cause you to need to blow off some steam. But it's one thing to randomly do that every now and then, quite another to be doing it every single session of poker you play as you and a few others seem so fond of doing. If it's (b), then there is a very simple solution: STOP PLAYING! Why anyone would play on a site which they are convinced is rigged against them is beyond me.

As I have said, in my many years of poker, I have generally found that those who whine excessively often tend to be some of the players with the biggest leaks in their game - their ego simply causes them big problems. Very simply, whenever they lose, they always convince themselves that their losses are occurring due to bad beats/coolers etc. - never ever possibly due to their suboptimal play. And the fact that they convince themselves of that means they never improve their game. And if you believe that losing 98 to QQ allin preflop was somehow a bad beat for you, well, that's certainly not something that speaks in your favor in this regard.
    Love it, no sympathy nothing... But thanks for answering, You still hit runner, runner... My only point!! as for leaks in my game, every single one of us make mistakes...I just never seem to catch cards, I've made plenty of points playing poker here, so it's not a " leak " in my game. I don't know what it is, I don't think sbr has something against me or anyone, I just know these cards aren't falling right for me. Yes, I was frustrated when making the OP, and no I don't make them " that often ", I've made three or four since I've been here. As for ego, what are you talking about ? Did I say I'm the best here, no one can beat me and yada yada, I named a few I particularly stay away from at the moment, because I know my chances of being beat, and how good they run, and their skill levels... I take all this in to consideration.. So back up a little bit

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51613

Love it, no sympathy nothing... But thanks for answering, You still hit runner, runner... My only point!!
    You shove preflop in a cash game with 98 for 20 BBs, get your $ in as a huge underdog, lose the hand, and yet continue to claim it was a bad beat for you. If that's not a "leak" in your game/thinking, then I'm not sure what is.

as for leaks in my game, every single one of us make mistakes...I just never seem to catch cards, I've made plenty of points playing poker here, so it's not a " leak " in my game.
    You've made plenty of points off poker here - so all those times you win points is it just your far superior play that causes it? It must be since you never catch cards.

I don't know what it is, I don't think sbr has something against me or anyone, I just know these cards aren't falling right for me. Yes, I was frustrated when making the OP, and no I don't make them " that often ", I've made three or four since I've been here.
    I don't know how many posts like this you've made, but pretty much every time I've seen you at a table, you've been whining about your bad luck (and I think others here can also attest to this). If that's not a sign of someone who complains far too much, then again I'm not sure what is.

As for ego, what are you talking about ? Did I say I'm the best here, no one can beat me and yada yada, I named a few I particularly stay away from at the moment, because I know my chances of being beat, and how good they run, and their skill levels... I take all this in to consideration.. So back up a little bit
    It has nothing to do with any claim you made/didn't make. My point is that those who, whenever they lose, start complaining, cursing their poor luck, etc. etc. - to me their ego is really what drives that. They simply have it in their heads that they should never lose, and that whenever they do it's due to some kind of poor luck, never possibly due to bad play, that an inferior player must have gotten lucky in order for their majestic selves to ever lose. Again if that's not a situation where someone's over-inflated ego is causing them to lash out, then I'm not sure what you would call it.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Arun's line of thinking is right on point, freezer.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Arun is good peoples

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

ArunSh is on point today!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Obviously rigged.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Obviously

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

My ace big vs. ace shit streak is well over 30 now when all in preflop in sbr bs trnies. ...... losing is a sickness..... sbr poker is terminally ill

last night's exit was so classic... resident aggressor sinmiedo decides one behind the button to let it rip with 36 off at the final table....... I know i've got him outmanned with aq hearts on the button, and know the second I call I will be on the rail.......

yep, hit call, on the rail.........

sbr poker is a joke
    this promo allegedly rewarding "skill" is a bigger fckin' joke than that

thank God i've got a week in vegas coming up to play some real poker.........

JJ, log in to my account and play next week's trnies for me........
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    My ace big vs. ace shit streak is well over 30 now when all in preflop in sbr bs trnies. ...... losing is a sickness..... sbr poker is terminally ill

last night's exit was so classic... resident aggressor sinmiedo decides one behind the button to let it rip with 36 off at the final table....... I know i've got him outmanned with aq hearts on the button, and know the second I call I will be on the rail.......

sbr poker is a joke

donker where you staying? Thinking of heading out for some march madness betting

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

Auto Donk

is that seewead???

i think i recognize the "hood"

Auto Donk

the venetian, 10th through 14th or 15th, cvan't recall which day we're leaving.... wife made the reservations

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

sbr poker is a joke

SORRY dONK, I WAS MAKING A MOVE, blinds were high and i have an aggressive style, i do not wait for big hands , for your pleasure, i finish 6th, bubbled.

JAKEPEAVY21

sbr poker is a joke

interesting take considering you're in 6th place..for someone who seems to understand poker, some of your posts are laughable.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

sbr poker is a joke

What's your point? My A,4 suited was a 73% favorite against Sin's 7,4 off. Didn't stop Sin from puling a flush, since he still had a 25% chance to win. I don't complain when my better hand loses, I'm satisfied getting all my chips in with the best of it. On the few occasions I'm behind & in a position to suck out, I won't apologize if I do. It's poker, intelligent folks realize there's a certain luck factor involved.

People like yourself who constantly complain about bad beats & change their avatar like underwear, are the most unstable.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

interesting take considering you're in 6th place..for someone who seems to understand poker, some of your posts are laughable.
    I figured that was just part of the schtick!

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I really didn't ask for opinions ... Obviously everybody has one, the point was HE CAUGHT RUNNER RUNNER. I'm done with the conversation ... You all have a good day

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    But it's hard to beat anyone with KK and AK 6 times during the last 15 hands or so....
    I'll say it is........ I've had ak lose 24 straight times to the lesser hand... 4 fn times in last night's trny alone; and my KK has lost 5 strt times and counting to smaller pairs and ace rag....... WHEN some sorry mo-fo doom switches u, that's the way it goes.........

OH WAIT, u actually were saying you WON with those hands......... my bad..........

on this f'n site I've only LOST with those hands.....

far more skilled players than I always reraise my KK with powerhouse hands like 63 (tripled bets), 63 (sinmiedo), 55 (biteme), j4 (carseller), 10 3 (Bosco), etc etc etc and smoke my ass....... I have to learn to play as "skilled" as these guys....... how does one acquire this "skill" of shoving with horseshit hands against premium hands and somehow always flopping a winner????
    Points Awarded:

eberetta1 gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

far more skilled players than I always reraise my KK with powerhouse hands like 63 (tripled bets), 63 (sinmiedo), 55 (biteme), j4 (carseller), 10 3 (Bosco), etc etc etc and smoke my ass....... I have to learn to play as "skilled" as these guys....... how does one acquire this "skill" of shoving with horseshit hands against premium hands and somehow always flopping a winner????
    ... You got me there donk... Let me know your conclusion when you come up with one....surely not an opinion here... Pure facts.

Auto Donk

... You got me there donk... Let me know your conclusion when you come up with one....surely not an opinion here... Pure facts.
    what makes this "skill" certain sbr players have all the more impressive is how it only works online; for eg. in a recent live trny i played in, i had kk three times, and DIDN'T LOSE WHEN RERAISED ALL IN BY THE FOLLOWING HANDS: jj, jj, a7...... amazing how they immediately knew they were more or less drawing to two outs; and three in the case of the ace rag hand......

on sbr, ida lost all three of those hands...... I guess these guys playing live just simply DO NOT have the same "skill" when getting it all in behind as do so many "skilled" players on sbr...........

dammit, someone help me out with this f'n "skill"........... play shit, suckout, win = "skill" on sbr........... but not in real poker..... how the fck can that be????????
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-06-15 at 05:02 PM.

JAKEPEAVY21

I really didn't ask for opinions ... Obviously everybody has one, the point was HE CAUGHT RUNNER RUNNER. I'm done with the conversation ... You all have a good day
    if you don't want opinions, don't start threads...have a great day

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

brainfreeze must have his doom switch off... yesterday in omaha cash game, all in on the flop with full house he caught runner runner inside straight flush to beat me

stuff happens, and we seem to remember the times we get burned way more than the times we get lucky... you can run bad for a long time, the first 3 years or so of sbr poker i only had 1 first place finish and i played every day! but it's hard to seriously complain too loudly about running bad on a freeroll

Auto Donk

FCK OPINIONS ABOUT SBR ........... WE ALL KNOW IT'S A JOKE, WE ALL KNOW IT'S RIGGED, BUT IT IS GIVING AWAY A PORTION OF A FREE SEAT TO THE WSOP MAIN EVENT...... RELISH IN THAT, AND LET'S SEE WHAT LUCKY DONK SBR PICS TO WIN IT..........

AND, remember, it's generally free............ as someone so eloquently pointed out in another thread, it only costs you TIME.............

WELL, TIME, AND IN MY UNFORTUNATE CASE, TITS.................

Attached Images

milwaukee mike

"we all know it's rigged"

so the same site that leaves hand-for-hand at 15 even when they pay 5 places is somehow technically capable enough, and smart enough to rig the poker software to benefit cronies? it wouldn't even make sense to do it except maybe in the 5k and now wsop tourney

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

It's.just a crappy rng, we all know that.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

i dont like rigged threads or posts because it mainly takes away from real concerns

however;
    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

so the same site that leaves hand-for-hand at 15 even when they pay 5 places is somehow technically capable enough, and smart enough to rig the poker software to benefit cronies? it wouldn't even make sense to do it except maybe in the 5k and now wsop tourney
    i do agree with you in that aspect mike, but it isnt if sbr rigged it. the question would be if they bought rigged software (probably unknowingly, because you know noone there knows about poker)

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

so the same site that leaves hand-for-hand at 15 even when they pay 5 places is somehow technically capable enough, and smart enough to rig the poker software to benefit cronies?
    check mate

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    What's your point? My A,4 suited was a 73% favorite against Sin's 7,4 off. Didn't stop Sin from puling a flush, since he still had a 25% chance to win. I don't complain when my better hand loses, I'm satisfied getting all my chips in with the best of it. On the few occasions I'm behind & in a position to suck out, I won't apologize if I do. It's poker, intelligent folks realize there's a certain luck factor involved.

People like yourself who constantly complain about bad beats & change their avatar like underwear, are the most unstable.
    Si, pepe dimimuto

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i dont like rigged threads or posts because it mainly takes away from real concerns

however;

i do agree with you in that aspect mike, but it isnt if sbr rigged it. the question would be if they bought rigged software (probably unknowingly, because you know noone there knows about poker)
    yeah the software might be rigged for action, but if that was the case then instead of complaining about it people should look for ways to exploit it... i would love to find out that every ncaa basketball game involving uw-milwaukee was rigged, i could just look for the patterns and make money on it

brainfreeze
    Meaning

brainfreeze must have his doom switch off... yesterday in omaha cash game, all in on the flop with full house he caught runner runner inside straight flush to beat me

stuff happens, and we seem to remember the times we get burned way more than the times we get lucky... you can run bad for a long time, the first 3 years or so of sbr poker i only had 1 first place finish and i played every day! but it's hard to seriously complain too loudly about running bad on a freeroll
    I hit a one outer ... A 7 on turn I believe ...wasn't runner runner...but what sucks even more, is when people have it out for you. Like tonight's tourney, Mjamm arunsh, and me... Jamm big stack, shoving me around not letting me see a flop, and arunsh ... Jamm let him see everything .. Sat there 5 minutes.. As soon as jamm put me out .. They then proceed to go all in... Sucks but true, that had nothing to do with software and so fourth... but hey, all in the game congrats jamm

brainfreeze
    Meaning

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Some that are not near as good as they believe get upset they dont cash 3 plus times a week. Love this place

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    some that are not near as good as they believe get upset they dont cash 3 plus times a week. Love this place
    i do not even average once a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First 123 Last